Favorite Aussie Bands That Aren't AC/DC

goose

Split Enz are from New Zealand

Yeah, but close enough.

If we include New Zealand then it's tougher for me.

70's Split Enz were bizarre, but wonderful.

Not taking anything away from what they did after Neil Finn joined his older brother, but Tim Finn and Phil Judd were weird in a way I really love.

I'd still vote for the Oils, though.

Split Enz were great. "A Hard Act To Follow" got a ton of play in the Seattle area back in the day.
  • Like 1

INXS, Silverchair, Bee Gees, Men at Work, Wolfmother (I've been wanting to listen to more music by them, I've only heard 'Woman').

How could i forget wolfmother

I vote for them and renounce any other votes i made...

For now

• Like 1

I grew up with the Bee Gees, and always liked INXS and Midnight Oil.

Other than that, I don't know much Australian rock except a song my daughter brought home from jr. year abroad in Brisbane. "Eagle Rock", I think, I don't know the group. It's a catchy thing from the 70's and she really liked playing it here- apparently you can't play it many college places there because it's a tradition that guys moon you, especially in a bar? :P

(the original video is more fun but it's blocked due to US copyrights)

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 1

The Bee Gees are a definite favorite. I grew up listening to their songs all the time because of my mom being a really big fan. I remember being about six or seven after their album This Is Where I Came In came out. My mom played it in the car all the time. One day, she put it in and turned it up loud and then realized her young children were in the car. She turned around and asked me if it was too loud. I said "No, I like this song." It was the title track to the album. She was proud of me, I think.

Yeah, anyway, I love the Bee Gees.

And also another favorite Aussie band of mine is Meshiaak. I know they only have one album out so far, but I have listened to it so many times and it's amazing.

Unfortunately, I don't know of or listen to a whole lot more Aussie bands (at least that I know of). I know a song or two from bands like Midnight Oil and Men At Work, though.

• Like 3

Men at Work

They have a great drummer, and Colin Hay's vocals are fantastic.

And he's a massively underrated writer. His solo albums are very good.

• Like 2