Oh, hey, I'm new.

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 PinkFaure

PinkFaure

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:Art, pinball, video games, films, novels, astrology, and history.

Posted 15 March 2017 - 11:22 PM

Hi, I'm Floyd, but I don't mind if you call me Faure. I've been a Rush fan since about June of last year, but they've become my favourite band. I've got a majority of their stuff on vinyl and a few of bootleg CDs. Albeit, two of them are turkeys.

I enjoy films and video games a lot. When it comes to both of those things, I tend to stick to the classic stuff, but I do enjoy some modern day material. Don't have any laserdiscs for movies, but there are some VHS tapes down in the basement (probably taped over though, I don't think we even have a VHS player anymore) and I own a few Gameboy, NES, and Sega Genesis games.

In my spare time, I write and I do a lot of art. Pretty sure the sides of my notes for practically all of my classes have more drawings than in my sketchbooks.

Some bands and musicians I like outside of Rush include The Beatles, Humble Pie, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Emerson Lake and Palmer, The Jimi Hendrix Experience, Journey, Van Halen, Yes, Mötley Crüe, and The Bay City Rollers. unfortunately

Posted Image
this is what I can do in like, under a minute. I do serious stuff, I swear.

Sponsored Post

#2 treeduck

treeduck

Tenacious T

• Members *
  • 83495 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 11:26 PM

I'm new too just started today. Don't worry about my post count it's happening in reverse, and I am indeed a newbie. So obviously I'm guaranteed to be staying around here for a while...and now let me say...

Hello TRF veterans a new day has arrived, the day of the

treeduck
!

#3 Lucas

Lucas

Leave That Wrench Alone

• Members
  • 10808 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 11:35 PM

Hey Faure !!

What's your favorite BCR song ??

#4 Fordgalaxy

Fordgalaxy

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3737 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 11:35 PM

Posted Image

#5 Lucas

Lucas

Leave That Wrench Alone

• Members
  • 10808 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 11:36 PM

View PostFordgalaxy, on 15 March 2017 - 11:35 PM, said:

Posted Image

:lol:

excellent

#6 Entre_Perpetuo

Entre_Perpetuo

Queenmaster

• Members
  • 3541 posts
  • Interests:QueenRushMuseYeah! Oh and MtG.

Posted 16 March 2017 - 12:39 AM

Welcome friend! Like your sketch! You're into some great music! Look forward to your future posts! :D

#7 JohnRogers

JohnRogers

Holy Tai Shan!!!

• Members *
  • 23415 posts
  • Interests:American Muscle/Sports cars, Movies, New York City Subway, Cigar Lounges

Posted 16 March 2017 - 01:14 AM

View PostPinkFaure, on 15 March 2017 - 11:22 PM, said:

Hi, I'm Floyd, but I don't mind if you call me Faure. I've been a Rush fan since about June of last year, but they've become my favourite band. I've got a majority of their stuff on vinyl and a few of bootleg CDs. Albeit, two of them are turkeys.

I enjoy films and video games a lot. When it comes to both of those things, I tend to stick to the classic stuff, but I do enjoy some modern day material. Don't have any laserdiscs for movies, but there are some VHS tapes down in the basement (probably taped over though, I don't think we even have a VHS player anymore) and I own a few Gameboy, NES, and Sega Genesis games.

In my spare time, I write and I do a lot of art. Pretty sure the sides of my notes for practically all of my classes have more drawings than in my sketchbooks.

Some bands and musicians I like outside of Rush include The Beatles, Humble Pie, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Emerson Lake and Palmer, The Jimi Hendrix Experience, Journey, Van Halen, Yes, Mötley Crüe, and The Bay City Rollers. unfortunately

Posted Image
I read all of that a couple of times. I kept thinking "this sounds like a cool dude" but something was bugging me, something was off. Something made me think "I wouldn't buy this guy a cup of coffee".

There it was...Mötley Crüe. Man, I really loathe those guys.

Welcome, but keep that Crötley Mü shit to yourself.

#8 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

The Ghost Rider

• Members *
  • 30145 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 03:24 AM

View PostJohnRogers, on 16 March 2017 - 01:14 AM, said:

Posted Image
I read all of that a couple of times. I kept thinking "this sounds like a cool dude" but something was bugging me, something was off. Something made me think "I wouldn't buy this guy a cup of coffee".

MisterRogers, don't you like BabyMetal?

#9 custom55

custom55

The God Of Balance

• Members
  • 6020 posts
  • Interests:Snowboarding & Retirement.

On deck shows:

Phish - Dec
    Robert Plant - Feb
    The Musical Box w/LeGorLaTroy - Feb
    Robin Trower - Mar
    Foo Fighters - Jul

Posted 16 March 2017 - 07:24 AM

I like that you like Humble Pie. Rock On

#10 Gompers

Gompers

10,000 posts, and I got nothin'

• Members *
  • 17108 posts
  • Interests:Jaywalking. Not smoking meth. Selling my air guitars on eBay. Cooking Chinese and Italians. Giving blood so I can get drunk faster. Being a stickler for detale.

Posted 16 March 2017 - 07:36 AM

Posted Image
Welcome. You may find yourself liking a band called Porcupine Tree of you like harder Prog Rock.

