The Tom Hanks Thread

JohnnyBlaze

Tom Hanks' Filmography  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Tick the Tom Hanks movies that you liked.

• Splash
    • Bachelor Party
    • The Money Pit
    • Nothing in Common
    • Dragnet
    • Big
    • The Burbs
    • Turner & Hooch
    • Joe vs. The Volcano
    • The Bonfire of the Vanities
    • A League of Their Own
    • Sleepless in Seattle
    • Philadelphia
    • Forrest Gump
    • Apollo 13
    • Toy Story 1
    • Toy Story 2
    • Toy Story 3
    • That Thing You Do
    • Saving Private Ryan
    • You've Got Mail
    • The Green Mile
    • Cast Away
    • Road to Perdition
    • Catch Me If You Can
    • The Ladykillers
    • The Terminal
    • The Polar Express
    • The Da Vinci Code
    • Charlie Wilson's War
    • Angels and Demons
    • Larry Crowne
    • Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close
    • Cloud Atlas
    • Captain Phillips
    • Saving Mr. Banks
    • Bridge of Spies
    • Sully
    • Inferno
    • (other)
  2. 2. Which opinion of Tom Hanks is closest to yours?

• He's always awesome!
    • He's reliable and usually good.
    • He's okay I guess but many of his films are modern classics.
    • He's a bit overrated but I do like some of his movies.
    • He's not very good actually and I only like a few of his movies.
    • He's not really acting. He's just being Tom. I don't know why he and his movies are popular.
    • (other)
  3. 3. How many of the movies listed here have you seen?

• NONE! I hate him even though I haven't seen any of his movies.
    • 1-5. Just a few.
    • 6-10. A handful.
    • 11-20. Not all but it's a good bit.
    • 21-30. Yeah, it's a lot. I do watch tons of movies.
    • 31-38. I'm a pretty big fan.
    • ALL 39! I love Tom Hanks with all my heart!

I haven't even heard of most of these. i like him. Bay Rea boy done good. He must have been married for 35 years to the same woman right? Great guy.

He's married to Rita Wilson, his co-star in the movie you mentioned in your other post: Volunteers. They've been married close to 30 years.

I just found out recently that Rita Wilson was in the Brady Bunch episode in which Marcia tries out for head cheerleader. She loses to another girl trying out named Pat Conway...played by Rita Wilson. This is only a "Oh really?!" moment IF you know your Brady Bunch episodes. As it's one of my guilty pleasures, I know my Brady Bunch episodes. :LOL:

If you've seen that thing you do Rita is the sexy waitress at the blue note hitting on guy.

• Like 1

I haven't even heard of most of these. i like him. Bay Rea boy done good. He must have been married for 35 years to the same woman right? Great guy.

He's married to Rita Wilson, his co-star in the movie you mentioned in your other post: Volunteers. They've been married close to 30 years.

I just found out recently that Rita Wilson was in the Brady Bunch episode in which Marcia tries out for head cheerleader. She loses to another girl trying out named Pat Conway...played by Rita Wilson. This is only a "Oh really?!" moment IF you know your Brady Bunch episodes. As it's one of my guilty pleasures, I know my Brady Bunch episodes. :LOL:

If you've seen that thing you do Rita is the sexy waitress at the blue note hitting on guy.

Rita Wilson is the only reason to see "Jingle All the Way".

:D

She was also in Bosom Buddies.

Is she the one Greg invites over to the house? Funny episode. :LOL:
  • Like 1

Is she the one Greg invites over to the house? Funny episode. :LOL:

She's the 3rd girl that beats Marcia and the girl who faked liking Greg.

It's pathetic that I know this cheer. :LOL:

My faves are Charlie wilsons war, Apollo 13, that thing you do and the ladykillers. I think his best part is the ladykillers. Very against his usual style but hilarious.

I've never seen Charlie Wilson's War and I thought I was the only one that liked The Ladykillers. J.K. Simmons was fun in that. Irritable Bowel Syndrome! :LOL:

Charlie has good performances from Julia Roberts and Philip Seymour Hoffman as well.

This is mountain girl. Mountain is my right hand. You brought your bitch to the waffle hut?

Great lines in that movie.

That outburst PS Hoffman has early in the movie is awesome. I saw it in theaters the Sunday of opening weekend and the crowd was applauding.

Sometimes the contrarian factor on TRF cracks me up. Is it a prog thing?

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.

I think it's hard to argue that Tom Hanks isn't a talented actor. I loved Forrest Gump and when Saving Private Ryan came out, I was amazed at how well he can do a dramatic role.

So the hipster contrarian thing I don't think works. Let's pretend that Tom Hanks is a nobody or only stars in indy movies.

Edited by workingcinderellaman
  • Like 1

51KBA3M08BL.jpg

This Hanks classic is now on the Netflix (or Hulu). Originally a tv movie, this flick is pretty much the Reefer Madness of the Dungeons and Dragons craze.

• Like 1

He is one of the most gifted actors, and he sounds like a pretty great guy in real life too. Nuf said! I don't know how you can't like the guy.
  • Like 2

I have only seen about half of his movies but I do think he is pretty versatile and of his movies that I have seen, I can't say that I hate any of them. I like most of them.

Volunteers isn't on the list. That was pretty shit even for a cheesy 80s comedy

I have only seen about half of his movies but I do think he is pretty versatile and of his movies that I have seen, I can't say that I hate any of them. I like most of them.

Volunteers isn't on the list. That was pretty shit even for a cheesy 80s comedy

Saw that on HBO recently and only for Candy. Even in crap *cough*Armed and Dangerous*cough* he's likable. Miss him.

Punch Line isn't even on that poll. That's underrated.

There are 39 Hanks movies on there. I couldn't include everything. And some TRFers don't even want ONE!!! :LOL:

One of John Goodman's early roles and came out the same time Roseanne premiered. Good supporting roles by a young Damon Wayans and the late underrated character actor Taylor Negron as aspiring comics.

Strange how Sally Field plays his mom 6 years later though.

He was cute and fun when he was young. I liked Big and Sleepless in Seattle. Now he's just a tired old man. Edited by Boots