Show Don't Tell vs. Test For Echo - Hey, order in the court!

rocket ignites

Show Don't Tell vs. Test For Echo title track.  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Show Don't Tell vs. Test For Echo title track. Which? Why?

• Show Don't Tell (let's see exhibit A)
    • Test For Echo (Clutching at the straws of respectability)

Show Don't Tell is one of the many underrated songs on Presto, going for that one

That's how I feel about SDT. Underrated for sure. I'm less enthused about T4E (lyrics mainly), but it's decent.

Which song is your favorite? Be the judge, and the jury.

How about the executioner ??

My sentiments exactly...
  • Like 1

It is kinda close, both songs lyrically are kinda dumb. I think Show Don't Tell rocks out more, so I'm going with that one.

Test for Echo repeats "video, vertigo, in slow mo,".....too much, sounds like it was written by a fifth grader. The whole serious tone about seeing and analyzing kid gangsters on TV news is laughable.

• Like 1

It is kinda close, both songs lyrically are kinda dumb. I think Show Don't Tell rocks out more, so I'm going with that one.

Test for Echo repeats "video, vertigo, in slow mo,".....too much, sounds like it was written by a fifth grader. The whole serious tone about seeing and analyzing kid gangsters on TV news is laughable.

I can't say I like too many lyrics on T4E anyway. Musically, T4E (the song) isn't bad. But Show Don't Tell easily wins this for me.

• Like 1

T4E by quite some distance for me....I like both songs, but there is an underlying brooding menace to T4E that SDT doesn't have.

Also, Neil had been taking lessons from Freddie Gruber prior to this, and it's really noticeable in this track...there's a groove and swagger unlike a lot of his past work.

To those criticising T4E lyrics, the whole point of the song is that it's meant to be laughable...Neil is taking what should be a serious and lofty concern (justice) and caricaturing it to make it seem cartoonish and two-dimensional.

• Like 3

If this is a poll between the Rush songs about the Judicial System, shouldn't Lock and Key be part of this?

If Lock and Key had anything to do with the Judicial system, then I'm sure it would have been ;)

If this is a poll between the Rush songs about the Judicial System, shouldn't Lock and Key be part of this?

If Lock and Key had anything to do with the Judicial system, then I'm sure it would have been ;)

It's a clever thought song title wise, but content wise it didn't click for me.