Jump to content


Your opinion on self-diagnosing?


  • Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Poll: Your opinion on self-diagnosing? (8 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think it's possible to diagnose yourself with certain illnesses?

  1. Only some physical illnesses. (the flu, sciatica, etc) (1 votes [12.50%])

    Percentage of vote: 12.50%

  2. Some physical and mental illnesses, but only common ones. (6 votes [75.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 75.00%

  3. "Complex" mental disorders with plenty of research/history of symptoms can be self diagnosed. (e.g. autism, eating disorders, etc) (1 votes [12.50%])

    Percentage of vote: 12.50%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Steve Smith

Steve Smith

    Rushaholic

  • Members
  • 1683 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:29 AM

View PostFridge, on 20 March 2017 - 04:04 AM, said:

View PostLucas, on 19 March 2017 - 03:43 PM, said:

View PostFridge, on 19 March 2017 - 03:10 AM, said:

View PostLucas, on 18 March 2017 - 06:31 PM, said:

Of all the people here who have seen doctors for anxiety and other mood related issues, I'd love to know how many doctors took B12 tests before doling out prescriptions for SSRIs and other band aids ..

There is no health care industry in this country anymore ... It is a sickness industry, and the only way to remain healthy is to educate yourself, read and ask questions

I had comprehensive blood tests done before I went on to my medicine regime...you tar the medical profession with the same brush, but ours are not financially motivated as we have a National Health Service (you said in another post all WESTERN doctors follow the AMA).

Again, I am very interested to find out the level of your Medical training that allows you to make such sweeping statements...

In the late 90s, I was a 2nd year pre med student with aspirations of becoming a psychiatrist ... When my dad died during a routine stress test at a hospital, it changed my world in two ways:  I lost my best friend, unnecessarily, and I decided instead of pursuing a medical career, I choose to return to the family business ( auto repair and restoration ) that my parents had begun in 1982 .. That business meant everything to him, as he and my Mom sold their wedding bands to start it ..

Soon after, my Mom developed blood clots in her legs .. I stood there while her doctor told her that she would require surgery, and be on Heparin for the rest of her life ...... At that point, we took her to a integrative MD with practiced acupuncture ... Not only did he completely clear the blood clots with acupuncture and herbs, but he also helped my Mom kick a 25+ year Valium habit ... ( Mom is current 86 years old and still going to work everyday )

Personally, I have experienced the worst of the worst in doctors with my own health, which, if you are interested, I will write about ... But my recovery began with falling back on what I had learned, plus a lot of common sense - something that I feel Western doctors do not apply often enough to their diagnosis ..

I volunteer with a lyme disease support group here in NJ, as this infection has become epidemic here in NJ, and until recently, along with the host of other infections transmitted by ticks, was largely ignored by doctors, even to the point of denial ..

It was by my own unflinching refusal to believe that my condition was "for life" : when I was unable to walk up and down stairs unassisted and I had anxiety so bad that I could no longer go outside my home, I was told "that's it" ... bullshit

There are a lot of very good things people can do on their own to solve health issues that they absolutely should present and speak with a good doctor about ...

Ancient Ways mentioned a DNA test and Vitamin D - tests like these were all but out of the question a decade ago to anyone but a specialist, but now can be done thru simple saliva tests very reasonably and accurately thru a service like 23and Me ..

What a lot of doctors dislike about this is that all of a sudden, their patient has valuable tests results or info that they ( the doctor ) have no idea how to interpret or how to go about treating ..

Again, I am NOT in favor of someone doing anything without the guidance of a good MD or other doc ... But in the course of my recovery, due to all the reading I have done, my limited education and from speaking the other people who have gone thru or are going thru what I did, I feel THAT was as important as part of me getting my life back as anything ..

There is a reason for everything .. Just keep asking WHY and if your doctor doesn't have an answer, get another doctor

All very interesting, but it doesn't alter the fact that your experience is exclusively with American, not WESTERN doctors, and it certainty doesn't mirror the experiences that I and  many others I know have had over here.

Taking responsibility for your healthcare is of course a very responsible thing to do, something I practice myself.

Your anecdotes, whilst you have my sympathy, are certainly not evidence of the entire medical profession misperforming.

Fridge dude I think you hit the nail right on the head. I suffered from depression caused by relationship break up, being bullied at work etc

I mean I am a MAN. It is awful to feel like you have no control. I was in an office environment where you had to be so so correct about everything.

