Your top 3 songs on live album ATWAS?

Texas King

Your top 3 songs on live album ATWAS?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Your top 3 songs on live album ATWAS?

Gotta go with 2112 and By-Tor. Gets tough after that. I chose Lakeside Park (but could have easily gone with In The End, Something For Nothing, or Working Man as well).
  • Like 1

Sorry about this but I am not a fan of ATWAS

Primarily because Alex uses a Les Paul and Marshalls to get a big loud powerful sound for live work which is very distorted and gritty and sure it does the job live.

But his sound on the live album really does not have the diversity and the subtleties of the great sounds he created with his Fender Amps and the ES335 and Strat on the 4 studio albums.

Sorry, but that once again is just my humble opinion, I am not saying that I am right

Steve

Bastille Day - this version was the first Rush song I heard

Lakeside Park - second one that got me started

By-Tor and the gates were open...

Brought to you by the letter G. :smoke:

• Like 3

Primarily because Alex uses a Les Paul and Marshalls to get a big loud powerful sound for live work which is very distorted and gritty and sure it does the job live.

But his sound on the live album really does not have the diversity and the subtleties of the great sounds he created with his Fender Amps and the ES335 and Strat on the 4 studio albums.

Sorry, but that once again is just my humble opinion, I am not saying that I am right

Steve

Thanks. Now I know why I fell head over heals in love with this album at first listen back in 77'. I heard this before I heard any of the studio versions and love the live versions waaaay more to this day. The raw power and majesty I guess was and is the reason...
  • Like 2

Steve

Thanks. Now I know why I fell head over heals in love with this album at first listen back in 77'. I heard this before I heard any of the studio versions and love the live versions waaaay more to this day. The raw power and majesty I guess was and is the reason...

I get what you are saying

The live tracks are very different to the studio versions. And I suppose yeh you hit the nail on the head, that's the way it is supposed to be

PS no offence but I will say again that your lady is such a cutie :P

By Tor

Working Man(I just love that bit where Ged's bass follows Alex's guitar up the neck in the solo).