The Tom Hanks Thread

JohnnyBlaze

Tom Hanks' Filmography  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Tick the Tom Hanks movies that you liked.

• Splash
    • Bachelor Party
    • The Money Pit
    • Nothing in Common
    • Dragnet
    • Big
    • The Burbs
    • Turner & Hooch
    • Joe vs. The Volcano
    • The Bonfire of the Vanities
    • A League of Their Own
    • Sleepless in Seattle
    • Philadelphia
    • Forrest Gump
    • Apollo 13
    • Toy Story 1
    • Toy Story 2
    • Toy Story 3
    • That Thing You Do
    • Saving Private Ryan
    • You've Got Mail
    • The Green Mile
    • Cast Away
    • Road to Perdition
    • Catch Me If You Can
    • The Ladykillers
    • The Terminal
    • The Polar Express
    • The Da Vinci Code
    • Charlie Wilson's War
    • Angels and Demons
    • Larry Crowne
    • Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close
    • Cloud Atlas
    • Captain Phillips
    • Saving Mr. Banks
    • Bridge of Spies
    • Sully
    • Inferno
    • (other)
  2. 2. Which opinion of Tom Hanks is closest to yours?

• He's always awesome!
    • He's reliable and usually good.
    • He's okay I guess but many of his films are modern classics.
    • He's a bit overrated but I do like some of his movies.
    • He's not very good actually and I only like a few of his movies.
    • He's not really acting. He's just being Tom. I don't know why he and his movies are popular.
    • (other)
  3. 3. How many of the movies listed here have you seen?

• NONE! I hate him even though I haven't seen any of his movies.
    • 1-5. Just a few.
    • 6-10. A handful.
    • 11-20. Not all but it's a good bit.
    • 21-30. Yeah, it's a lot. I do watch tons of movies.
    • 31-38. I'm a pretty big fan.
    • ALL 39! I love Tom Hanks with all my heart!

I watched Castaway one night and it was OK - not enough to say I "liked" it ... I clicked "other" because even though Bosom Buddies was not a movie, that's about all Tom has for me ..

I think I'd rather fall backwards into a vat of shit than sit thru Forrest Gump

He might be a nice guy, but if I live to be 500, I doubt I'll ever see one of his crap movies

He's wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy overrated. He sucks! He's an 80's comic actor who ran out of steam or ideas or motivation. and he probably said to his agent, "Man I've got to do something else, before I become a total burnout. Some straight acting, something more serious. Maybe I'll even win an Oscar or two...ha ha..." Lady luck took care of the rest...
  • Like 1

I liked 22 out of the 29 I've seen on that list. He's not my favorite but those are pretty good numbers.

Tossing out the Meg Ryan romantic comedy crap, his best run has been in the 90s up to Road to Perdition.

As I checked those movies off, it struck me what a run that is.
  • Like 2

My faves are Charlie wilsons war, Apollo 13, that thing you do and the ladykillers. I think his best part is the ladykillers. Very against his usual style but hilarious.

I liked 22 out of the 29 I've seen on that list. He's not my favorite but those are pretty good numbers.

Tossing out the Meg Ryan romantic comedy crap, his best run has been in the 90s up to Road to Perdition.

As I checked those movies off, it struck me what a run that is.

Yeah, same here. Ticking them off made me put that last sentence in there. I enjoyed Catch Me If You Can too...and, for me, Leo movies are VERY risky.

He's wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy overrated. He sucks! He's an 80's comic actor who ran out of steam or ideas or motivation. and he probably said to his agent, "Man I've got to do something else, before I become a total burnout. Some straight acting, something more serious. Maybe I'll even win an Oscar or two...ha ha..." Lady luck took care of the rest...

I put that "He's just being Tom" option for you.

His true name is Tom Wanks!

That's Cruise!

• Like 1

Oh hey, look what I found: 1980s footage of you telling Hanks what you think of him...

• Like 1

He's like a second cousin of mine and you would think I would have seen all of his movies but I haven't. I think he's a very good actor and is always enjoyable to watch but but his movie choices aren't always something I want to see.

My faves are Charlie wilsons war, Apollo 13, that thing you do and the ladykillers. I think his best part is the ladykillers. Very against his usual style but hilarious.

I've never seen Charlie Wilson's War and I thought I was the only one that liked The Ladykillers. J.K. Simmons was fun in that. Irritable Bowel Syndrome! :LOL:

• Like 2

I've never seen Charlie Wilson's War and I thought I was the only one that liked The Ladykillers. J.K. Simmons was fun in that. Irritable Bowel Syndrome! :LOL:

Charlie has good performances from Julia Roberts and Philip Seymour Hoffman as well.

This is mountain girl. Mountain is my right hand. You brought your bitch to the waffle hut?

Great lines in that movie.

• Like 1

Oh you left out Volunteers with John Candy.

I sort of left it out on purpose. I just saw it for the first time a week or 2 ago and it wasn't good. Besides, 40 options is the max with these polls. Hence, the true reason for "sort of left it out on purpose"

I haven't even heard of most of these. i like him. Bay Rea boy done good. He must have been married for 35 years to the same woman right? Great guy.

He's married to Rita Wilson, his co-star in the movie you mentioned in your other post: Volunteers. They've been married close to 30 years.

I just found out recently that Rita Wilson was in the Brady Bunch episode in which Marcia tries out for head cheerleader. She loses to another girl trying out named Pat Conway...played by Rita Wilson. This is only a "Oh really?!" moment IF you know your Brady Bunch episodes. As it's one of my guilty pleasures, I know my Brady Bunch episodes. :LOL:

• Like 2