Just gave out wrong best picture award at the Oscars!

blueschica

Like Steve Harvey! I think it was too big to be a publicity stunt. Warren Beatty squinted like he forgot his glasses and Faye Dunaway took the envelope and announced La La Land. Their like 50 people came on stage and Jimmy Kimmel had to come out and tell them, "this isn't a joke, another movie won." Then they showed the paper that said "Moonlight, Best Picture." Edited by blueschica
  • Like 2

La La Land won but La La Land lost. There, that's the summary of this year's Oscars.

Shades of Steve Harvey or a publicity stunt?

Glad to know I'm not the only one that doesn't rule out it being an elaborate stunt.

Edited by PolarizeMe
  • Like 1

I'm not sure why you guys are saying Beatty announced the wrong name: it was Dunaway.

People gave an envelope to Beatty and Dunaway which was for best actress, Emma Stone: La La Land.

Beatty knew something was wrong as Dunaway chided him for taking so long. He showed her the envelope and she blurted out that La La Land won.

It didn't.

• Like 2

I'm not sure why you guys are saying Beatty announced the wrong name: it was Dunaway.

People gave an envelope to Beatty and Dunaway which was for best actress, Emma Stone: La La Land.

Beatty knew something was wrong as Dunaway chided him for taking so long. He showed her the envelope and she blurted out that La La Land won.

It didn't.

Shoot, I'm sorry! Thank you, LedRush! I was knitting at the same time and kind of looked away from the screen. I am as bad as the announcers ! :oops: The last thing I saw was Warren Beatty trying to figure out what he was looking at. I missed that Dunaway was the one that blurted it out. It really is a shame. I thought that Jimmy Kimmel was a good host and it was one of the better Oscar shows in a while before this happened.

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 1

It didn't.

Shoot, I'm sorry! I was knitting at the same time and kind of looked away from the screen. I am as bad as the announcers ! :oops: The last thing I saw was Warren Beatty trying to figure out what he was looking at. I missed that Dunaway was the one that blurted it out. It really is a shame. I thought that Jimmy Kimmel was a good host and it was one of the better Oscar shows in a while before this happened.

Yeah, everything happened so suddenly that in the midst of the botched moment I was still confused as to what happened that I didn't really get most of what Beatty said afterwards in his explanation to what had happened.

Kimmel was an entertaining host (personally I liked his deadpan approach). I think year's show will go down as a very memorable one for both the right and wrong reasons.

• Like 2

They are saying the wrong card was in the envelope and it was the card for "Emma Stone, Best Actress, La La Land", and Faye Dunaway just saw La La Land written down. What an awful ending.

Just saw Emma Stone's presser. She said she had the Best Actress envelope in her hand the whole time, even while Best Picture was being presented, so it wasn't like that same envelope got accidentally handed to Beatty and Dunaway. And there was obviously a correct Best Picture envelope because the producer for La La Land showed it on camera. So where did a second Best Actress envelope come from?
  • Like 2

All the best actors are dead!

And all the worst actors are alive!

Duck, who are the best 3 dead actors?

PolarizeMe, who are the worst 3 actors alive?

Oh, I was just saying it in jest to Duckie's post. But a serious answer is that IDK cause I don't hate myself that much to seek out horrible acting. Edited by PolarizeMe
  • Like 1

Oh, I was just saying it in jest to Duckie's post. But a serious answer is that IDK cause I don't hate myself that much to seek out horrible acting.

Well, I don't seek them out either. However, when a childhood toy/cartoon of yours from the 80s becomes a movie, you have to watch it. OR when Harrison Ford decides to return as Indy, you just come across a really crappy actor.

http://gazettereview.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/shia-lebeouf-now.png

Of course, I wasn't expecting anything great but still, I don't want a joke of an actor either.

• Like 1

Oh, I was just saying it in jest to Duckie's post. But a serious answer is that IDK cause I don't hate myself that much to seek out horrible acting.

Well, I don't seek them out either. However, when a childhood toy/cartoon of yours from the 80s becomes a movie, you have to watch it. OR when Harrison Ford decides to return as Indy, you just come across a really crappy actor.

Of course, I wasn't expecting anything great but still, I don't want a joke of an actor either.

He should think about having children with Corey Feldman ... we need a new generation to continue in the footsteps of Robert Redford

He should think about having children with Corey Feldman ... we need a new generation to continue in the footsteps of Robert Redford

:LOL:

At least Feldman didn't ruin Goonies, Stand By Me, or Lost Boys.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 2

:LOL:

At least Feldman didn't ruin Goonies, Stand By Me, or Lost Boys.

Like Redford did with Three Days of the Condor ??