Albums That You Consider 10/10

Lucas

I guess my closest to perfect album would be Hand.Cannot.Erase.

That's one I was gonna name.

Really? It's that good?

Yes, it is. I think it's his best album so far although Raven is just as good. As much as I love all the PT material, I think these two solo albums are exquisite.

I gave Hand.Cannot.Erase a listen. It's very, very good. I don't know about perfect, I'll give it a solid 9/10.

• Like 1

Diamond Head - Lightning to the Nations

I suppose DH are your fave band out of NWoBHM?

Nah, that'd be Maiden overall. They just never made a 10/10 album to me. Killers would be the closest.

:haz:

Styx-The Grand Illusion

Mick

My personal 10/10 is Pieces of Eight, well I guess Aku-Aku is a bit off but other than that....

• Like 4

Styx-The Grand Illusion

Mick

My personal 10/10 is Pieces of Eight, well I guess Aku-Aku is a bit off but other than that....

I LOVE Aku Aku!!!

Machine Head

Hemispheres

Boston

Masters of Reality (band) - Masters of Reality (AKA The Blue Garden original issue).

Holy crap, that's a super obscure pick (and I'm pleased to say I owned that album once upon a time). Don't agree with perfection, but it does have some very good songs on it.

A Night At The Opera

Quadrophenia

Close To The Edge

The Resistance (Muse)

A Farewell To Kings

Foxtrot

The Rise And Fall Of Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars

Superunknown

Abbey Road

Awake (Dream Theatre)

To Pimp A Butterfly (Kendrick Lamar)

Animals

Zoso

Pump

Stained Class

Rust In Peace

...And Justice For All

Among The Living

Powerslave

Definitely Maybe

Ten

just to name a few :)

• Like 3

Animals

:yes:

About the only people I've met who appreciate this album as being on the same level as Dark Side, The Wall, and WYWH have been online. The people I've talked to irl about Floyd usually haven't heard of it, and when I've showed it to a few of them haven't been able to get into it. Too busy searching for hits or bite sized ideas to let the three epics soak in.

• Like 1

Animals

About the only people I've met who appreciate this album as being on the same level as Dark Side, The Wall, and WYWH have been online. The people I've talked to irl about Floyd usually haven't heard of it, and when I've showed it to a few of them haven't been able to get into it. Too busy searching for hits or bite sized ideas to let the three epics soak in.

Ditto, irl people tend to be Floyd novices. DSotM and The Wall. That's Floyd for them. Most of them don't even realize Wish You Were Here wasn't from The Wall. :P

• Like 1

Animals

Ditto, irl people tend to be Floyd novices. DSotM and The Wall. That's Floyd for them. Most of them don't even realize Wish You Were Here wasn't from The Wall. :P

I mean, I'd consider myself only a casual fan who's interest starts waning before Meddle and after The Wall. But that 5 album run is one of the best in recorded music. People should at least know WYWH is on its own album.

• Like 2

I'd list Master of Puppets ahead of Justice just for efficiency and ferociousness.

Animals is great!

I guess greatest hits records don't count, huh . . .

Justice hits that proggy sweet spot for me. Master took a while for a few songs to grow on me (Orion, Leper Messiah, Disposable Heroes)

Edited by Entre_Perpetuo

Masters of Reality (band) - Masters of Reality (AKA The Blue Garden original issue).

Holy crap, that's a super obscure pick (and I'm pleased to say I owned that album once upon a time). Don't agree with perfection, but it does have some very good songs on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keg-0ejzFkw

An absolute friggin CLASSIC., think i will spin that now.