Rate the album Meat Loaf - Bat Out of Hell and name your top track

Texas King

Rate the album: Meat Loaf - Bat Out of Hell and name your top track?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the album: Meat Loaf - Bat Out of Hell

• ★☆☆☆☆
    • ★★☆☆☆
    • ★★★☆☆
    • ★★★★☆
    • ★★★★★
  2. 2. Your top track?

• Bat Out of Hell
    • You Took the Words Right Out of My Mouth (Hot Summer Night)
    • Heaven Can Wait
    • All Revved Up with No Place to Go
    • Two Out of Three Ain't Bad
    • Paradise by the Dashboard Light
    • For Crying Out Loud
    • special option - none of above!

I'd rather die.

eat me.

Mick

Just when I think something would be right up his alley, Segue goes the other way. Is it similar to your dislike of Freddie M, Seg?

Nope. Coz I think Freddie has an amazing range, great stage presence and I now enjoy at least two Queen albums. I think he was amazing. Just so happens I don't like his voice at all...irritating that I can't deny his talent but hate the sound.

As for Meatloaf I just don't get the appeal at all. As a songwriter or anything...I don't get it.

Buuuuuuut...I have seen some live videos and I will say I think he's a fantastic performer and I could easily imagine loving him!

What should work in theory for me doesn't work in practice.

Queen and Meat Loaf would not look out of place in my collection!

I'd rather die.

eat me.

Mick

Just when I think something would be right up his alley, Segue goes the other way. Is it similar to your dislike of Freddie M, Seg?

'

This should be up his alley it's no less bloated than Springsteen or one of his fave finnish band's nightwish.

Segue is a tough nut to crack, lol

Mick

• Like 2

I'd rather die.

eat me.

Mick

Nope. Coz I think Freddie has an amazing range, great stage presence and I now enjoy at least two Queen albums. I think he was amazing. Just so happens I don't like his voice at all...irritating that I can't deny his talent but hate the sound.

As for Meatloaf I just don't get the appeal at all. As a songwriter or anything...I don't get it.

Buuuuuuut...I have seen some live videos and I will say I think he's a fantastic performer and I could easily imagine loving him!

Is it the pirate shirt that draws you in?

:madra:

• Like 1

I'd rather die.

eat me.

Mick

'

This should be up his alley it's no less bloated than Springsteen or one of his fave finnish band's nightwish.

Mick

Roy Bittan and Max Weinberg play on the damn thing. And they are big reasons why the E-Street Band sounds the way it does!

• Like 2

I'd rather die.

eat me.

Mick

'

Mick

Roy Bittan and Max Weinberg play on the damn thing. And they are big reasons why the E-Street Band sounds the way it does!

I don't dislike the band I hate the songs. Simple as...

I'd rather die.

eat me.

Mick

'

Mick

Fair enough. Between Bat Out of Hell and "Bohemian Rhapsody" you seem not to be a fan of audacious and bombastic 1970s rock music. Born to Run cuts much deeper and is sincere.

• Like 2

No no i get why this record would be vomit inducing to some.......but.......it's not serious and was never meant to be taken as such

also as someone who's first real love is musical theater.......this was tailor made for me.

Mick

• Like 2

I'd rather die.

eat me.

Mick

'

Mick

Fair enough. Between Bat Out of Hell and "Bohemian Rhapsody" you seem not to be a fan of audacious and bombastic 1970s rock music. Born to Run cuts much deeper and is sincere.

Yeah this is so true. Funnily enough I love bombastic music from the eighties onwards but I just don't enjoy the seventies bombast. I like the hard rock, and stuff like ABBA, of course AOR and pomp rock (Styx, Starcastle and Kansas of they count) and prog...but Queen and glam rock in general is a huge NO. Only exceptions are Bowie and Roxy Music. But they don't really fit my idea of the ugly side of glam.

I'd rather die.

eat me.

Mick

'

Mick

Yeah this is so true. Funnily enough I love bombastic music from the eighties onwards but I just don't enjoy the seventies bombast. I like the hard rock, and stuff like ABBA, of course AOR and pomp rock (Styx, Starcastle and Kansas of they count) and prog...but Queen and glam rock in general is a huge NO. Only exceptions are Bowie and Roxy Music. But they don't really fit my idea of the ugly side of glam.

I don't like Tommy, so there you go.
  • Like 1

I'd rather die.

eat me.

Mick

'

Mick

I do not like The Who at all so there we go again haha!

Paradise By The Dashboard Light. Incredible track. Very strong.

Very strong, but the best? Not sure.

Let me sleep on it.

Baby, baby, let me sleep on it. Let me sleep on it and I'll give you my answer in the morning.

• Like 1

4 stars. I like just about every song on the album even though I recognize that it is broadway-style pop.

I remember singing 2 out of 3 Ain't Bad with my father and his friends while traveling when I was a kid, and I still love that song, so I'm sticking with it.

I'd rather die.

eat me.

Mick

'

Mick

I do not like The Who at all so there we go again haha!

I never liked them when I was younger (other than the very punk My Generation). But now I dig from Who's Next forward.

Four stars. You Took the Words...slightly edges out the title track in that it doesn't take twenty minutes to listen to it and it's a great marriage of hard guitar rock and the classic Motown sound.

I'm of the vintage that me and my peers all owned this album.

How would you value this third-best selling album in rock history(45 million copies)?

For me 4 stars, top track: title track.

http://bilder.hifi-forum.de/max/676128/meat-loaf-bat-out-of-hell_153749.jpg

Well my friend, since you have stolen my Rush Forum Thunder on here I will say that 2 Out Of 30 Of your Threads Ain't Bad! LOL!

Keep up the good work RUSHHEAD666 JR

I'd rather die.

In a motorcycle accident after you pass the corpse of some kid foaming in the heat?

Exactly!