Keanu Reeves

workingcinderellaman

Is Keanu really that crap?

I think that I could name a couple of "A" listers worse than he is

Earlier in this thread I said I think that Brad Pitt is worse.

Sometimes you're posts are too hilarious! :laughing guy:

Burn After Opening, Twelve Monkeys, Inglorious Basterds, A River Runs Through It...

Yeah, I saw all those except A River Runs Through It.

Burn After Opening was an ok movie but he was unnecessary and not special.

Basterds had other problems that weren't his fault but again he wasn't special.

I thought he was crap in 12 Monkeys.

More Pitt crap acting:

Se7en..."Oh god no what's in the box?! What's in the box?!!" I wish it were HIS head in there!!! He was crap!!!

Snatch...as convincing as a pikey as I would be portraying Wilt Chamberlin on an NBA/sex spree bonanza

Troy...maybe my newly improved pecs and ass will cover my terrible acting. Nope, didn't work Brad.

Across the Tracks...his absolute worst. He made Ricky Schroeder look good in that.

No way am I the only one that thinks Brad Pitt is a shit actor. No way.

Make a poll and find out how many TRFers are horrible judges of acting.

Well maybe I will!

Nice attempt at trying to rile me with more "fixed" rubbish

Made you post.

I win.

:poke:

:joker:

:cheers:

Edited by goose

I can't forgive him for ruining Constantine...they should have kept the original actor in it.

Do you mean Nick Cage? I know his name was attached to Constantine but I don't know if he was the "original" actor.

I didn't watch Constantine because of Keanu! And I'm glad I didn't because I heard it really sucked.

If I could've picked an actor for Constantine, I would've picked Guy Pearce. But Guy is my usual go-to-GUY for these kind of weird roles/movies anyway.

Sorry no, I meant the TV series it was based on which in turn was based on the DC Comics character....Matt Ryan I believe

https://en.wikipedia...att_Ryan_(actor)

Ah ok. Don't know about the show but Matt Ryan does provide Constantine's voice in a straight to DVD animated Justice League film released just a few weeks ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5mQ5nqyw3M

Much better than Keanu I think you'll agree.....

Is Keanu really that crap?

I think that I could name a couple of "A" listers worse than he is

Earlier in this thread I said I think that Brad Pitt is worse.

Orlando Bloom is worse too.

And so is Jake Gyllenhaal.

Shia Lebouf is worse than all four!

But NONE of that makes Keanu NOT crap.

I don't think Brad Pitt is a bad actor and I think Jake Gyllenhaal is a pretty good actor. I do agree that Orlando Bloom is pretty bad and

it's hard to find someone worse than Shia Lebouf. ( Probably a tie with Keanu.)

But has anyone in this thread, including myself, said Keanu is a great actor? Keanu has his talents as do most actors and acknowledging them was why I started this thread. It's pretty easy to show how bad of an actor he is and so I think it's sort of pointless to talk about that.

Casting is extremely important in utilizing an actor's talents. A good screenplay is also critical to get the most out of actors, even the good ones. A horrible screenplay with horrible lines can make even the best actors look bad.

• Like 2

I can't forgive him for ruining Constantine...they should have kept the original actor in it.

Do you mean Nick Cage? I know his name was attached to Constantine but I don't know if he was the "original" actor.

I didn't watch Constantine because of Keanu! And I'm glad I didn't because I heard it really sucked.

If I could've picked an actor for Constantine, I would've picked Guy Pearce. But Guy is my usual go-to-GUY for these kind of weird roles/movies anyway.

Sorry no, I meant the TV series it was based on which in turn was based on the DC Comics character....Matt Ryan I believe

https://en.wikipedia...att_Ryan_(actor)

Ah ok. Don't know about the show but Matt Ryan does provide Constantine's voice in a straight to DVD animated Justice League film released just a few weeks ago.

https://www.youtube....h?v=o5mQ5nqyw3M

Much better than Keanu I think you'll agree.....

That looks good.

• Like 1

I liked him in Dracula

Thing is that it is a Hollywood thing, leading men and (women) generally tend to be chosen for their looks over their acting ability.

