Jump to content


2112 Re-Issue


  • Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#41 Rod in Toronto

Rod in Toronto

    Crushed in Rio

  • Members *
  • 8519 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
  • Interests:Running, music, movies, travelling, reading, food.

Posted 22 March 2017 - 08:33 PM

View PostUnion 5-3992, on 20 March 2017 - 09:42 AM, said:

View PostRod in Rio, on 20 March 2017 - 09:06 AM, said:

I´m 42 years old, going 43, and hope to live long enough to find a reissue of an album which improves the original. Remakes/re-record/remix/bonus disc and all, nothing tops an original release.
Unless that release is Vapor Trails

You may have a point.

Sponsored Post

#42 LeaveMyThingAlone

LeaveMyThingAlone

    The Professor

  • Members *
  • 3063 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 23 March 2017 - 08:09 AM

Yeah when I saw this was going to sell for $125, I looked at what was included and kind of scratched my head. Hard to see value in that kind of price for basically cover songs.

I think the OP made some excellent points and his one point that no one really addressed was regarding Rush continuing to release these cash grabs. Isn'i this a 180 from what the band used to be about? I think his disappointment in Rush and the big picture of the capitalists they have become is what's disappointing him.

Personally, Rush never came off as a band that represented themselves as anti-capitalism or whatever. I'm not totally sure what value he's referring to that they had then and what has changed. They are hard working capitalists, as evidenced by the price for this set, and the prices for their last few tours. They have realized their fan base is loyal, will buy anything Rush, and overall very affluent.

Difference is that their concerts were still the highest of quality and they deserved every penny they could get. This 2112 set at 125 is crazy. And it's certainly not just Rush coming up with the retail prices for this stuff. I'm sure others influenced this price as well.We will see how long the fans hang with it...

I'm just not sure how it might go when they re-issue Presto with a cover of Anagram for Mongo, live video footage of the bunnies used for the cover, and never before heard takes of Alex saying Superconductor, Superconductor are whats included for 80 bucks

#43 MMCXII

MMCXII

    The God Of Balance

  • Members *
  • 6162 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Edmonton Alberta
  • Interests:Playing drums, creating art, building hot rods, sacred geometry and spirituality, Metal detecting, mountain biking, camping/canoeing, off roading, motorcycles.

Posted 24 March 2017 - 05:27 PM

This is probably the only Rush album I regret buying. I already have 2 original copies and the hologram version..

#44 ytserush

ytserush

    The Professor

  • Members *
  • 3844 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Location:United States

Posted 24 March 2017 - 09:27 PM

View PostLeaveMyThingAlone, on 23 March 2017 - 08:09 AM, said:

Yeah when I saw this was going to sell for $125, I looked at what was included and kind of scratched my head. Hard to see value in that kind of price for basically cover songs.

I think the OP made some excellent points and his one point that no one really addressed was regarding Rush continuing to release these cash grabs. Isn'i this a 180 from what the band used to be about? I think his disappointment in Rush and the big picture of the capitalists they have become is what's disappointing him.

Personally, Rush never came off as a band that represented themselves as anti-capitalism or whatever. I'm not totally sure what value he's referring to that they had then and what has changed. They are hard working capitalists, as evidenced by the price for this set, and the prices for their last few tours. They have realized their fan base is loyal, will buy anything Rush, and overall very affluent.

Difference is that their concerts were still the highest of quality and they deserved every penny they could get. This 2112 set at 125 is crazy. And it's certainly not just Rush coming up with the retail prices for this stuff. I'm sure others influenced this price as well.We will see how long the fans hang with it...

I'm just not sure how it might go when they re-issue Presto with a cover of Anagram for Mongo, live video footage of the bunnies used for the cover, and never before heard takes of Alex saying Superconductor, Superconductor are whats included for 80 bucks

Probably not going to happen. Moving Pictures and 2112 was their two biggest sellers so those are the two that will keep getting reissued with the extra widgets.

#45 treeduck

treeduck

    Tenacious T

  • Members *
  • 82991 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manchester, England

Posted 04 April 2017 - 06:01 PM

I'm going to get this now but only because it costs just enough to qualify for free amazon shipping when it's added to the other stuff I'm buying...

#46 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 29752 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 04 April 2017 - 06:04 PM

View Posttreeduck, on 04 April 2017 - 06:01 PM, said:

I'm going to get this now but only because it costs just enough to qualify for free amazon shipping when it's added to the other stuff I'm buying...
Nah, buy more superhero t-shirts.

