Indiana Jones 5 in July 2019

JohnnyBlaze

Indy Jones  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Indiana Jones 5?

• YES!
    • Yes...if no aliens and/or Shia LeBouf.
    • No. I never really liked the series anyway.
    • No. Ford is too old now. It had it's day though.
    • I don't care.
  2. 2. Which is your favorite of the series?

• Raiders of the Lost Ark
    • Temple of Doom
    • Last Crusade
    • Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

I love the Indiana Jones movies, I even didn't totally hate Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. With that said, I don't really care. I guess they can pull a Star Wars tactic and basically remake Raiders in some form.

I didn't mind Crystal Skull - it had some ridiculous moments but don't they all. It was better than Temple of Doom.

That being said, I think it's time to stick a fork in Ford's character, at least. I'd humor new entries in the universe with new characters, or perhaps some prequels that aren't directed by George Lucas.

• Like 2

I vote yes. I've always loved those movies. The good and the bad. Harrison Ford is always entertaining no matter what movie he's in.

I can't say I am really excited given the colossal did that was Crystal Skull, which I found FAR worse than Temple of Doom by the way, but I will tune in because I am a sucker.

While technically the best film is probably Raiders, my favorite is Last Crusade because I LOVED the dynamic between Connery and Ford. But Raiders is right there. Sizable drop to Temple. Fall off the cliff and bounce three times to Crystal Skull.

Edited by Presto-digitation
  • Like 2

I don't how Temple is the so unloved. It's my favourite!
  • Like 1

I still don't understand why Crystal Skull was so hated. As if nuclear fridges and aliens are so much more far-fetched than face melting boxes and a guy that can rip your heart out of your chest without killing you...

The Indiana Jones moves all echo the popular cinema in the time of their setting. Crystal Skull, being set in the 50s took a sci-fi bent just like the popular cinema of the 50s did. The next movie will have to progress in theme and style along with the timeline of the series. That is such an integral component of the series, and something I actually think they did well in Crystal Skull. Tarzan, Aliens, Communists, A Bombs... all wonderfully 50s. If we can look for Indy 5 to be set into the 60s, maybe we can look at something that pushes Indy into an environment that's a little more noir, with a bit of the James Bond/Oceans 11 debonair... Dunno. Will be interesting to see how it goes.

Raiders was the best for me, can't say I'm thrilled at the prospect of another...sometimes the desire to milk franchises of every last penny gets a bit old.

I still don't understand why Crystal Skull was so hated. As if nuclear fridges and aliens are so much more far-fetched than face melting boxes and a guy that can rip your heart out of your chest without killing you...

The Indiana Jones moves all echo the popular cinema in the time of their setting. Crystal Skull, being set in the 50s took a sci-fi bent just like the popular cinema of the 50s did. The next movie will have to progress in theme and style along with the timeline of the series. That is such an integral component of the series, and something I actually think they did well in Crystal Skull. Tarzan, Aliens, Communists, A Bombs... all wonderfully 50s. If we can look for Indy 5 to be set into the 60s, maybe we can look at something that pushes Indy into an environment that's a little more noir, with a bit of the James Bond/Oceans 11 debonair... Dunno. Will be interesting to see how it goes.

The alien angle or nuclear fridge didn't bother me.

And, surprisingly, LeBouf didn't bother me as much as he usually does (was still annoying though). For whatever reasons, I just didn't care all the way through. By the time the last 15 minutes or so rolled around, I just wanted it to end. It's nowhere near being the worst movie around but I lump it in the same group of movies that I don't care bout.

Side note: Watching that nuclear fridge scene at a crowded cinema here in Japan was...uncomfortable. There was just weird, dead silence through that entire sequence. I even looked around the audience a bit and everyone I saw was stoic.

I think Crystal Skull played too much with CGI. It's the one type of film that doesn't and shouldn't need much of it. These are physical, dusty, get your hands dirty adventure yarns. Use that technology for some awesome wide shots or some scene involving the resolution only.

It was junk.

I voted No as Ford is to old. Still, basically a good series.

Last Crusade was my favorite of all of them, then Raiders. Temple gets a lot of hate but I did not think it was bad - Crystal Scull was ok as well but not as good as the others.

Even tough I voted no I will probably see it.

Interestingly, I also like a TV show that was based on the movies. I think it was called "The Young Indiana Jones Adventures" or something like it.

Anybody else remember this show??

• Like 1

The alien angle or nuclear fridge didn't bother me.

And, surprisingly, LeBouf didn't bother me as much as he usually does (was still annoying though). For whatever reasons, I just didn't care all the way through. By the time the last 15 minutes or so rolled around, I just wanted it to end. It's nowhere near being the worst movie around but I lump it in the same group of movies that I don't care bout.

Side note: Watching that nuclear fridge scene at a crowded cinema here in Japan was...uncomfortable. There was just weird, dead silence through that entire sequence. I even looked around the audience a bit and everyone I saw was stoic.

I can imagine. :(
  • Like 1