If I had been a construction worker or a factory worker I could have just said "OK lets go outside and sort this like man to man" I would not have cared if he was bigger than me, we could have had a good old fashioned punch up and if I got a hiding then fair enough, all would have been resolved then we could get on with it after clearing the air.

But in an office environment you cant do that, the mental bullying chips chips away at you over time it is horrible.

So I left and I was depressed. But all of the Therapists I spoke to knew jack shit. They learned everything from a book and at college. They have no experience of what it feels like

In the end with the help of my dear mum I sorted myself out

Sorry to be negative but, YOU are the only one that has control to get better.

Sponsored Post

#22 Fridge

Fridge

    The Freezable Fridge™

  • Members *
  • 9696 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Aberdeenshire, Scotland
  • Interests:Being a covers band hack
    hillwalking
    Just about anything in the great outdoors

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:35 AM

View PostSteve Smith, on 20 March 2017 - 08:29 AM, said:

View PostFridge, on 20 March 2017 - 04:04 AM, said:

View PostLucas, on 19 March 2017 - 03:43 PM, said:

View PostFridge, on 19 March 2017 - 03:10 AM, said:

View PostLucas, on 18 March 2017 - 06:31 PM, said:

Of all the people here who have seen doctors for anxiety and other mood related issues, I'd love to know how many doctors took B12 tests before doling out prescriptions for SSRIs and other band aids ..

There is no health care industry in this country anymore ... It is a sickness industry, and the only way to remain healthy is to educate yourself, read and ask questions

I had comprehensive blood tests done before I went on to my medicine regime...you tar the medical profession with the same brush, but ours are not financially motivated as we have a National Health Service (you said in another post all WESTERN doctors follow the AMA).

Again, I am very interested to find out the level of your Medical training that allows you to make such sweeping statements...

In the late 90s, I was a 2nd year pre med student with aspirations of becoming a psychiatrist ... When my dad died during a routine stress test at a hospital, it changed my world in two ways:  I lost my best friend, unnecessarily, and I decided instead of pursuing a medical career, I choose to return to the family business ( auto repair and restoration ) that my parents had begun in 1982 .. That business meant everything to him, as he and my Mom sold their wedding bands to start it ..

Soon after, my Mom developed blood clots in her legs .. I stood there while her doctor told her that she would require surgery, and be on Heparin for the rest of her life ...... At that point, we took her to a integrative MD with practiced acupuncture ... Not only did he completely clear the blood clots with acupuncture and herbs, but he also helped my Mom kick a 25+ year Valium habit ... ( Mom is current 86 years old and still going to work everyday )

Personally, I have experienced the worst of the worst in doctors with my own health, which, if you are interested, I will write about ... But my recovery began with falling back on what I had learned, plus a lot of common sense - something that I feel Western doctors do not apply often enough to their diagnosis ..

I volunteer with a lyme disease support group here in NJ, as this infection has become epidemic here in NJ, and until recently, along with the host of other infections transmitted by ticks, was largely ignored by doctors, even to the point of denial ..

It was by my own unflinching refusal to believe that my condition was "for life" : when I was unable to walk up and down stairs unassisted and I had anxiety so bad that I could no longer go outside my home, I was told "that's it" ... bullshit

There are a lot of very good things people can do on their own to solve health issues that they absolutely should present and speak with a good doctor about ...

Ancient Ways mentioned a DNA test and Vitamin D - tests like these were all but out of the question a decade ago to anyone but a specialist, but now can be done thru simple saliva tests very reasonably and accurately thru a service like 23and Me ..

What a lot of doctors dislike about this is that all of a sudden, their patient has valuable tests results or info that they ( the doctor ) have no idea how to interpret or how to go about treating ..

Again, I am NOT in favor of someone doing anything without the guidance of a good MD or other doc ... But in the course of my recovery, due to all the reading I have done, my limited education and from speaking the other people who have gone thru or are going thru what I did, I feel THAT was as important as part of me getting my life back as anything ..

There is a reason for everything .. Just keep asking WHY and if your doctor doesn't have an answer, get another doctor

All very interesting, but it doesn't alter the fact that your experience is exclusively with American, not WESTERN doctors, and it certainty doesn't mirror the experiences that I and  many others I know have had over here.

Taking responsibility for your healthcare is of course a very responsible thing to do, something I practice myself.