#11 Ancient Ways

Ancient Ways

That's It™ Sig

• Members
  • 15993 posts
  • Interests:Hanging out with my kids, riding my bike, playing guitar.

Posted 16 March 2017 - 09:54 AM

Welcome.

#12 goose

goose

Honkin' in Nevada

• Members *
  • 53736 posts
  • Interests:Comical conies

Posted 16 March 2017 - 09:57 AM

Well, I guess we finally know which one's Pink.

Welcome!

You dig movies?  http://www.therushfo...-video-vertigo/

For classic band and other artists threads...  http://www.therushfo...of-the-spheres/

Lots of other cool stuff and people here.  Hope you hang around.

:cheers:

Edited by goose, 16 March 2017 - 09:59 AM.

#13 JohnRogers

JohnRogers

Holy Tai Shan!!!

• Members *
  • 23415 posts
  • Interests:American Muscle/Sports cars, Movies, New York City Subway, Cigar Lounges

Posted 16 March 2017 - 10:00 AM

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 16 March 2017 - 03:24 AM, said:

Posted Image

MisterRogers, don't you like BabyMetal?
That is Fake News.

#14 Mystic Slipperman

Mystic Slipperman

From Genesis to Armageddon

• Members
  • 3139 posts
  • Interests:Playing and writing music.

Posted 16 March 2017 - 10:23 AM

Hey  ! Welcome!!

#15 prolix

prolix

Superconductor

• Members *
  • 1194 posts
  • Interests:PC Gaming, RUSH, TRF, Golf, History, Geography

Posted 16 March 2017 - 10:38 AM

Hello! Hope to see you around!

#16 blueschica

blueschica

What the Puck?

• Members
  • 5841 posts
  • Interests:Camping, gardening, muscle cars, NASCAR, Rush!

Posted 16 March 2017 - 11:10 AM

Hi Faure!    :hi:   Welcome to TRF !  It's nice to have you here.  Great sketch!  You'll find a lot of kindred music fans here with your like of Led Zep, Journey, Pink Floyd, ELP, Hendrix, and Yes.  I'm not sure there's many you can find with the Bay City Rollers, but you never know!  :)

#17 Chicken hawk

Chicken hawk

The Sphere

• Members
  • 8319 posts
  • Interests:The Ocean

Posted 16 March 2017 - 12:07 PM

Hi Faure  !  :hi:   Nice to meet ya.   :hi:

#18 Permanent-Rush

Permanent-Rush

The Dream Police

• Members
  • 34019 posts
  • Interests:The Cure and 80's music

Posted 16 March 2017 - 01:14 PM

Hey, I think I already know u, but nice to meet u!!

#19 PinkFaure

PinkFaure

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:Art, pinball, video games, films, novels, astrology, and history.

Posted 16 March 2017 - 03:55 PM

View PostLucas, on 15 March 2017 - 11:35 PM, said:

Hey Faure !!

"Roxy Lady" from Ricochet. I'd say that "Summerlove Sensation" is my favourite when it comes to Les McKeown stuff though.

Ah, trust me, I'm not too vocal about glam metal in general so I'm not likely to talk about them.

View Postblueschica, on 16 March 2017 - 11:10 AM, said:

Hi Faure! :hi:   Welcome to TRF !  It's nice to have you here.  Great sketch!  You'll find a lot of kindred music fans here with your like of Led Zep, Journey, Pink Floyd, ELP, Hendrix, and Yes.  I'm not sure there's many you can find with the Bay City Rollers, but you never know!  :)
Yeah, I don't expect to see many BCR fans around here. I see you like the Pittsburgh Penguins. My mum and I do as well! My dad likes the Flyers... hockey nights aren't fun sometimes at my house.

View PostGotNeilPeart?, on 16 March 2017 - 01:14 PM, said:

I get around so chances are we probably have met on Instagram or Tumblr. Nice to meet you! (again)

And thanks for the warm welcomes to everybody else who replied.

#20 Fordgalaxy

Fordgalaxy

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3737 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 04:07 PM

View PostPinkFaure, on 16 March 2017 - 03:55 PM, said:

View PostLucas, on 15 March 2017 - 11:35 PM, said:

Hey Faure !!

"Roxy Lady" from Ricochet. I'd say that "Summerlove Sensation" is my favourite when it comes to Les McKeown stuff though.

Ah, trust me, I'm not too vocal about glam metal in general so I'm not likely to talk about them.

View Postblueschica, on 16 March 2017 - 11:10 AM, said:

Hi Faure! :hi:   Welcome to TRF !  It's nice to have you here.  Great sketch!  You'll find a lot of kindred music fans here with your like of Led Zep, Journey, Pink Floyd, ELP, Hendrix, and Yes.  I'm not sure there's many you can find with the Bay City Rollers, but you never know!  :)
Yeah, I don't expect to see many BCR fans around here. I see you like the Pittsburgh Penguins. My mum and I do as well! My dad likes the Flyers... hockey nights aren't fun sometimes at my house.

View PostGotNeilPeart?, on 16 March 2017 - 01:14 PM, said:

I get around so chances are we probably have met on Instagram or Tumblr. Nice to meet you! (again)

And thanks for the warm welcomes to everybody else who replied.
Probably Tinder.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users