• 7532 posts
  • Interests:Music
    Munros in Scottish Highland
    Constructing weird grammar phrases in TRF posts
    It is what it is - and forever!

Posted 30 March 2017 - 08:19 PM

View Postblueschica, on 29 March 2017 - 11:27 PM, said:

View Postgreyfriar, on 29 March 2017 - 10:29 PM, said:

My poster arrived yesterday. I had a notice in the letterbox to pick it up at the customhouse, about 15 km away. I drove there, went into the office and they said that they need to see the invoice for the poster. Of course I didn't have one and I never own a smartphone, so I had to drive home to print that f***in' invoice. Today I went back to the office (another 30 km total), and they told me that I have to pay € 8,64 tax, for importing a poster from Canada! I laughed my ass off and went effing and blinding. Fookin' greedy bastards. :bang bang:
Anyway the poster is fantastic and now it needs to be framed by wood. No. 306/500 :dweez: :7up:

So glad it arrived in good shape and was worth it!  But yes, wow.
It was well worth the wait and all the hassle, so thanks again for your original post. :cheers:
I was surprised at how thick and heavy the paper really is. Great quality and a very special reminder.

Sponsored Post

#22 ytserush

ytserush

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3538 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 07:37 PM

View Postgreyfriar, on 30 March 2017 - 08:19 PM, said:

My poster arrived yesterday. I had a notice in the letterbox to pick it up at the customhouse, about 15 km away. I drove there, went into the office and they said that they need to see the invoice for the poster. Of course I didn't have one and I never own a smartphone, so I had to drive home to print that f***in' invoice. Today I went back to the office (another 30 km total), and they told me that I have to pay € 8,64 tax, for importing a poster from Canada! I laughed my ass off and went effing and blinding. Fookin' greedy bastards. :bang bang:
Anyway the poster is fantastic and now it needs to be framed by wood. No. 306/500 :dweez: :7up:

It was well worth the wait and all the hassle, so thanks again for your original post. :cheers:
I was surprised at how thick and heavy the paper really is. Great quality and a very special reminder.

I keep toying with idea of getting the replica first gig poster from 8/14/74 as the left bookend, but I keep getting put off by the photo they used which was from a later era. Not into replicas as a rule but I likely would make an exception if the right photo was used for the '74 poster.

#23 blueschica

blueschica

What the Puck?

• Members
  • 4911 posts
  • Interests:Camping, gardening, muscle cars, NASCAR, Rush!

Posted 31 March 2017 - 10:33 PM

View Postytserush, on 31 March 2017 - 07:37 PM, said:

I keep toying with idea of getting the replica first gig poster from 8/14/74 as the left bookend, but I keep getting put off by the photo they used which was from a later era. Not into replicas as a rule but I likely would make an exception if the right photo was used for the '74 poster.

The replica poster is only $ 5.75 (inc. shipping!) on Amazon right now if you want to go hog wild!  I got one for the laundry room which is where my "regular" posters go.  Makes folding laundry easier!

#24 ytserush

ytserush

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3538 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 08:35 PM

View Postblueschica, on 31 March 2017 - 10:33 PM, said:

View Postytserush, on 31 March 2017 - 07:37 PM, said:

The replica poster is only $ 5.75 (inc. shipping!) on Amazon right now if you want to go hog wild!  I got one for the laundry room which is where my "regular" posters go.  Makes folding laundry easier!

Thanks but it's the principle of thing. Looking at a wrong picture would keep bothering me so it's not worth having it around. Glad you like yours though.

#25 edhunter

edhunter

Prime Mover

• Members *
  • 926 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 08:53 PM

Shoulda had it shipped via DHL. That way the invoice would've been on the package from the beginning, as well as the duties taken care of.

#26 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

My name is Earl

• Members
  • 26943 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 02:52 AM

View PostEagleMoon, on 29 March 2017 - 11:19 PM, said:

Wow. That's nuts.

No I am fuckking nuts and Karma hates me.

I bought a "Fly By Night" Starry Night Poster for 249 USD.  It was number 2 out of 78!!!

I was so happy to get it!!  BLESSED!

But then as Johnny knows.... I'm CURSED!!

The seller didn't put it in a tube or use serious protection.  

The litho was delivered from Canada with a puncture through the thin cardboard sheets.

Useless.

Hence my Starry Night has a fuckking puncture through the lithograph.
It's worthless and she is trying to get the Canadian Post to pay the insurance value on it.

Yeah right.

What a waste of time and money and bad luck.

People don't give a shit about the quality of shipping anymore.

I'm in the business.  I know this.

My company ships tens of thousands of shoes a week.

The fuckking postal services in the USA and CANADUH can't get it right.

I'm so pissed.

Poor spoiled Earl.

Karma perhaps.

Life goes on.

I am still a happy guy.

RUSH ON

#27 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

My name is Earl

• Members
  • 26943 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 02:53 AM

Thank God or the Universe I was at the Inglewood show.

It's up there for sure.

I bought three of these posters.

One to frame.

Two to give to my daughters.

I'm a great dad.

Just an asshole on some public forum.  LOL

#28 ytserush

ytserush

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3538 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 05:08 PM

What's a Fly By Night Starry night poster? That a custom job?

#29 blueschica

blueschica

What the Puck?

• Members
  • 4911 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 11:16 PM

View Postytserush, on 04 April 2017 - 05:08 PM, said:

https://www.rushback...ight-print.html

https://www.etsy.com...limited-edition

I saw the one on Etsy and didn't realize it was a limited edition, I thought it was really nice but it was I think $50.00 I didn't have . . .:(

#30 ytserush

ytserush

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3538 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 09:22 PM

View Postblueschica, on 04 April 2017 - 11:16 PM, said:

I saw the one on Etsy and didn't realize it was a limited edition, I thought it was really nice but it was I think $50.00 I didn't have . . . :(

Thanks.

Doesn't look like my idea of fun. Any idea if it the original artist?

#31 blueschica

blueschica

What the Puck?

• Members
  • 4911 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 10:23 PM

View Postytserush, on 05 April 2017 - 09:22 PM, said:

View Postblueschica, on 04 April 2017 - 11:16 PM, said:

I saw the one on Etsy and didn't realize it was a limited edition, I thought it was really nice but it was I think $50.00 I didn't have . . . :(

Thanks.

Doesn't look like my idea of fun. Any idea if it the original artist?

I'm not sure.  The poster was listed on the Rush Backstage Club but it was really an item from the Fantoons store on Etsy.  David Calcano is the guy behind all the Rush Fantoons concepts- there is a book of cartoons; a coloring book for adults, posters, buttons and some tees. They are funny in a sly way. He has other artists do the artwork, though, so I don't know who did the poster.

They have a great tee right now that I have my eye on-   Posted Image

And I ordered this button, but apparently not enough of us voted for Geddy last fall !! :P   Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users