Hey -

Just realized that I've been back here for months and never hawked my own band (other than in my sig) !

Some of you might really dig this.

I'm in a band called Heliopolis. We have one studio album and a live album (RoSFest 2015), and are currently writing Album #2.

Based on our influences, I suspect some of you might enjoy what we are doing.

www.heliopolisband.com

www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=9042

www.facebook.com/HeliopolisLAProg

There are links at some of these sites.. and both of our records are available for purchase. The studio album is on 10T records, while the live album is being distributed by Bad Elephant Music.

Check it out! Hope you dig!

Edited by Mystic Slipperman
  • Like 1

Thanks!

Yeah.. Elegy was a song that I brought to the band, in tribute to a couple of close friends who had passed away. The band turned it into something even more than I could have imagined.

It's probably no accident that we might remind some of Neal/Spock's... I believe we have a lot of their musical influences. I dig quite a bit of Spock's stuff myself.. even auditioned for Neal's band at one point!

New Frontier we all wrote together... 5 people writing is an interesting proposition. It takes a lot of trust, and the right chemistry.

:)

Well.... I'm gonna BUMP this thread.... been a lot of changes since I started it....

Heliopolis is now AmuZeum. The "2nd album" I spoke of in the original post is now our FIRST album. (Although to me it feels

more like a continuation of what Heliopolis did).

AmuZeum is 4/5 the Heliopolis lineup with one important change --- Mark Wickliffe on bass. Mark and Mike are also in a progressive rock band called Ten Jinn, which has been around for over 20 years.

Anyway.... we are in the mixing stages of the album, hopefully to be released in another month or two.

Excited!!!

• Like 2