Breakfast Habits

JohnnyBlaze

First Meal of the Day  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What do you usually do for breakfast?

• I eat BIG!
    • I have a good sized breakfast though not too burly.
    • I eat a smaller breakfast, healthy or unhealthy.
    • I only have some kind of cake/doughnut/bagel for breakfast.
    • Just juice and/or coffee for me.
    • Nothing! I have no time for breakfast!
    • Nothing. But I'm choosing to not eat anything.

Coffee for starters most days and then plain toast only. If it's a road trip, it's Rotten Ronnies or Tim Hortons breakfast. On weekends, I feel better if I wait until lunchtime and I am tired of regular sandwiches at ten am after all the years of packing lunches, so a hearty warm soup and a carrot or an apple muffin works.
  • Like 1

I eat eggs about three times a week. Other times it's usually whatever I have in the fridge.

Baking soda?

If I feel a bit of indigestion coming on. ;)

• Like 2

During the week on days I go to work and Saturday, usually a small bowl of cold cereal, a piece of toast or other bread, half an orange and coffee. On Sundays, a cup of Joe before I take Rocky to the dog park. When I get back, Rocky gets fed, and then I chow down. Eggs over easy,or an omelet, breakfast meat, half an orange and more coffee.

Every three months, about a week before I have a follow-up exam by my primary physician, I need to have full fasting blood work done. After that's done, I'm famished, and go out to get my grub on. Either head to the Awful Waffle for an All-American, or the local deli for corned beef hash and eggs, which includes a bagel and a small bowl of oatmeal.

Can't live without breakfast. I'm shite for the entire day without it.

Every six months for me! I have toast and an apple in the car to get me home or to the diner where I have pancakes and eggs and hash browns with my girlfriend. I skipped breakfast a few times when I woke up late in college and thought I would croak. :P

I like the way you think.

I'm like something out of The Walking Dead if i don't eat anything by 12pm.

I'll bite your leg off under certain circumstances...it doesn't have to be too dire of circumstances either! :LOL:

• Like 1

During the week on days I go to work and Saturday, usually a small bowl of cold cereal, a piece of toast or other bread, half an orange and coffee. On Sundays, a cup of Joe before I take Rocky to the dog park. When I get back, Rocky gets fed, and then I chow down. Eggs over easy,or an omelet, breakfast meat, half an orange and more coffee.

Every three months, about a week before I have a follow-up exam by my primary physician, I need to have full fasting blood work done. After that's done, I'm famished, and go out to get my grub on. Either head to the Awful Waffle for an All-American, or the local deli for corned beef hash and eggs, which includes a bagel and a small bowl of oatmeal.

Every six months for me! I have toast and an apple in the car to get me home or to the diner where I have pancakes and eggs and hash browns with my girlfriend. I skipped breakfast a few times when I woke up late in college and thought I would croak. :P

I'll bite your leg off under certain circumstances...it doesn't have to be too dire of circumstances either! :LOL:

• Like 1

damn multiple posts! Edited by pjbear05
  • Like 1

My mother was like that, and I inherited the trait. If I go too long without food I get irritable and downright mean. We went on a train trip to Chicago, got to our hotel and she said she was getting hungry. I wanted to rest a bit, but she was mad! Got in my grill and said " I want to eat NOW", so we did.

That was the day I discovered Gino's East- oh yeah.

• Like 3

I eat a smaller breakfast that is very healthy. Either oatmeal or some type of fiber-rich cereal. Load it up with blackberries, bananas and blueberries.

You must be very regular. :D
  • Like 1

During the week, it's lots of coffee and a bagel with cream cheese.

On the weekends, I cook for the family. It's usually bacon or maybe sausage. Then it's either eggs, pancakes(often with blueberries), or french toast. Occasionally, I'll make a baked apple pancake. Then there will be some kind of toast. All topped off with coffee and orange juice.

Last Saturday I made corned beef hash for breakfast, with eggs. it was outstanding.

• Like 2

On the weekends, I cook for the family. It's usually bacon or maybe sausage. Then it's either eggs, pancakes(often with blueberries), or french toast. Occasionally, I'll make a baked apple pancake. Then there will be some kind of toast. All topped off with coffee and orange juice.

Last Saturday I made corned beef hash for breakfast, with eggs. it was outstanding.

Corned beef hash with eggs!!! Hell to the yes!
  • Like 3

My wife and I found a new diner in our area that's awesome. This morning I had the Eskimo waffle...a full sized waffle with glazed strawberries, a scoop of vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, drizzled with chocolate sauce and powered sugar. I was the bomb and gone in 4 minutes. The waitress asked how it was and told her...needed more sugar. ;)

Next weekend...the Bananas Foster which is french toast with glazed bananas and pecans and, oh yes, a scoop of ice cream.

Ice cream for breakfast, what a wonderful concept.

• Like 2

My wife and I found a new diner in our area that's awesome. This morning I had the Eskimo waffle...a full sized waffle with glazed strawberries, a scoop of vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, drizzled with chocolate sauce and powered sugar. I was the bomb and gone in 4 minutes. The waitress asked how it was and told her...needed more sugar. ;)

Next weekend...the Bananas Foster which is french toast with glazed bananas and pecans and, oh yes, a scoop of ice cream.

Ice cream for breakfast, what a wonderful concept.

Sounds good. I think the waffle would be improved with cinnamon & warm maple syrup instead of the chocolate sauce.

But no way would I turn my nose up at what you ate or WILL eat next weekend!

• Like 2

Eggs. Scrambled or soft boiled or over easy. Usually with avocado or mix vegetables. Once a week with bacon or sausage.

A few times a week I have a bowl of oatmeal with bananas, blueberries and strawberries.

From time to time, pancakes from scratch. Lots of butter and syrup.

Sometimes french toast.

If I am in a rush in the morning, bacon, egg and cheese on a plain bagel or an Egg McMuffin.

Wash it down with two cups of coffee.

Edited by ReRushed
  • Like 1

Corned beef hash with eggs!!! Hell to the yes!

A week before I see my doctor for follow ups I need to go in for blood work, which must be done after 8 hours fasting. I get that done before I go to work, then head to a deli near work that does an outstanding dish of hash and eggs. That, a small side dish of oatmeal, with a bagel and a fat schmear of cheese? OH HELL YEAH! Edited by pjbear05
  • Like 2

Back when I was younger and more foolish, and spend an evening drinking, I would wake up the next morning and be famished. Of course not being in the mood to cook, I'd head to a restaurant and fuel up. I get the Waffle House thing now. Edited by pjbear05
  • Like 1

Two donuts and a diet coke

How Freudian.

Sometimes a donut is just a donut.

Other times it may be more accurately described as a cinnamon roll.

Edited by laughedatbytime
  • Like 1