Rate the Batman movie: The Dark Knight(2008)

Texas King

Rate the Batman movie: The Dark Knight (2008)  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the Batman movie: The Dark Knight (2008)

• ★☆☆☆☆
    • ★★☆☆☆
    • ★★★☆☆
    • ★★★★☆
    • ★★★★★

Heath Ledger gets five stars...

The movie gets three.

Christian Bale and his dumb voice gets one.

it's not as perfect as people say.

there are brilliant action sequences. Heath Ledger.

a nice dark gritty tone.

but......so.......much........EXPLAINING!!!!!

and speeches galore.

3 stars from me,

used to be nuts over this flick but repeated viewings....ya start to notice stuff.

Mick

• Like 1

it's not as perfect as people say.

there are brilliant action sequences. Heath Ledger.

a nice dark gritty tone.

but......so.......much........EXPLAINING!!!!!

and speeches galore.

3 stars from me,

used to be nuts over this flick but repeated viewings....ya start to notice stuff.

Mick

I've never loved any if this trilogy. But I like many aspects and a lot of scenes scattered across all three.

Excellent villains. All three are well cast. Except Batman. But Bale isn't bad it's just his lame voice.

But yes...as for the storytelling...not very well done.

I bought the trilogy box set...watched once...tried twice...sold it and I don't miss it.

• Like 2

4. I like it more than TDKR, but less than Batman Begins.

Yup, I think Begins is better too.

I don't think I'd give Dark Knight a 4 though. The Scarecrow scene is kind of quick and unsatisfying for being a formidable villain in the first one. And Batman choosing incorrectly (finding Dent instead of Rachel) seemed a bit too "easy". Overall, a 3.5.

• Like 2

It's an OK movie. Except for Heath Ledger's performance there's nothing special about it.

Agreed here. Ledger's Joker is brilliant, but once Dent is unconvincing and once he becomes Two-Face it really goes downhill. I didn't like what they did with that character at all.

I only like the old Batman movies that was made in the 80s.

I hate modern Batman. The way he is talking with that voice is so annoying.

The movies take themselves too seriously, I think.

I still say one of the best incarnations of batman was the 90's animated series.

that and the original 89 Burton film. and i was stunned by Ben Afflack too. i quite liked him.

But i'm biased cause thoes were my first incarnations of Batman. the 89 and the animated series.

Mick

• Like 4

Easy 4 stars for me as well. Excellent movie.

The only one I can say I definitely liked more was the '89 one, and that is obviously tinged by nostalgia for me.

It's an OK movie. Except for Heath Ledger's performance there's nothing special about it.

Agreed here. Ledger's Joker is brilliant, but once Dent is unconvincing and once he becomes Two-Face it really goes downhill. I didn't like what they did with that character at all.

Me too. And I only ever watched it once.
  • Like 1

I still say one of the best incarnations of batman was the 90's animated series.

that and the original 89 Burton film. and i was stunned by Ben Afflack too. i quite liked him.

But i'm biased cause thoes were my first incarnations of Batman. the 89 and the animated series.

Mick

I love that series! And Affleck was great!

• Like 1

I don't think the Burton Bat films have held up very well at all. Tried watching them a couple of years back and didn't finish either one.

I think the first one is still great, though far too slow and moody for a "modern" audience.

I agree that the second didn't hold up at all.

Mick

Mick

I'm biased because my first incarnations of Batman were the comics of the 70s then 80s then back to the 60s and older.

The 90s animated series is the most accurate depiction of Batman from the comics.

And despite Ledger's greatness in 2008 Bats, Mark Hammill is perfect as the Joker in the animated show.

I liked the first Burton Bat flick for many years but after I revisited it a few more times this century I lost interest.

• Like 1

Mick

Mick

I'm biased because my first incarnations of Batman were the comics of the 70s then 80s then back to the 60s and older.

The 90s animated series is the most accurate depiction of Batman from the comics.

And despite Ledger's greatness in 2008 Bats, Mark Hammill is perfect as the Joker in the animated show.

I liked the first Burton Bat flick for many years but after I revisited it a few more times this century I lost interest.

yea Hammils actually my fav Joker. just ahead of Ledger.

and as a kid in the 90's and i was around tons of Star Wars fans. oh my the negativity when he was announced as the joker.

much like afflack and Batman, lol

but Mark blew everyone away.

Mick

Mick

Mick

yea Hammils actually my fav Joker. just ahead of Ledger.

and as a kid in the 90's and i was around tons of Star Wars fans. oh my the negativity when he was announced as the joker.

much like afflack and Batman, lol

but Mark blew everyone away.

Mick

I wouldn't disagree that he's better than Ledger's Joker. Both are certainly better than Jack Nicholson's version.

Affleck wasn't bad as Batman. I couldn't believe it. And I didn't even like the Batman v Superman movie. I wouldn't give it an F but it wouldn't get more than a C. Probably a C- or D+.