Music records you bought today.

YYZumbi

"music records" sounds like something a grandfather would call them :codger:

Yeah I thought that haha!

Sean Jones- The Search Within

Jaleel Shaw- Optimism

Two modern-day jazz musicians who mainly play the hard bop style that was widespread from the early 1950s to the mid-'60s or so...fantastic stuff.

These are just two among quite a few different musicians I'm currently finding who are playing in the older, classic style during modern times. Really great discovery.

Oh, and these were both by way of digital download. If you have a problem with me buying music online...I don't know what to tell you.

Have a nice day. :)

• Like 4

I've heard both of these all my life a million times over through brothers, flatmates, and other friends but never owned them myself until just a few hours ago:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/rapgenius/tumblr_lt2yrrFtKS1qchkhjo1_500.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/23/BostonBoston.jpg

Oh, and I got them on mp3. j/k

;)

Bought CDs of these absolute classics on sale from Tower Records :yes:

I got Boston self titled for a buck on vinyl and plays very well with no skips.

• Like 3

Maybe this topic should be merged with the original? Or maybe the original's name should be changed too

I think this thread should be closed while whatever relevant posts in this thread should be merged w/the original. I also think the original thread should be retitled the "Music You Bought Recently" thread. I don't have a problem w/the original "Official New Music Thread" title, but since Zumbi allegedly started a similar thread 2-3 times (according to some here), the phrase "New Music" might be interpreted as a thread new music you're looking forward/listening to even though we do have a thread for that called "Coming Soon" which is also a pinned thread.
  • Like 1

Alcest- Kodama

:clap: :ebert: :clap: :ebert:

I started playing it on Spotify whilst I was out and...not even two songs in I went into a record store and bought it.

Sadly I've parted ways with the older albums I had (before Shelter which I can't remember for the life of me if I've played).

• Like 1

Alcest- Kodama

I started playing it on Spotify whilst I was out and...not even two songs in I went into a record store and bought it.

Sadly I've parted ways with the older albums I had (before Shelter which I can't remember for the life of me if I've played).

The first two tracks are some of their best songs ever IMO. Eclosion was the song that sealed the deal for me...such an amazing song and even more awe-striking to hear live.

Alcest- Kodama

The first two tracks are some of their best songs ever IMO. Eclosion was the song that sealed the deal for me...such an amazing song and even more awe-striking to hear live.

From start to finish it is wonderful! It really has a unique feel. It's so light...I'm sure to many ears this might be heavy but the entire time I was relaxed and I felt almost supernatural. It was just so...so...soooooothing...