If u had to...

Permanent-Rush

If u could only listen to 1 Rush era for the rest of your life, what would it be and why??

For me, I would choose 80's Rush. I think imo, it is when they released there best work. All of the albums are good, and they sound so great!! :heart:

Oh, and any album that Rush released in those time periods count(Studio albums,Live albums,Complanian albums,Eps.Bootlegs, Solo albums etc) (remasters or re releases do not count)

Edited by GotNeilPeart?
  • Like 6

It would be from Fly By Night to Moving Pictures or maybe Signals.

TD, no love for The Debut ??

Well I have to make a cut somewhere otherwise I'd just be counting the first 8 or 9 albums which isn't really an era, it's the first 8 or 9 albums. So I'm going the next 8 albums after the debut!

I want to say the Synth Era, as a lot of my favorite songs come from that era, but I don't want to say goodbye to all the epics, or the 2002 - Present albums. It's a close one, but I'll go with Synth Era.
  • Like 1

If u could only listen to 1 Rush era for the rest of your life, what would it be and why??

For me, I would choose 80's Rush. I think imo, it is when they released there best work. All of the albums are good, and they sound so great!! :heart:

Oh, and any album that Rush released in those time periods count(Studio albums,Live albums,Complanian albums,Eps.Bootlegs, Solo albums etc) (remasters or re releases do not count)

70's and the first couple of years of the 80's

• Like 3

Rush to Moving Pictures

The 80's saw wonderful production and confidence from them. Alex' sound just got better and better and Geddy's vocal started to have so much more depth and tone in his voice in the lower registers. Also Neil became a more thoughtful and intelligent lyricist and his drumming style matured very very well.

Only thing is that I don't think many of the songs in this era were very good compared to their stuff Pre 82.

Just my opinion again

Steve XXX

1974-1978

Is that one era ?? .. Only 5 years, but damn, they covered a lot of ground

They didn't cover that much ground.