Breakfast Habits

JohnnyBlaze

First Meal of the Day  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What do you usually do for breakfast?

• I eat BIG!
    • I have a good sized breakfast though not too burly.
    • I eat a smaller breakfast, healthy or unhealthy.
    • I only have some kind of cake/doughnut/bagel for breakfast.
    • Just juice and/or coffee for me.
    • Nothing! I have no time for breakfast!
    • Nothing. But I'm choosing to not eat anything.

I eat a fairly but not burly sized breakfast to start the engine running. It helps that I wake up hungry!!

What do you usually eat

If it's not too early and my wife is up, she'll fry me three eggs over easy and I usually eat them with grits on weekdays. Just one slice of wheat toast for soppin'. And if they're ripe, a whole sliced tomato with salt and pepper. Or, if they are ripe, sliced avocado with fresh squeezed lemon with salt and pepper.

If it's early. I'll take three hard boiled eggs with an avocado and a banana.

I have a bad habit of usually skipping breakfast and just drinking 1- 2 cups of coffee. If I do eat...it's a bowl of Raisin Bran or maybe a cookie. I've just never really been a morning eater.

I have always loved huge breakfasts! My husband used to laugh; when we first got married I would make two fried eggs, two pieces of toast and two bowls of cereal. All for me. :D ( I worked a strenuous job then.) I don't eat that much now but still do it justice.
  • Like 1

i can't eat big breakfasts or else i feel very nauseous. i usually just have like a granola bar or small bowl of cereal.
  • Like 1

I have always loved huge breakfasts! My husband used to laugh; when we first got married I would make two fried eggs, two pieces of toast and two bowls of cereal. All for me. :D ( I worked a strenuous job then.) I don't eat that much now but still do it justice.

I hate eggs but love a big breakfast.

As a kid, the family used to go out for brunch after church OR dad would cook these massive, delicious meals fit for the halls of Valhalla.

It's breakfast time now. I think I'm going to go eat like Thor.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-CarKnGM6omQ/TsFDibVAKLI/AAAAAAAABR8/6DAtxzkvACg/s1600/superfood2.jpg

• Like 2

5 days a week it's 3/4 of a cup of a whole grain oat cereal, with the recommended amount of milk (usually 1%) and a teaspoonish amount of sugar. The weekends are all over the place. Yesterday it was 2 eggs, a piece of toast and some bacon (not a rasher but a goodly amount).
  • Like 2

As a kid, the family used to go out for brunch after church OR dad would cook these massive, delicious meals fit for the halls of Valhalla.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-CarKnGM6omQ/TsFDibVAKLI/AAAAAAAABR8/6DAtxzkvACg/s1600/superfood2.jpg

My sister does the same at family reunions and beach vacations! Now if we could only get Chris Hemsworth to show up !! :wub:

• Like 2

My sister does the same at family reunions and beach vacations! Now if we could only get Chris Hemsworth to show up !! :wub:

I was lucky growing up. My mom was always a very good cook but dad's even better. Our next door neighbor's kid (Pat) who was around our age used to show up at our place for Sunday brunch. He'd come by himself.

I still remember his doofus smile...

Pat: "Thanks Mr. and Mrs. Blaze! This is great! I don't usually eat a big brunch like this at my house."

Felt like an episode of Leave it to Beaver. :LOL:

Afterwards, my bro ChristophBlaze who was Pat's age & pal would rip, "Why don't you stay home and eat your own food?!" :LOL:

I guess getting teased was the price Pat paid for having a good meal. :LOL:

• Like 2

I enjoy (vegetarian) typical breakfast fare, but am seldom inclined to eat early in the morning. Instead, I start my mornings with a protein shake blended with berries.

That sounds good as my breakfast dessert. :yes:

Yeah, they're actually quite delicious! Sometimes I'll slip in a little cocoa powder if I'm feeling extra decadent :LOL: --it's pretty heavenly when combined with raspberries or cherries in particular.

• Like 2

During the week on days I go to work and Saturday, usually a small bowl of cold cereal, a piece of toast or other bread, half an orange and coffee. On Sundays, a cup of Joe before I take Rocky to the dog park. When I get back, Rocky gets fed, and then I chow down. Eggs over easy,or an omelet, breakfast meat, half an orange and more coffee.

Every three months, about a week before I have a follow-up exam by my primary physician, I need to have full fasting blood work done. After that's done, I'm famished, and go out to get my grub on. Either head to the Awful Waffle for an All-American, or the local deli for corned beef hash and eggs, which includes a bagel and a small bowl of oatmeal.

Can't live without breakfast. I'm shite for the entire day without it.

• Like 2

During the week on days I go to work and Saturday, usually a small bowl of cold cereal, a piece of toast or other bread, half an orange and coffee. On Sundays, a cup of Joe before I take Rocky to the dog park. When I get back, Rocky gets fed, and then I chow down. Eggs over easy,or an omelet, breakfast meat, half an orange and more coffee.

Every three months, about a week before I have a follow-up exam by my primary physician, I need to have full fasting blood work done. After that's done, I'm famished, and go out to get my grub on. Either head to the Awful Waffle for an All-American, or the local deli for corned beef hash and eggs, which includes a bagel and a small bowl of oatmeal.

Every six months for me! I have toast and an apple in the car to get me home or to the diner where I have pancakes and eggs and hash browns with my girlfriend. I skipped breakfast a few times when I woke up late in college and thought I would croak. :P

• Like 2

Yup, I have to eat SOMETHING even if it's small. If not, I'm dragging and feel weak all day. Even after lunch, I don't feel 100% if there was no morning food.

• Like 2

Every six months for me! I have toast and an apple in the car to get me home or to the diner where I have pancakes and eggs and hash browns with my girlfriend. I skipped breakfast a few times when I woke up late in college and thought I would croak. :P

I like the way you think.

I'm like something out of The Walking Dead if i don't eat anything by 12pm.

I'll bite your leg off under certain circumstances...it doesn't have to be too dire of circumstances either! :LOL:

• Like 3

I like the way you think.

I'm like something out of The Walking Dead if i don't eat anything by 12pm.

I'll bite your leg off under certain circumstances...it doesn't have to be too dire of circumstances either! :LOL:

Nooooooooo . . . . . . . . !!

http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp338/plantfan40/Eat_Locals_IMG_5516.jpg

• Like 2