Great actors tend to get supporting roles and that is not such a bad thing.

However there are exceptions to that. Some leading men are good actors - Nick Cage, De Niro, Al Pacino, Paul Newman, Steve McQueen, Yul Brynner, Johnny Depp, Sean Connery, Tim Robbins (sort of), Matt Damon isn't too bad and Clint is a good actor (honestly!!!!!)- well maybe not but he is a great intelligent guy and a very good director.

More that time goes on then there seem to be less great actors in leading roles though I will admit.

However there are exceptions to that. Some leading men are good actors - Nick Cage,

http://cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/folder367/500x/60920367.jpg

IMHO, Cage has been good in the past. It's been a long time since then though. I can't think of any 21st century Cage movie in which I liked him or the movie.

Mike Madsen was a good looking guy in his younger days, played a cornered robber in Cagney and Lacey in the 80's

Think he was just too off the wall and talented to want to go down the big star route.

Still love MR WHITE in DOGS.

Hello? Hello?!!!! Gerry Rafferty never sounded so good.

Ha ha

• Like 1

Mike Madsen was a good looking guy in his younger days, played a cornered robber in Cagney and Lacey in the 80's

Think he was just too off the wall and talented to want to go down the big star route.

Ha ha

You mean Madsen as Mr. Blonde yeah? In any case, Keitel as Mr. White was kick ass too!

http://images2.fanpop.com/image/photos/13200000/Postcard-Reservoir-Dogs-Mr-Blonde-reservoir-dogs-13226927-900-1230.jpg

• Like 1

Ha ha

You mean Madsen as Mr. Blonde yeah? In any case, Keitel as Mr. White was kick ass too!

http://images2.fanpop.com/image/photos/13200000/Postcard-Reservoir-Dogs-Mr-Blonde-reservoir-dogs-13226927-900-1230.jpg

Sorry yeah Harv was Mr white yeah, sorry got mixed up.

The film is 20 year old man!!! and my brain is f***ing dead now ha ha

I just remember Madsen cut the cop's ear off and started dancing around to Steelers Wheel and Tim Roth spent the whole film bleeding from a stomach wound.

Who was the 3rd guy in the 3 way standoff again? Remember Keitel and Nice Guy Eddie but cant remember the 3rd one??????

• Like 1

Ha ha

Sorry yeah Harv was Mr white yeah, sorry got mixed up.

The film is 20 year old man!!! and my brain is f***ing dead now ha ha

I just remember Madsen cut the cop's ear off and started dancing around to Steelers Wheel and Tim Roth spent the whole film bleeding from a stomach wound.

Who was the 3rd guy in the 3 way standoff again? Remember Keitel and Nice Guy Eddie but cant remember the 3rd one??????

For sure I remember after a billion viewings :LOL:

Mr. White vs Eddie & Eddie's dad (Joe Cabot)

Just Googled it

I think Mr Pink shoots nice guy After Joe shoots Mr White and Eddie shoots Harvey Keitel?????????????????????????????????????

It's a long time ago but no. It went like this:

Joe shoots Mr. Orange which leads to White shooting Joe. So Eddie shoots White but White being such a bad ass is able to shoot Eddie too.

Pink runs away with the loot but can be heard off camera being gunned down by the cops.

• Like 1

Just Googled it

I think Mr Pink shoots nice guy After Joe shoots Mr White and Eddie shoots Harvey Keitel?????????????????????????????????????

Joe shoots Mr. Orange which leads to White shooting Joe. So Eddie shoots White but White being such a bad ass is able to shoot Eddie too.

Pink runs away with the loot but can be heard off camera being gunned down by the cops.

Anyway I don't think that there has ever been a movie before or since with so many brilliant and talented actors without a bone afide "Hollywood Star"

Shawshank comes close.

Steve

• Like 1

Ahhh I see

I thought Joe had shot Harvey who managed to fire back and kill Joe then turned to Eddie who was shot by Steve Buscemi.

Bit complicated for my brain ha ha

Thanks for clarifying Johnny !!!!

