Official 2017 MLB Season Thread. Play Ball!!

RUSHHEAD666

The Milwaukee Brewers take 2 of 3 from the Dodgers......

But the stress of these last inning wins is KILLING ME!!!!

:boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo:

Edited by Principled Man

Dodgers 4-6 in the last ten games. Not how you want to enter the post season. :(

Or is it...?

Dodgers 4-6 in the last ten games. Not how you want to enter the post season. :(

Or is it...?

Well, the last champion entered the playoffs with a tie in their last five games so I think that's the key right there.

I don't really think anything other than health is important for the Dodgers over the rest of the season. There's no need to try to get 116 or 117 wins so it's probably a good thing that's almost certainly out of reach.

Or is it...?

Well, the last champion entered the playoffs with a tie in their last five games so I think that's the key right there.

I don't really think anything other than health is important for the Dodgers over the rest of the season. There's no need to try to get 116 or 117 wins so it's probably a good thing that's almost certainly out of reach.

:yes:

JD Martinez hits 4 HRs as the Dodgers lose their 9th in 10 and the D'backs win their 11th straight, 13-0.

I consider this post a micro-aggression.

What Martinez did, a hate crime.

Edited by goose
  • Like 1

Dodgers lose 10th of 11, now need to go 24-0 just to tie the Mariners record. On the bright side, last year's champs lost 15 of 20 and in a stretch that actually mattered, so it can be done.

Dodgers lose 10th of 11, now need to go 24-0 just to tie the Mariners record. On the bright side, last year's champs lost 15 of 20 and in a stretch that actually mattered, so it can be done.

Yep. But this is the modern-era Dodgers, after all.

So are the Dodgers playing to avoid the Dbacks in the best of 5?

Nats only 6 back of LA for best record in league.

• Like 1

Maybe. How 'bout those Indians? Outrageous what they are doing! 15 straight, and a +199 run differential!
  • Like 1

Maybe. How 'bout those Indians? Outrageous what they are doing! 15 straight, and a +199 run differential!

I'm rooting for them all the way! They win it all, I win $600.00! My Las Vegas slip from last November is still good! :laughing guy:

I'm rooting for them all the way! They win it all, I win $600.00! My Las Vegas slip from last November is still good! :laughing guy:

:ebert:

As of now, the Phillies and the Dodgers have identical records within their division, 33-33.

The Dodgers are 60-19 against the rest of the majors, the Phillies are 23-56.

The Indians streak is awesome! 21 wins as of tonight !

A very late congrats to the Indians. I'm not sad that they broke my 2002 Oakland A's 20 game streak. I still have amazing memories of their run. I was at the 20th win in Oakland.

Anyway, records are meant to be broken.

I'm sure the indians will be in a movie some year. A sequel to "Moneyball" perhaps. 22 wins tonight and they did it down to their last strike to tie and then win it in extras.

Amazing.

I hope they win the World Series. They deserve it.

"Major League" is my second favorite baseball movie ever made next to "The Natural." I am so old, I remember seeing "Major League" in the theaters! Fosse and Eck were Indians together. Eck has a no hitter with the Tribe way back when.

It's just nice to see this club kick ass after losing last year to the Cubbies.

Tony is a Hall Of Fame manager.

The Indians are fun to watch!

• Like 2

The Indians streak is awesome! 21 wins as of tonight !

A very late congrats to the Indians. I'm not sad that they broke my 2002 Oakland A's 20 game streak. I still have amazing memories of their run. I was at the 20th win in Oakland.

Anyway, records are meant to be broken.

I'm sure the indians will be in a movie some year. A sequel to "Moneyball" perhaps. 22 wins tonight and they did it down to their last strike to tie and then win it in extras.

Amazing.

I hope they win the World Series. They deserve it.

"Major League" is my second favorite baseball movie ever made next to "The Natural." I am so old, I remember seeing "Major League" in the theaters! Fosse and Eck were Indians together. Eck has a no hitter with the Tribe way back when.

It's just nice to see this club kick ass after losing last year to the Cubbies.

Tony is a Hall Of Fame manager.

The Indians are fun to watch!

We were watching the Indians tonight as well! They sure made everyone sweat- down to the last strike before they tied- wow! Major League is one of my favorites also. Wild Thing!! Forget about the curve ball Ricky, give em the heater!

It was fun to see everyone in Cleveland- no one wanted to leave! :) :)

The Milwaukee Brewers were universally predicted to be bottom feeders this year.

With 10 games to go, the Brewers are 81-70, and are 3.5 games behind the division-leading Cubs. They are a mere 1.5 games behind the Rockies for a WIld Card berth.

Can't tell ya how proud Brewer fans are of this team. Their pitching staff has surprised everyone with solid, consistent pitching. Their closer, Corey Knebel, is in a Closer's Zone. They may or may not make it to the post-season, but either way, they've earned the respect of the entire League.

4-game series with the Cubs starting Thursday! It could be a Death Match!! :haz: :haz:

The Milwaukee Brewers were universally predicted to be bottom feeders this year.

With 10 games to go, the Brewers are 81-70, and are 3.5 games behind the division-leading Cubs. They are a mere 1.5 games behind the Rockies for a WIld Card berth.

Can't tell ya how proud Brewer fans are of this team. Their pitching staff has surprised everyone with solid, consistent pitching. Their closer, Corey Knebel, is in a Closer's Zone. They may or may not make it to the post-season, but either way, they've earned the respect of the entire League.

4-game series with the Cubs starting Thursday! It could be a Death Match!! :haz: :haz:

Well, those silly Brewers CHOKED in Round 1! They had the game all but won in the 9th, and they pissed it away...... :rage: :rage:

Well, those silly Brewers CHOKED in Round 1! They had the game all but won in the 9th, and they pissed it away...... :rage: :rage:

Props to the Brewers, who are every team the Cubs are. I'm not sure I'm looking forward to next year, if Nelson comes back healthy you'd have a rotation of Nelson, Anderson, Davies, Hader (if they decide to start him), and possibly Woodruff, with a lot of quality bullpen arms, and plenty of good young position players. The rivalry will be a good one for a while, and I fear that who the Cubs have to throw out there next year won't match up.

But there's really no excuse for Jeffires not getting over to cover on the play...

The Crew also have a great shot at the Wild Card, with the way the Rockies are playing down the stretch.

Now we have to deal with the Cardinals, who crept to within a half game of the Brewers.

Will the Blizzard of Oz hit Detroit? The Free Press thinks the Tigers should look at Ozzie Guillen for manager.

It would be a great way to keep the focus off how horseshit the team is.

• Like 1