• ★★★★☆
    • ★★★★★
  2. 2. Favorite Song off Album?

• 21st Century Schizoid Man
    • I Talk to the Wind
    • Epitaph
    • Moonchild
    • In the Court of the Crimson King

Im gonna give it a 5 star, can honestly say one of my favorite albums of all time, right along up with Hemispheres and Selling England by the Pound.

As for my favorite song, I went with Epitaph and I talk to the Wind being close second.

• Like 2

I'll go 5 star and Epitaph as well - love all the songs, but upon hearing Greg Lake's haunting isolated vocal track, I've gotta go with Epitaph. Also, I once played in a band that covered Schizoid man note for note - very challenging and fun!
  • Like 2

I go for 5 as well. But my favorite song is The Court Of The Crimson King. I was so happy when I saw this song live not to long ago. Amazing live song! Edited by YYZumbi
  • Like 1

I'll go 5 star and Epitaph as well - love all the songs, but upon hearing Greg Lake's haunting isolated vocal track, I've gotta go with Epitaph. Also, I once played in a band that covered Schizoid man note for note - very challenging and fun!

Honestly, his voice is really haunting, not many songs can get a singer so dramatic and atmospheric as in Epitaph. The buildup on the song is amazing, especially the last too minutes is just flawless.

I give it a 9/10, maybe an 8.5. I can enjoy Moonchild, there's nothing wrong with I Talk To The Wind, and Epitaph and the title track are both glorious and epic...but the only song here I think is perfect is 21st Century Schizoid Man.

Can someone explain to me why I can't find the album cut of Epitaph on youtube and why the versions that are on there are 10 seconds off - the voice and the music aren't in sync.

I vaguely remember having the same problem with Court of the Crimson King a few years ago.

The only two bands that I run into this with are King Crimson and Supertramp. It used to be The Beatles too, but no more. I see they have all their albums now on youtube.

I give it a 9/10, maybe an 8.5. I can enjoy Moonchild, there's nothing wrong with I Talk To The Wind, and Epitaph and the title track are both glorious and epic...but the only song here I think is perfect is 21st Century Schizoid Man.

Definite 9/10. Moonchild isn’t perfect, but every other song is, and Moonchild is great anyway.

Can someone explain to me why I can't find the album cut of Epitaph on youtube and why the versions that are on there are 10 seconds off - the voice and the music aren't in sync.

I vaguely remember having the same problem with Court of the Crimson King a few years ago.

The only two bands that I run into this with are King Crimson and Supertramp. It used to be The Beatles too, but no more. I see they have all their albums now on youtube.

Robert Fripp I believe is in that rare position of actually owning all of his copyrights and publishing, and is of that mindset that the internet isn’t meant for free music streaming, or would at least prefer that his music not be a part of it. Unfortunately for the poor or merely curious, you pretty much have to buy the records to listen to KC....

Actually, I think they are on Apple Music though, because I know they’re on iTunes, and those two usually line up. Not free, but that is one way to stream KC potentially.

• Like 2

Robert Fripp I believe is in that rare position of actually owning all of his copyrights and publishing, and is of that mindset that the internet isn’t meant for free music streaming, or would at least prefer that his music not be a part of it. Unfortunately for the poor or merely curious, you pretty much have to buy the records to listen to KC....

Actually, I think they are on Apple Music though, because I know they’re on iTunes, and those two usually line up. Not free, but that is one way to stream KC potentially.

Thank you, EP. :)

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

Im gonna give it a 5 star, can honestly say one of my favorite albums of all time, right along up with Hemispheres and Selling England by the Pound.

As for my favorite song, I went with Epitaph and I talk to the Wind being close second.

Wow!

Your timing is sick.

I love the first 6 Crimson albums.

I'm a Wetton Freak.

But wow, Greg Lake.

Are you kidding me?

First album 5 stars.

DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

• Like 1

4. Moonchild is pretty weak.

Yes.

ENJOY MUSIC. On the new remastered version of the album there is a FULL version there of "Moonchild", and I LOVE that song. Actually, my AMAZON tells me I bought this in 2010, and I'm listening to that song NOW. All 4 of my King Crimson albums were bought in 2010. The first 4.

parDk2c.jpg