Your anecdotes, whilst you have my sympathy, are certainly not evidence of the entire medical profession misperforming.

Fridge dude I think you hit the nail right on the head. I suffered from depression caused by relationship break up, being bullied at work etc

I mean I am a MAN. It is awful to feel like you have no control. I was in an office environment where you had to be so so correct about everything.

If I had been a construction worker or a factory worker I could have just said "OK lets go outside and sort this like man to man" I would not have cared if he was bigger than me, we could have had a good old fashioned punch up and if I got a hiding then fair enough, all would have been resolved then we could get on with it after clearing the air.

But in an office environment you cant do that, the mental bullying chips chips away at you over time it is horrible.

So I left and I was depressed. But all of the Therapists I spoke to knew jack shit. They learned everything from a book and at college. They have no experience of what it feels like

In the end with the help of my dear mum I sorted myself out

Sorry to be negative but, YOU are the only one that has control to get better.

I think you've got a little bit confused here.....

#23 Steve Smith

Steve Smith

    Rushaholic

  • Members
  • 1683 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:21 AM

View PostFridge, on 20 March 2017 - 09:35 AM, said:

View PostSteve Smith, on 20 March 2017 - 08:29 AM, said:

View PostFridge, on 20 March 2017 - 04:04 AM, said:

View PostLucas, on 19 March 2017 - 03:43 PM, said:

View PostFridge, on 19 March 2017 - 03:10 AM, said:

View PostLucas, on 18 March 2017 - 06:31 PM, said:

Of all the people here who have seen doctors for anxiety and other mood related issues, I'd love to know how many doctors took B12 tests before doling out prescriptions for SSRIs and other band aids ..

There is no health care industry in this country anymore ... It is a sickness industry, and the only way to remain healthy is to educate yourself, read and ask questions

I had comprehensive blood tests done before I went on to my medicine regime...you tar the medical profession with the same brush, but ours are not financially motivated as we have a National Health Service (you said in another post all WESTERN doctors follow the AMA).

Again, I am very interested to find out the level of your Medical training that allows you to make such sweeping statements...

In the late 90s, I was a 2nd year pre med student with aspirations of becoming a psychiatrist ... When my dad died during a routine stress test at a hospital, it changed my world in two ways:  I lost my best friend, unnecessarily, and I decided instead of pursuing a medical career, I choose to return to the family business ( auto repair and restoration ) that my parents had begun in 1982 .. That business meant everything to him, as he and my Mom sold their wedding bands to start it ..

Soon after, my Mom developed blood clots in her legs .. I stood there while her doctor told her that she would require surgery, and be on Heparin for the rest of her life ...... At that point, we took her to a integrative MD with practiced acupuncture ... Not only did he completely clear the blood clots with acupuncture and herbs, but he also helped my Mom kick a 25+ year Valium habit ... ( Mom is current 86 years old and still going to work everyday )

Personally, I have experienced the worst of the worst in doctors with my own health, which, if you are interested, I will write about ... But my recovery began with falling back on what I had learned, plus a lot of common sense - something that I feel Western doctors do not apply often enough to their diagnosis ..

I volunteer with a lyme disease support group here in NJ, as this infection has become epidemic here in NJ, and until recently, along with the host of other infections transmitted by ticks, was largely ignored by doctors, even to the point of denial ..

It was by my own unflinching refusal to believe that my condition was "for life" : when I was unable to walk up and down stairs unassisted and I had anxiety so bad that I could no longer go outside my home, I was told "that's it" ... bullshit

There are a lot of very good things people can do on their own to solve health issues that they absolutely should present and speak with a good doctor about ...

Ancient Ways mentioned a DNA test and Vitamin D - tests like these were all but out of the question a decade ago to anyone but a specialist, but now can be done thru simple saliva tests very reasonably and accurately thru a service like 23and Me ..

What a lot of doctors dislike about this is that all of a sudden, their patient has valuable tests results or info that they ( the doctor ) have no idea how to interpret or how to go about treating ..

Again, I am NOT in favor of someone doing anything without the guidance of a good MD or other doc ... But in the course of my recovery, due to all the reading I have done, my limited education and from speaking the other people who have gone thru or are going thru what I did, I feel THAT was as important as part of me getting my life back as anything ..

There is a reason for everything .. Just keep asking WHY and if your doctor doesn't have an answer, get another doctor

All very interesting, but it doesn't alter the fact that your experience is exclusively with American, not WESTERN doctors, and it certainty doesn't mirror the experiences that I and  many others I know have had over here.