Smithy :D

No problem. It only took me a million viewings (half of which were in slow motion) to see how it happened. :LOL:

Fully turn up the volume after all that Mexican standoff but BEFORE the cops barge in and you'll hear Pink Buscemi getting caught and shot. That only took a couple dozen times fo watching to catch :LOL:

• Like 1

Just Googled it

Anyway I don't think that there has ever been a movie before or since with so many brilliant and talented actors without a bone afide "Hollywood Star"

Shawshank comes close.

Steve

Shawshank is awesome. But comparing Shawshank and Dogs is like comparing Moving Pictures and 2112, either one might be better on any given day IMHO. :LOL:

Ever read about the original casting intention for Andy Dufresne and Red? Harrison Ford as Red, Tom Cruise as Andy. I think Ford could've passed as Red (though Freeman was perfect). But Cruise as Dufresne is hard to imagine.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 1

Just Googled it

Johnny

Here are a couple of great iconic British films for you to check out if you haven't seen them

"Get Carter" (1969) - Michael Caine was Jack Carter a London hitman who came up North to Newcastle (my city) to avenge the murder of his brother. The multi level car park in Gateshead south of the river where he threw the corrupt politician off only got demolished 2 years ago.

The remake with Stallone was crap.

"The Wicker Man" (1970's) - Edward Woodward plays a policeman who goes to a remote Scottish Island to investigate the disappearance of a young girl amid rumours of devil sun worshippers and human sacrifice, also starred Christopher Lee as "Lord Summerisle"

Nick Cage starred in the US remake but it wasn't very good and not his greatest performance.

These are two great films, maybe you have seen them?

KR's

Steve

Just Googled it

Shawshank comes close.

Steve

Shawshank is awesome. But comparing Shawshank and Dogs is like comparing Moving Pictures and 2112, either one might be better on any given day IMHO. :LOL:

Ever read about the original casting intention for Andy Dufresne and Red? Harrison Ford as Red, Tom Cruise as Andy. I think Ford could've passed as Red (though Freeman was perfect). But Cruise as Dufresne is hard to imagine.

I think Tim is a wonderful actor, very underated

Just Googled it

Shawshank comes close.

Steve

I think Tim is a wonderful actor, very underated

He was great in that and also Mystic River.

It's funny because I knew of him first through some side/supporting roles in some cheesy 80s films mostly about college spring breaks and such. He was pretty damn funny in Bull Durham too though.

• Like 1

Just Googled it

Shawshank comes close.

Steve

Thanks Johnny, you are a cool bloke and seems we are on a good wavelength.

I am sorry for being such a nobhead a couple of weeks ago

I am in a much better and happier place these days.

Yes I agree, don't compare Dogs and Shawshank, they are both totally brilliant yet different.

Happy days dude :D

• Like 1

Just Googled it

Johnny

Here are a couple of great iconic British films for you to check out if you haven't seen them

"Get Carter" (1969) - Michael Caine was Jack Carter a London hitman who came up North to Newcastle (my city) to avenge the murder of his brother. The multi level car park in Gateshead south of the river where he threw the corrupt politician off only got demolished 2 years ago.

The remake with Stallone was crap.

"The Wicker Man" (1970's) - Edward Woodward plays a policeman who goes to a remote Scottish Island to investigate the disappearance of a young girl amid rumours of devil sun worshippers and human sacrifice, also starred Christopher Lee as "Lord Summerisle"

Nick Cage starred in the US remake but it wasn't very good and not his greatest performance.

These are two great films, maybe you have seen them?

KR's

Steve

Yeah I know of those but never saw them.

Michael Caine is always good no matter what.

• Like 1

Just Googled it

Shawshank comes close.

Steve

Thanks Johnny, you are a cool bloke and seems we are on a good wavelength.

I am sorry for being such a nobhead a couple of weeks ago

I am in a much better and happier place these days.

Yes I agree, don't compare Dogs and Shawshank, they are both totally brilliant yet different.

Happy days dude :D

Good for you.

And don't worry about that stuff from a few weeks ago. I've had a million times worse debates/arguments/whatever with real world people & friends. And many times, a mere hour or so later it's all ancient history.

Just don't ask me what instrument I play. :LOL: The real answer will be a let down and isn't as fun/funny as the question repeated :P

• Like 1