Red Barchetta versions?

Texas King

Red Barchetta versions?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Red Barchetta versions?

• original on Moving Pictures
    • Live on Exit...Stage Left

I prefer the musical clarity on MP but really prefer Geddy's singing style more on ESL (less inflection than on the original). So went with ESL.
  • Like 1

I like how Ged seems to bend the notes a bit more and the Ric sound on the live version

Well since I think they do everything better live then studio, then I pick the Exit... Stage Left version. Tho that is not my favorite live version.

That's rare for an audiophile such as yourself.

I pick the studio version. The one on the MSFL CD sounds awesome to me.

• Like 1

ESL if for only the way Alex comes back in on the outro after the bass solo. So sublime.

Studio, always studio.

Why always studio?

Because that's the way they wanted the songs to be heard. Live versions have their place, but I love the perfection of the studio versions.

• Like 2

Studio, always studio.

Why always studio?

Because that's the way they wanted the songs to be heard.

Not necessarily. The Rush guys themselves have said that they weren't happy with how the Roll the Bones album sounds, that a number of its songs sound much better and more powerful live. Not to mention that they were so unhappy with how Vapor Trails sounded that they felt compelled to remix it. The way a studio album sounds isn't always how the band would like the songs to be heard.

• Like 1

Studio, always studio.

Why always studio?

Because that's the way they wanted the songs to be heard.

Not necessarily. The Rush guys themselves have said that they weren't happy with how the Roll the Bones album sounds, that a number of its songs sound much better and more powerful live. Not to mention that they were so unhappy with how Vapor Trails sounded that they felt compelled to remix it. The way a studio album sounds isn't always how the band would like the songs to be heard.

Well all right, Mr. Obvious. :P I think we all know about Vapor Trails. I was actually thinking more of the Broon era.

Edited by EagleMoon
  • Like 1

Studio, always studio.

Why always studio?

Because that's the way they wanted the songs to be heard. Live versions have their place, but I love the perfection of the studio versions.

^^^^ This. Plus better sound quality 99% of the time.

• Like 2

Yes the live version was always better "Live" than on a live album.

So I suppose I will have to go with the MP studio version. The album was what the band and Terry Brown had been working towards since 2112 and IMHO they peaked with that album. They have done much brilliant stuff since but without wanting to sound all goey I really believe that album was their equivalent of "Sgt Pepper" or "Pet Sounds" by the Beach Boys, "Hotel California" by The Eagles, "Aja" Steely Dan, "Four Signs" by Zeppelin, "Machine Head" by Purple, and "a Christmas cockney knees up" by Chas and Dave.

Perfection, musically and lyrically and technically IMO

• Like 1