KANSAS poll: The First 5 albums. Rank them in the thread and choose your favourite and LEAST favourite in the poll

treeduck

What is your favourite from the first 5 Kansas albums?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favourite from the first 5 Kansas albums?

• Kansas
    • Song For America
    • Masque
    • Leftoverture
    • Point of Know Return
  2. 2. What is your LEAST favourite from the first 5 Kansas albums?

• Kansas
    • Song For America
    • Masque
    • Leftoverture
    • Point of Know Return

1. Leftoverture

2. Point Of Know Return

3. Masque

4. Song For America

5. Kansas

• Like 2

My favourite of the five is Leftoverture which doesn't need much explanation. My least favourite is Song For America and this is why; there's only two great tracks on here for me, the title track and Lonely Street. I don't like Down the Road at all, Devil Game is just ok and the two other epic tracks are pretty weak, even though I like them to a certain degree. And the band seem to agree as they never played them live in their entirety.

I almost put Masque at two.

I love that album.

Also the debut shouldn't be last but I just love the vibe of Song For America.

These five albums are all classics to my ears.

• Like 1

I just got tickets for an upcoming Kansas show. I know it's only a couple of the original members - sort of a best-possible tribute band. Setlists from last year look pretty good. Should be fun.
  • Like 3

I just got tickets for an upcoming Kansas show. I know it's only a couple of the original members - sort of a best-possible tribute band. Setlists from last year look pretty good. Should be fun.

That new album is really good.

• Like 3

agreed!

• Like 1

agreed!

Agreed too!

Agreed three.......their best in years actually

Mick

• Like 1

agreed!

Agreed too!

Agreed three.......their best in years actually

Mick

Their ONLY one for about 15 years!

My favourite of the five is Leftoverture which doesn't need much explanation. My least favourite is Song For America and this is why; there's only two great tracks on here for me, the title track and Lonely Street. I don't like Down the Road at all, Devil Game is just ok and the two other epic tracks are pretty weak, even though I like them to a certain degree. And the band seem to agree as they never played them live in their entirety.

I like and dislike different songs from Song For America than you do (the title track is a classic, but I hate Lonely Street), but I too rank it at the bottom of the list, with Leftoverture narrowly at the top.

1. Leftoverture

2. Masque

3. Kansas

3. Point of Know Return

5. Song For America

Kansas and Point of Know Return are virtually tied.

I like and dislike different songs from Song For America than you do (the title track is a classic, but I hate Lonely Street), but I too rank it at the bottom of the list, with Leftoverture narrowly at the top.

1. Leftoverture

2. Masque

3. Kansas

3. Point of Know Return

5. Song For America

You rank them in the exact same order as I do. :goodone:

• Like 1

1. Leftoverture

2. Masque

3. Kansas

3. Point of Know Return

5. Song For America

I didn't even look at your list, or anyone else's. Didn't want to be influenced. ;)

1. Leftoverture

2. Masque

3. Kansas

3. Point of Know Return

5. Song For America

I didn't even look at your list, or anyone else's. Didn't want to be influenced. ;)

I'm surprised Masque and the first album are getting so many votes for the least favourite.

1. Leftoverture

2. Masque

3. Kansas

3. Point of Know Return

5. Song For America

I'm surprised Masque and the first album are getting so many votes for the least favourite.

Agreed. There's some real good material on those two albums, even if the production is a little muddy. SFA sounds nice and clean, but for me, I like the title track and Lamplight Symphony, but the other songs haven't aged well at all.