Taking responsibility for your healthcare is of course a very responsible thing to do, something I practice myself.

Your anecdotes, whilst you have my sympathy, are certainly not evidence of the entire medical profession misperforming.

Fridge dude I think you hit the nail right on the head. I suffered from depression caused by relationship break up, being bullied at work etc

I mean I am a MAN. It is awful to feel like you have no control. I was in an office environment where you had to be so so correct about everything.

If I had been a construction worker or a factory worker I could have just said "OK lets go outside and sort this like man to man" I would not have cared if he was bigger than me, we could have had a good old fashioned punch up and if I got a hiding then fair enough, all would have been resolved then we could get on with it after clearing the air.

But in an office environment you cant do that, the mental bullying chips chips away at you over time it is horrible.

So I left and I was depressed. But all of the Therapists I spoke to knew jack shit. They learned everything from a book and at college. They have no experience of what it feels like

In the end with the help of my dear mum I sorted myself out

Sorry to be negative but, YOU are the only one that has control to get better.

I think you've got a little bit confused here.....

Maybe ? I was just trying to comment on how it is better to try to get better on your own rather than consulting the "experts"

Sorry if I have got it wrong

#24 umoveme

umoveme

    California Sundress SILLY

  • Members *
  • 4266 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:California foothills
  • Interests:music, fishing, hiking in the Sierras, dog training, traveling, being creative...

Posted 23 March 2017 - 12:48 PM

I believe that some afflictions and complex mental disorders can be evident enough that it's pretty obvious, but the professional diagnosis is key.

#25 Fordgalaxy

Fordgalaxy

    The Professor

  • Members *
  • 3147 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 23 March 2017 - 02:19 PM

View Postjamie, on 19 March 2017 - 02:16 AM, said:

View PostAncient Ways, on 18 March 2017 - 05:23 PM, said:

You left out the option for
No: I don't think you can self diagnose illnesses which is the only option I would select.

If acting as your own lawyer means you have a fool for a client it must be worse to act as your own doctor (especially if you're largely untrained).
so not even common things like the flu?
Meningitis can mimic the flu. One kills you and the other one doesn't, usually.

#26 Ancient Ways

Ancient Ways

    That's It™ Sig

  • Members
  • 15748 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:iEarth
  • Interests:Hanging out with my kids, riding my bike, playing guitar.

Posted 23 March 2017 - 04:24 PM

View Postjamie, on 19 March 2017 - 02:16 AM, said:

View PostAncient Ways, on 18 March 2017 - 05:23 PM, said:

You left out the option for
No: I don't think you can self diagnose illnesses which is the only option I would select.

If acting as your own lawyer means you have a fool for a client it must be worse to act as your own doctor (especially if you're largely untrained).
so not even common things like the flu?
Even th doctor has to run a flu test to see if you are positive for flu.  They use your symptoms as a clue to decide to give the test but they can't positively diagnose w/o the test.

#27 Ancient Ways

Ancient Ways

    That's It™ Sig

  • Members
  • 15748 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:iEarth
  • Interests:Hanging out with my kids, riding my bike, playing guitar.

Posted 23 March 2017 - 04:27 PM

View PostLucas, on 18 March 2017 - 06:31 PM, said:

View PostAncient Ways, on 18 March 2017 - 05:27 PM, said:

View PostLucas, on 06 March 2017 - 12:10 AM, said:

As an example, here is a medical report on mood and impulsive disorders associated with B12 deficiency

This is a technical report and is kinda dry, but it illustrates how a vitamin deficiency can cause terrible symptoms

( just one example )

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC3404901/
Why post that that when literally everyone is familiar with scurvy?  Of course deficiencies in important minerals and vitamins can be a problem.  My doctor ran a dna analysis of me and discovered I have a rare condition in which my body doesn't make very much vitamin D and I need to take a daily supplement.  I never knew I had it because the way I felt was "normal" to me.  Supplementing was an eye opener.

Scurvy ??  .. That's a vitamin C deficiency

You're living in denial if you think your average GP is going to take a B12 test when a patient presents with symptoms relating to OCD, anxiety, social issues, etc .....

And as I pointed out - JUST ONE EXAMPLE

B12 is just one deficiency

Of all the people here who have seen doctors for anxiety and other mood related issues, I'd love to know how many doctors took B12 tests before doling out prescriptions for SSRIs and other band aids ..

