Totem poll [a Rod in Rio production]

JohnnyBlaze

Totem  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Overall, how would you grade Totem?

2. 2. Lyrically, what do you think of Totem?

• They're genius really!
    • Not Peart's best but they're still pretty clever and fun.
    • They're okay, kind of middle of the road Peart lyrics.
    • I don't hate 'em but I kind of forget about 'em.
    • Bad. What was Peart thinking?
    • I loathe them! They're up there with Peart's worst attempts at verse.

D...and I'd still rank it as the fourth best song on Test for Echo. Shows how much I enjoy that album. Sweet chariot, swing low...really guys?

I like Alex's solo though.

Not including Feedback, it's my 3rd least liked Rush album.

I don't hate anything on T4E but there are plenty on it that i don't care about or are below average.

Thanks for putting this together, JB!

I like Totem - cool solo, and clever puns on the lyrics. I was sure they were going to play it live when T4E was released.

No problem :cheers:

It's interesting that EVERY choice has been selected at least once except for "D-" and "A"

Edited by JohnnyBlaze

It´ll never be an A because we have Tom Sawyer, La Villa, Xanadu etc. to measure against Totem. And it´ll never be a D- because we have Tai Shan, High Water and Dog Years.

Oh no, OH NO. I love ya Rio but no. You did NOT just disparage Dog Years and High Water.

I am a bit dismayed but I...I...I...

I can't do it, can't do it.

• Like 2

It´ll never be an A because we have Tom Sawyer, La Villa, Xanadu etc. to measure against Totem. And it´ll never be a D- because we have Tai Shan, High Water and Dog Years.

Oh no, OH NO. I love ya Rio but no. You did NOT just disparage Dog Years and High Water.

:LOL:

In all honesty, I like High Water and Dog Years isn't so bad (musically anyway).

My Fs would be for You Bet Your Life, Bravest Face, Neurotica, and Speed of Love.

http://youtu.be/R2kgjilRSOg

In all honesty, I like High Water and Dog Years isn't so bad (musically anyway).

My Fs would be for You Bet Your Life, Bravest Face, Neurotica, and Speed of Love.

I like Neurotica. Replace that with The Big Wheel.

http://youtu.be/R2kgjilRSOg

I like Neurotica. Replace that with The Big Wheel.

I'd give Big Wheel a D.