#47 MMCXII

MMCXII

    The God Of Balance

  • Members *
  • 6162 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Edmonton Alberta
  • Interests:Playing drums, creating art, building hot rods, sacred geometry and spirituality, Metal detecting, mountain biking, camping/canoeing, off roading, motorcycles.

Posted 05 April 2017 - 12:31 AM

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 04 April 2017 - 06:04 PM, said:

View Posttreeduck, on 04 April 2017 - 06:01 PM, said:

I'm going to get this now but only because it costs just enough to qualify for free amazon shipping when it's added to the other stuff I'm buying...
Nah, buy more superhero t-shirts.

The shirts will eventually wear out unlike the album because he'all only play it 2 or 3 times..

#48 daveyt

daveyt

    Non Sequitur

  • Members *
  • 8219 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 05 April 2017 - 10:13 PM

finally got an answer in this thread as to if 2112 was part of the live outtakes from Massey Hall. It's on there & thank you. it must be interesting to say the least since something for nothing sounded amazing

#49 treeduck

treeduck

    Tenacious T

  • Members *
  • 82991 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manchester, England

Posted 05 April 2017 - 10:42 PM

View PostMMCXII, on 05 April 2017 - 12:31 AM, said:

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 04 April 2017 - 06:04 PM, said:

View Posttreeduck, on 04 April 2017 - 06:01 PM, said:

I'm going to get this now but only because it costs just enough to qualify for free amazon shipping when it's added to the other stuff I'm buying...
Nah, buy more superhero t-shirts.

The shirts will eventually wear out unlike the album because he'all only play it 2 or 3 times..
Cheeky monkey!

#50 Lucas

Lucas

    Leave That Wrench Alone

  • Members
  • 10481 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NJ

Posted 05 April 2017 - 10:53 PM

View PostMMCXII, on 05 April 2017 - 12:31 AM, said:

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 04 April 2017 - 06:04 PM, said:

View Posttreeduck, on 04 April 2017 - 06:01 PM, said:

I'm going to get this now but only because it costs just enough to qualify for free amazon shipping when it's added to the other stuff I'm buying...
Nah, buy more superhero t-shirts.

The shirts will eventually wear out unlike the album because he'all only play it 2 or 3 times..

Hey, Duck only likes it when Chloe spanks him !!!



.

Edited by Lucas, 05 April 2017 - 11:12 PM.


#51 greyfriar

greyfriar

    River Rhine BurgerMeister

  • Members
  • 7880 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rheinsheim
  • Interests:Music
    Munros in Scottish Highland
    Constructing weird grammar phrases in TRF posts
    It is what it is - and forever!

Posted 05 April 2017 - 10:57 PM

View PostRod in Rio, on 20 March 2017 - 09:06 AM, said:

I´m 42 years old, going 43, and hope to live long enough to find a reissue of an album which improves the original. Remakes/re-record/remix/bonus disc and all, nothing tops an original release.
Not necessarily true.
Steve Hoffman made some great remasters and Wilson is a remix wizard. :codger:

#52 treeduck

treeduck

    Tenacious T

  • Members *
  • 82991 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manchester, England

Posted 05 April 2017 - 11:34 PM

View Postgreyfriar, on 05 April 2017 - 10:57 PM, said:

View PostRod in Rio, on 20 March 2017 - 09:06 AM, said:

I´m 42 years old, going 43, and hope to live long enough to find a reissue of an album which improves the original. Remakes/re-record/remix/bonus disc and all, nothing tops an original release.
Not necessarily true.
Steve Hoffman made some great remasters and Wilson is a remix wizard. :codger:
On the Steve Hoffman forum they seem to like Benefit best overall!

#53 greyfriar

greyfriar

    River Rhine BurgerMeister

  • Members
  • 7880 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rheinsheim
  • Interests:Music
    Munros in Scottish Highland
    Constructing weird grammar phrases in TRF posts
    It is what it is - and forever!

Posted 05 April 2017 - 11:40 PM

View Posttreeduck, on 05 April 2017 - 11:34 PM, said:

View Postgreyfriar, on 05 April 2017 - 10:57 PM, said:

View PostRod in Rio, on 20 March 2017 - 09:06 AM, said:

I´m 42 years old, going 43, and hope to live long enough to find a reissue of an album which improves the original. Remakes/re-record/remix/bonus disc and all, nothing tops an original release.
Not necessarily true.
Steve Hoffman made some great remasters and Wilson is a remix wizard. :codger:
On the Steve Hoffman forum they seem to like Benefit best overall!
They're discussing Wilson there?

