Mayweather v McGregor Is On!

Tony R

It looks like the contracts will be signed over the next couple of weeks.

It seems like a mismatch but if McGregor wins then MMA and the UFC in particular will go stratospheric.

The Notorious can't do it can he?

A boxing match between these two isn't going to be competitive, same as if they had an MMA match. Top boxers who have boxed since they were children have failed to beat Mayweather over two decades. So how can a man who doesn't even box professionally hope to even compete against him?
  • Like 2

A boxing match between these two isn't going to be competitive, same as if they had an MMA match. Top boxers who have boxed since they were children have failed to beat Mayweather over two decades. So how can a man who doesn't even box professionally hope to even compete against him?

I know. However, potentially there is a lot at stake for both codes.

It won't even be entertaining. Most of Floyd's matches were non competitions and completely boring. What you would expect from a guy who is too fast to be hit but has zero punching power and a decent chin as backup just in case.

Now if this was an MMA match, I would be interested.

• Like 1

It won't even be entertaining. Most of Floyd's matches were non competitions and completely boring. What you would expect from a guy who is too fast to be hit but has zero punching power and a decent chin as backup just in case.

If it was an MMA match Mayweather would get submitted in about 15 seconds.

Yeah and I would pay to see that.

In a boxing match the only interesting question for me would be, can Floyd knock him out? Floyd never really knocked anyone out. Not anyone of any consequence anyway. So would he knock McGregor out? Or will he just pepper him repeatedly for 12 rounds. But that all sounds boring to me. McGregor has zero chance of winning. In fact less than zero.

Edited by thesweetscience

Yeah and I would pay to see that.

In a boxing match the only interesting question for me would be, can Floyd knock him out? Floyd never really knocked anyone out. Not anyone of any consequence anyway. So would he knock McGregor out? Or will he just pepper him repeatedly for 12 rounds. But that all sounds boring to me. McGregor has zero chance of winning. In fact less than zero.

He knocked out Ricky Hatton and Diego Corrales when they were unbeaten world champions.

• Like 1

But anyway Mayweather would never agree to an MMA match against any MMA pro and the only reason McGregor is agreeing to a boxing match is because he's going to get paid way more than he's ever been paid before. Floyd wants it because he'll make more money against McGregor than anyone around his weight class in boxing right now. To quote Mayweather if it makes dollars it makes sense.

So would I and be looking for a repeat of Couture v Toney.