There is no health care industry in this country anymore ... It is a sickness industry, and the only way to remain healthy is to educate yourself, read and ask questions
I guess you missed the point.  You posted an article to prove that vitamin deficiencies can cause health problems.  My point is that this is common knowledge using sailors 300 years ago and scurvy as an example.

#28 Stinkerbell

Stinkerbell

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 303 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling

Posted 28 March 2017 - 02:47 PM

I think the important thing with any illness(physical or mental) is the persistence of it. If you start with a sore throat and a cough and congestion and you decide to self diagnose it as a viral flu and take over the counter meds and it lingers for 3 weeks or so without improving than the self diagnosis has to go out the window and you need to see a Doctor for further examination. The same can go for Mental Illness.If you start with a series of bad days maybe stemming from a family circumstance or work related issue that brings you mood down then you can certainly self diagnose it a depression and get materials to read, journal on your own. If it lingers though and gets remarkably worse where it is effecting your work and other activities than the self diagnosis needs to go out the window and you need to see a Professional. This is just my opinion.

#29 Lucas

Lucas

    Leave That Wrench Alone

  • Members
  • 9863 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NJ

Posted 01 April 2017 - 02:50 PM

View PostAncient Ways, on 23 March 2017 - 04:27 PM, said:

View PostLucas, on 18 March 2017 - 06:31 PM, said:

View PostAncient Ways, on 18 March 2017 - 05:27 PM, said:

View PostLucas, on 06 March 2017 - 12:10 AM, said:

As an example, here is a medical report on mood and impulsive disorders associated with B12 deficiency

This is a technical report and is kinda dry, but it illustrates how a vitamin deficiency can cause terrible symptoms

( just one example )

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC3404901/
Why post that that when literally everyone is familiar with scurvy?  Of course deficiencies in important minerals and vitamins can be a problem.  My doctor ran a dna analysis of me and discovered I have a rare condition in which my body doesn't make very much vitamin D and I need to take a daily supplement.  I never knew I had it because the way I felt was "normal" to me.  Supplementing was an eye opener.

Scurvy ??  .. That's a vitamin C deficiency

You're living in denial if you think your average GP is going to take a B12 test when a patient presents with symptoms relating to OCD, anxiety, social issues, etc .....

And as I pointed out - JUST ONE EXAMPLE

B12 is just one deficiency

Of all the people here who have seen doctors for anxiety and other mood related issues, I'd love to know how many doctors took B12 tests before doling out prescriptions for SSRIs and other band aids ..

There is no health care industry in this country anymore ... It is a sickness industry, and the only way to remain healthy is to educate yourself, read and ask questions
I guess you missed the point.  You posted an article to prove that vitamin deficiencies can cause health problems.  My point is that this is common knowledge using sailors 300 years ago and scurvy as an example.

Yes, and this is where the term "limey" comes from, as a way of warding off scurvy, sailors would eat limes ( or so the story goes )


My point is that while finding a knowledgeable practitioner is imperative, educating yourself is equally important as no one knows our bodies like ourselves ...

Being in touch and connected with you own body, mind and spirit is essential to good health ..

The vitamin deficiency issue extends far beyond a simple diagnosis of one lacking element ....

Early on, one of my blood tests showed an extremely elevated B6 result, which to the doctor who prescribed the test, was baffling .... B6 in extremely high concentrations can cause all types of symptoms, and his recommendation was for me to refrain from foods high in B6 ( salmon, chicken, spinach .. all which were integral parts of my diet )


Not satisfied with this, I delved into methylation and the pathways that are essential to health ...

Excess B6 is not necessarily a sign of simply taking in too much B6, but it is an indication that the body is not converting B6 ( which in that state is unusable ) to the beneficial pyridoxal-5-phosphate ( P5P ) ....

As I found out, on my own, vitamin B6 is useless until it is converted to its active form, P5P ... This process depends on other elements such as zinc and B12  .... so, if a person is low in B12, or if their copper/zinc ratio is out of balance, excess B6 will accumulate due to the body not converting the B6 to P5P ...

This process of methylation is essential to sustain not only good health, but to life .... And it was only after my own reading that I began to understand the big picture, and that is when I sought out a doctor who was not only educated in this, but applied it to the patients ..