#54 treeduck

treeduck

    Tenacious T

  • Members *
  • 82991 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manchester, England

Posted 05 April 2017 - 11:56 PM

View Postgreyfriar, on 05 April 2017 - 11:40 PM, said:

View Posttreeduck, on 05 April 2017 - 11:34 PM, said:

View Postgreyfriar, on 05 April 2017 - 10:57 PM, said:

View PostRod in Rio, on 20 March 2017 - 09:06 AM, said:

I´m 42 years old, going 43, and hope to live long enough to find a reissue of an album which improves the original. Remakes/re-record/remix/bonus disc and all, nothing tops an original release.
Not necessarily true.
Steve Hoffman made some great remasters and Wilson is a remix wizard. :codger:
On the Steve Hoffman forum they seem to like Benefit best overall!
They're discussing Wilson there?
Yeah. They discuss pretty much everyone.

#55 Steve Smith

Steve Smith

    Rushaholic

  • Members
  • 1683 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling

Posted 06 April 2017 - 12:05 AM

I bought the Led Zeppelin "Remasters" CD album where Page had got the original 24 track tapes and put each individual track onto digital format and remixed them.

And you know what?.... the end result just sounds exactly the same as my f***ing vinyl Zep albums!!!!!

Bah! what a ripoff, Wonga Wonga wonga

Maybe my ears are knackered or my hi fi isn't good enough or something

:drool: :drool: :drool:

#56 Steve Smith

Steve Smith

    Rushaholic

  • Members
  • 1683 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling

Posted 06 April 2017 - 12:07 AM

Put it this way

I will not be buying the "2112" digital remaster album.

Although I might buy the Dave Grohl 2112 tribute at the R&R hall of fame induction, that was pretty cool

#57 greyfriar

greyfriar

    River Rhine BurgerMeister

  • Members
  • 7880 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rheinsheim
  • Interests:Music
    Munros in Scottish Highland
    Constructing weird grammar phrases in TRF posts
    It is what it is - and forever!

Posted 06 April 2017 - 12:11 AM

View Posttreeduck, on 05 April 2017 - 11:56 PM, said:

View Postgreyfriar, on 05 April 2017 - 11:40 PM, said:

View Posttreeduck, on 05 April 2017 - 11:34 PM, said:

View Postgreyfriar, on 05 April 2017 - 10:57 PM, said:

View PostRod in Rio, on 20 March 2017 - 09:06 AM, said:

I´m 42 years old, going 43, and hope to live long enough to find a reissue of an album which improves the original. Remakes/re-record/remix/bonus disc and all, nothing tops an original release.
Not necessarily true.
Steve Hoffman made some great remasters and Wilson is a remix wizard. :codger:
On the Steve Hoffman forum they seem to like Benefit best overall!
They're discussing Wilson there?
Yeah. They discuss pretty much everyone.
Not me, I guess. :16ton:
Great to hear that Wilson is getting the attention that he deserves. He's really a prog monster and his remixes are more than ace. They're acer. :smoke:  Proofs what he always has said, he's more a producer than a musician.

#58 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 29752 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 06 April 2017 - 01:36 AM

View PostLucas, on 05 April 2017 - 10:53 PM, said:

View PostMMCXII, on 05 April 2017 - 12:31 AM, said:

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 04 April 2017 - 06:04 PM, said:

View Posttreeduck, on 04 April 2017 - 06:01 PM, said:

I'm going to get this now but only because it costs just enough to qualify for free amazon shipping when it's added to the other stuff I'm buying...
Nah, buy more superhero t-shirts.

The shirts will eventually wear out unlike the album because he'all only play it 2 or 3 times..

Hey, Duck only likes it when Chloe spanks him !!!



.
He wants her to wear HIM out!!! Spanking exhaustion!

She has assumed control!!! She has assumed control!!!

#59 ytserush

ytserush

    The Professor

  • Members *
  • 3844 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Location:United States

Posted 07 April 2017 - 08:41 PM

View Posttreeduck, on 05 April 2017 - 11:56 PM, said:

View Postgreyfriar, on 05 April 2017 - 11:40 PM, said:

View Posttreeduck, on 05 April 2017 - 11:34 PM, said:

View Postgreyfriar, on 05 April 2017 - 10:57 PM, said:

View PostRod in Rio, on 20 March 2017 - 09:06 AM, said:

I´m 42 years old, going 43, and hope to live long enough to find a reissue of an album which improves the original. Remakes/re-record/remix/bonus disc and all, nothing tops an original release.
Not necessarily true.
Steve Hoffman made some great remasters and Wilson is a remix wizard. :codger:
On the Steve Hoffman forum they seem to like Benefit best overall!
They're discussing Wilson there?
Yeah. They discuss pretty much everyone.

As it should be.....




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users