Keanu Reeves

workingcinderellaman

Watch his performance in the 1992 Dracula. You'll throw all of your other movies in the trash and build a Keanu shrine.

Don't remember much from that movie other than Winona's bust busting out in a scene or two.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqotT8iERxk

The master!

Jesus Christ. He might as well have been starring in Gymkata.

• Like 2

Keanu is definitely not a good actor, but he can be a good actor in the right role in the right film. He was absolutely perfect for The Matrix and did a good job in it. Will Smith, who I think is a pretty good actor at times, was set to do the Matrix first and he passed it up. I can't imagine how much suck Smith would have brought to that movie
  • Like 1

He's the poster boy for how being good looking can get you much further than having any actual talent.

So it turns out Keanu and I have something in common...?

Well, that's half true.

• Like 1

He's the poster boy for how being good looking can get you much further than having any actual talent.

So it turns out Keanu and I have something in common...?

Well, that's half true.

:LOL:

Just looking up some Keanu info now...

- has 4 Golden Raspberry Award nominations for Worst Actor

- has 1 Golden Raspberry Award nomination for Worst Supporting Actor

He was robbed.
  • Like 1

There are a lot of horrible actors out there that can be very entertaining in the right role.

One comes to mind.

flat,800x800,070,f.u1.jpg

I don't think John Wayne was a great actor at the first of his career. I do think he improved as he aged though.

Keanu Reeves worst role IMO was in Speed. He was robotic and placing next to Dennis Hopper didn't help him. But being a bad actor doesn't mean you are without talent or value in a movie. A lot of less than ideal actors can find a niche that suits them. Jackie Chan isn't the best actor, but I think the case can easily be made that he's very fun to watch in the right role.

• Like 1

There are a lot of horrible actors out there that can be very entertaining in the right role.

One comes to mind.

I don't think John Wayne was a great actor at the first of his career. I do think he improved as he aged though.

Keanu Reeves worst role IMO was in Speed. He was robotic and placing next to Dennis Hopper didn't help him. But being a bad actor doesn't mean you are without talent or value in a movie. A lot of less than ideal actors can find a niche that suits them. Jackie Chan isn't the best actor, but I think the case can easily be made that he's very fun to watch in the right role.

Oh yeah. Ahhhnold is a prime example. Jackie Chan is as cute as a button and very athletically gifted, so he has that going for him.

Edited by EagleMoon
  • Like 1

One comes to mind.

Oh yeah. Ahhhnold is a prime example. Jackie Chan is as cute as a button and very athletically gifted, so he has that going for him.

Yep. And the reason I started this thread is because of that video. The guy can handle a gun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yk7K8-HnfI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCIgpUTvfsA

Edited by workingcinderellaman
  • Like 1

I generally can't stand his acting, but he's less than horrible in this...

http://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/65/f2/dc/65f2dc3f2b8b8856e37fd04777ec28f4.jpg

I specifically never saw that because I don't trust him with Pacino. Thought that he might drag Al (an actor I like) and the movie down so I skipped it.

I just came across this movie last night flipping through channels. Didn't watch it, but it looked interesting.

Just looking up some Keanu info now...

- has 4 Golden Raspberry Award nominations for Worst Actor

- has 1 Golden Raspberry Award nomination for Worst Supporting Actor

He was robbed.

:yes:

He should've won those and more!

He's got a lot of competition

Point Break. ' nuff said

Oh god yeah. Absolute crap. Just watching him order two chili dogs for Gary Busey is laughable.

I meant nuff said in a good way! Ha! This and Roadhouse are huge guilty pleasures!

Point Break. ' nuff said

Oh god yeah. Absolute crap. Just watching him order two chili dogs for Gary Busey is laughable.

I meant nuff said in a good way! Ha! This and Roadhouse are huge guilty pleasures!

The fact that you KNOW it's a guilty pleasure says a lot. :LOL:

Roadhouse is dumb as hell but with cool Sam Elliot and gratuitous nudity. Can't not like that.

Speed is dumb as hell with Keanu. Can't like that.

• Like 1

Speed is a stupid film

I prefer "Father Ted" where Father Dougal has to drive the milk float at no more than 4mph.

If you don't seen that in US it is a hilarious comedy about 3 Irish priests in a Catholic house in a remote island off the coast of Ireland. It was on UK TV in the 90's

Doesn't sound very funny but it is fantastic. Father Jack is the old Priest who just sits in a chair drinking and the only words you get out of him is "Feck!!!" "Arse!!!" "Drink!!!"

Father Dougal Macguire is the young one who is the biggest imbecile on the planet.

Father Ted is the middle priest who rues his luck being sent to this godforsaken Craggy Island

The other character is Mrs Doyle their housekeeper who insists always on making them cups of tea.

I know it sounds odd but it is just f***ing BRILLIANT and hilarious.

Check out "Father Ted" on You Tube. I promise you that you will laugh

Steve

Speed is a stupid film

I prefer "Father Ted" where Father Dougal has to drive the milk float at no more than 4mph.

If you don't seen that in US it is a hilarious comedy about 3 Irish priests in a Catholic house in a remote island off the coast of Ireland. It was on UK TV in the 90's

Doesn't sound very funny but it is fantastic. Father Jack is the old Priest who just sits in a chair drinking and the only words you get out of him is "Feck!!!" "Arse!!!" "Drink!!!"

Father Dougal Macguire is the young one who is the biggest imbecile on the planet.

Father Ted is the middle priest who rues his luck being sent to this godforsaken Craggy Island

The other character is Mrs Doyle their housekeeper who insists always on making them cups of tea.

Steve

I have seen a few episodes of it. My nephew was a big British comedy fan. It looks like a funny show.

• Like 1

Speed is a stupid film

Steve

I have seen a few episodes of it. My nephew was a big British comedy fan. It looks like a funny show.

It's already got one great thing going for it---no Keanu in it!