From my experience, a lot of MDs are against people educating themselves because they are not taught to apply these foundation aspects when treating the patient .... Band aids are easier, and simply following the AMA guidelines is safe for their practice

#30 Stinkerbell

Stinkerbell

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 303 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling

Posted 01 April 2017 - 02:59 PM

View PostLucas, on 01 April 2017 - 02:50 PM, said:

View PostAncient Ways, on 23 March 2017 - 04:27 PM, said:

View PostLucas, on 18 March 2017 - 06:31 PM, said:

View PostAncient Ways, on 18 March 2017 - 05:27 PM, said:

View PostLucas, on 06 March 2017 - 12:10 AM, said:

As an example, here is a medical report on mood and impulsive disorders associated with B12 deficiency

This is a technical report and is kinda dry, but it illustrates how a vitamin deficiency can cause terrible symptoms

( just one example )

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC3404901/
Why post that that when literally everyone is familiar with scurvy?  Of course deficiencies in important minerals and vitamins can be a problem.  My doctor ran a dna analysis of me and discovered I have a rare condition in which my body doesn't make very much vitamin D and I need to take a daily supplement.  I never knew I had it because the way I felt was "normal" to me.  Supplementing was an eye opener.

Scurvy ??  .. That's a vitamin C deficiency

You're living in denial if you think your average GP is going to take a B12 test when a patient presents with symptoms relating to OCD, anxiety, social issues, etc .....

And as I pointed out - JUST ONE EXAMPLE

B12 is just one deficiency

Of all the people here who have seen doctors for anxiety and other mood related issues, I'd love to know how many doctors took B12 tests before doling out prescriptions for SSRIs and other band aids ..

There is no health care industry in this country anymore ... It is a sickness industry, and the only way to remain healthy is to educate yourself, read and ask questions
I guess you missed the point.  You posted an article to prove that vitamin deficiencies can cause health problems.  My point is that this is common knowledge using sailors 300 years ago and scurvy as an example.

Yes, and this is where the term "limey" comes from, as a way of warding off scurvy, sailors would eat limes ( or so the story goes )


My point is that while finding a knowledgeable practitioner is imperative, educating yourself is equally important as no one knows our bodies like ourselves ...

Being in touch and connected with you own body, mind and spirit is essential to good health ..

The vitamin deficiency issue extends far beyond a simple diagnosis of one lacking element ....

Early on, one of my blood tests showed an extremely elevated B6 result, which to the doctor who prescribed the test, was baffling .... B6 in extremely high concentrations can cause all types of symptoms, and his recommendation was for me to refrain from foods high in B6 ( salmon, chicken, spinach .. all which were integral parts of my diet )


Not satisfied with this, I delved into methylation and the pathways that are essential to health ...

Excess B6 is not necessarily a sign of simply taking in too much B6, but it is an indication that the body is not converting B6 ( which in that state is unusable ) to the beneficial pyridoxal-5-phosphate ( P5P ) ....

As I found out, on my own, vitamin B6 is useless until it is converted to its active form, P5P ... This process depends on other elements such as zinc and B12  .... so, if a person is low in B12, or if their copper/zinc ratio is out of balance, excess B6 will accumulate due to the body not converting the B6 to P5P ...

This process of methylation is essential to sustain not only good health, but to life .... And it was only after my own reading that I began to understand the big picture, and that is when I sought out a doctor who was not only educated in this, but applied it to the patients ..

From my experience, a lot of MDs are against people educating themselves because they are not taught to apply these foundation aspects when treating the patient .... Band aids are easier, and simply following the AMA guidelines is safe for their practice
I think you are absolutely correct Lucas as educating ourselves about our bodies is essential to maintaining a healthy lifestyle as I was told once I turned around 11 or 12 to really start doing so. There are medical things however that are definitely way beyond my level of expertise of even knowing my body or even knowing how to handle it if I ever unfortunately came down with one of those diseases. So you are correct again in managing a good relationship with a practitioner you trust and also knowing your body is always the best to help you stay the healthiest in my book.

Edited by Stinkerbell, 01 April 2017 - 03:00 PM.


#31 vitalsigns318

vitalsigns318

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 165 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 01 April 2017 - 07:41 PM

My Dad has taught me a lot over the years about self diagnosis and natural supplements. What I have found to be that most disorders and illnesses are caused by a nutritional deficiency and can be resolved with the proper supplements and natural remedies. There are genetic predispositions for certain illnesses but they can be resolved by getting the proper nutrition that the body needs to work optimally.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users