Keanu Reeves

workingcinderellaman

I know that a lot of people in here don't like him as an actor, and to be honest, I don't think he's very good myself. But if he's cast correctly, he can be very entertaining to watch.

I just saw the new John Wick movie. While it has virtually no plot and it mostly plays like a non-stop, first-person shooter video game, he's quite talented as a physical action star.

And he can handle a real gun.

• Like 1

I have had the urge to rewatch the first Matrix for years now. Like...every day I think "soon". Dunno why the concept intrigues me and sometimes the visuals stick in my head.

But then I look at the cover and the back of the DVD box and all that moody pouting and the back flips and I'm like "not today". Then I still think "I want to see it again".

I last watched it years ago...when I was in school lol

I have had the urge to rewatch the first Matrix for years now. Like...every day I think "soon". Dunno why the concept intrigues me and sometimes the visuals stick in my head.

But then I look at the cover and the back of the DVD box and all that moody pouting and the back flips and I'm like "not today". Then I still think "I want to see it again".

I last watched it years ago...when I was in school lol

I've given three chances to The Matrix but I fell asleep all three times.

I tried Matrix 2 once in IMAX and fell asleep even in there too.

• Like 1

I generally can't stand his acting, but he's less than horrible in this...

http://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/65/f2/dc/65f2dc3f2b8b8856e37fd04777ec28f4.jpg

I specifically never saw that because I don't trust him with Pacino. Thought that he might drag Al (an actor I like) and the movie down so I skipped it.

• Like 1

I generally can't stand his acting, but he's less than horrible in this...

http://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/65/f2/dc/65f2dc3f2b8b8856e37fd04777ec28f4.jpg

I specifically never saw that because I don't trust him with Pacino. Thought that he might drag Al (an actor I like) and the movie down so I skipped it.

Pacino is great a the Devil. Worth watching, I think.
  • Like 1

I've heard so much good about him as a person, and certainly that's more important, but the man is not a good actor. He's not an adequate actor. He's bad.

My second oldest thinks he is a good actor, for some reason, probably because she also liked the Wick movies, and she liked the Matrix.

I also liked the Matrix.

But he's still not a good actor.

I've heard so much good about him as a person, and certainly that's more important, but the man is not a good actor. He's not an adequate actor. He's bad.

My second oldest thinks he is a good actor, for some reason, probably because she also liked the Wick movies, and she liked the Matrix.

I also liked the Matrix.

But he's still not a good actor.

"Wooden" is how he strikes me

I think what he has going for him is a quirky uniqueness to his looks and personality. I agree he isn't the best actor in the world but he is usually interesting to watch.
  • Like 1

Devil´s Advocate, Johnny Mnemonic, Constantine, Matrix and My Own Private Idaho are all good, although the original Constantine character was blonde, British and inspired by Sting. One particular awful movie of his is The Day The Earth Stood Still.
  • Like 2

Devil´s Advocate, Johnny Mnemonic, Constantine, Matrix and My Own Private Idaho are all good, although the original Constantine character was blonde, British and inspired by Sting. One particular awful movie of his is The Day The Earth Stood Still.

Yep, the day the earth stood still is an absolute classic completely ruined by everyone involved. Although not reeves they also butchered war of the worlds remake

• Like 1

Yep, the day the earth stood still is an absolute classic completely ruined by everyone involved. Although not reeves they also butchered war of the worlds remake

War Of the World's wasn't a remake. It was just a new take on an old story. And honestly, the only decent adaptation of this book was Jeff Wayne's musical.

War Of the World's wasn't a remake. It was just a new take on an old story. And honestly, the only decent adaptation of this book was Jeff Wayne's musical.

You know what I mean. They have to change things after decades go by.

You mean "Cruise of the Worlds"? If so, that movie was getting a lot of TRF lovin' not too long ago. Not from me but it was.