The Online Persona of Yourself....

Tick

I was thinking the other day about my time online and the way I'm perceived my those who don't really know me.

Its been over 11 years since I found this board. I had no idea what I had even found when I created an account. For the first couple weeks I would log on and read...

"you have yet to post"

I thought to myself...

"Post? What the f**k is a post?"

Yes, that's how clueless I was. I had no idea what a messageboard was or how it worked.

Then one day I noticed the "reply" button. I thought "hmmm...reply?" I clicked on it and realized how this whole thing worked.

From that moment forward I began to create a persona to entertain myself, make others scratch there heads and think, "what the hell is the deal with this dude?"

Some were entertained by the nonsensical nature of my threads, and posts in general. Some couldn't stand me because of it, and I fed off that as well. I loved that I was amusing half the people here, and irritating the other half. Being a self proclaimed attention whore it was a win win for me.

I can say some of my dearest friends in real life didn't start out a big fan of my particular brand of humor.

Of coarse you must understand initially I thought this place was a fad I would wear out in a month.

What did happen was I started to meet and forge real relationships with many members of this board.

I'm actually taking a family vacation with some of them in August. Imagine that?

To be completely honest when I'm going through shit in life the way I cope best is my warped sense of humor. It gets me through some days I'm completely stressed out.

Why am I writing this?

Because its Saturday and I'm at work and not too busy at the moment. Sometimes being on a messageboard on the weekend feels like that guy stationed in Antarctica with no one around.

In any event, I hope you enjoyed this post about MYSELF, (Narcissistic tick) and have a great weekend!

• Like 8

I was thinking the other day about my time online and the way I'm perceived my those who don't really know me.

Its been over 11 years since I found this board. I had no idea what I had even found when I created an account. For the first couple weeks I would log on and read...

"you have yet to post"

I thought to myself...

Yes, that's how clueless I was. I had no idea what a messageboard was or how it worked.

Then one day I noticed the "reply" button. I thought "hmmm...reply?" I clicked on it and realized how this whole thing worked.

From that moment forward I began to create a persona to entertain myself, make others scratch there heads and think, "what the hell is the deal with this dude?"

Some were entertained by the nonsensical nature of my threads, and posts in general. Some couldn't stand me because of it, and I fed off that as well. I loved that I was amusing half the people here, and irritating the other half. Being a self proclaimed attention whore it was a win win for me.

I can say some of my dearest friends in real life didn't start out a big fan of my particular brand of humor.

Of coarse you must understand initially I thought this place was a fad I would wear out in a month.

What did happen was I started to meet and forge real relationships with many members of this board.

I'm actually taking a family vacation with some of them in August. Imagine that?

To be completely honest when I'm going through shit in life the way I cope best is my warped sense of humor. It gets me through some days I'm completely stressed out.

Why am I writing this?

Because its Saturday and I'm at work and not too busy at the moment. Sometimes being on a messageboard on the weekend feels like that guy stationed in Antarctica with no one around.

In any event, I hope you enjoyed this post about MYSELF, (Narcissistic tick) and have a great weekend!

well Tick i can honestly say i've been both amused and annoyed by you.

mostly when we have a differing opinion on music.

When you love something you will defend it to obnoxious levels.....the Astonishing? lol

but it's endearing too. cause i get it so much, lol

Cheers dude

Mick

• Like 4

Tick is awesome.

We can all be annoying.

Except me.

So die.

yea cause that beyonce rant was completely sane, lol

Come to think of it......as sane as my attack on her.......opps?

Mick

I enjoyed that.

Not gonna lie hahaha!

I forgot about how awesome Rihanna is though.

• Like 2

I guess this is connected...

I don't really understand why some TRFers hide when they were last active or surf the board in anonymous mode. I'm not criticizing those things, I just don't understand why they're done.

I guess doing those things IS related to someone's online persona and how they want to be seen...by not being seen.

• Like 6

My TRF persona can be summed up perfectly by the following Statements. Some of Y'all (especially in Chat) May have heard these from me...

and they are,

- My Keyboard has been drinking!

- You think you have it bad! you only have to deal with me for a a little bit. I have to deal with me 24/7! Just think about that!!!

In real life I pride myself on being a unique individual and what you see is what you get.

EG; I am even more annoying

:LMAO:

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory
  • Like 3

I don't really understand why some TRFers hide when they were last active or surf the board in anonymous mode. I'm not criticizing those things, I just don't understand why they're done.

I guess doing those things IS related to someone's online persona and how they want to be seen...by not being seen.

They hide because they know that you and Tick are stalking them!

• Like 3

Look in the mirror when you say such a thing. I'm not around often enough to stalk anyone.

• Like 1

Look in the mirror when you say such a thing. I'm not around often enough to stalk anyone.

Ooooh touched a nerve have I?? :P

• Like 1

Not really. :atickhum:

• Like 1

Not really. :atickhum:

:smoke:

• Like 1

Tick is awesome.

We can all be annoying.

Except me.

So die.

I will, someday. But not on YOUR terms...so LICK MY......nevermind!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/TRF-%20Johnny%20Blazes%20view%20of%20my%20animal%20self....jpg

"you have yet to post"

I thought to myself...

Why am I writing this?

Ahhhhh, SHUP an' EAT YOUR BOLOGNA, BITCH! Oscar Mayer thanks you.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/TRF-%20Johnny%20Blazes%20view%20of%20my%20animal%20self....jpg

I think they do it because they're trying to hide something. Either in real life from someone or online from someone else. If you have something to be embarrassed about it would make sense.

• Like 1

I think they do it because they're trying to hide something. Either in real life from someone or online from someone else. If you have something to be embarrassed about it would make sense.

Yeah that makes total sense.

But why would someone be in anonymous mode when they're looking at topics such as What Made Your Day Today, Last Movie You Watched, bla bla poll, etc.? This is the bit I don't understand

• Like 2

But why would someone be in anonymous mode when they're looking at topics such as What Made Your Day Today, Last Movie You Watched, bla bla poll, etc.? This is the bit I don't understand

I don't know. Unless maybe they didn't want anyone to know they were online?

• Like 1

Was this before Lucas was revealed to be the TRF stalker or after? :oops:

• Like 3

I don't know. Unless maybe they didn't want anyone to know they were online?

Their wife/husband has banned them from TRF so they're trying to prove that they're not here...by doing the one thing no one expects...being here. :smoke:

• Like 3