When was the last time you were in the gym???

treeduck

When were you last in the gym??  

28 members have voted

1. 1. When was the last time you were in the gym?

• Today of course! I'm a gym rat I'm a BEAST!
    • Yesterday.
    • Two days ago
    • Three days ago
    • 4 or 5 days ago
    • About a week ago
    • 10 days ago
    • 2 weeks ago
    • About a month ago, or three weeks
    • six weeks ago
    • 2 months ago
    • About 3 months ago
    • 4 or 5 months ago
    • 6 months ago
    • more than 6 months ago but not as long as a year ago
    • A year ago
    • 18 months ago
    • 2 years ago
    • About 3 years ago
    • About 5 years ago
    • About 7 or 8 years ago
    • 10 years ago
    • 15 years ago
    • 20 years ago
    • 25 years ago
    • 30 years ago
    • 35 years ago
    • 1978 like treeduck (39 years ago)
    • 40 years ago
    • 45-50 years ago

I was last in a gym in 1978 and that gym had ropes, wooden benches, green rubber mats, a vaulting box, a pommel horse and a few medicine balls.

http://www.continentalsports.co.uk/441-1838-large/timber-vaulting-box.jpg

It was kind of like this:

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 3

Yesterday. Leaving for another one in a few minutes here.

My kids play basketball. :huh:

When was the last time I was, for my own purposes?

Hmmm...around 1989, I think.

• Like 1

Last time I went to the gym was 18 years ago. I did some exercises and also swimmed.

I still remember few exercises and how to swim, but I surely need training.

It's never late to return, which I intend to do in October or November this year.

I was last in a gym in 1978 and that gym had ropes, wooden benches, green rubber mats, a vaulting box, a pommel horse and a few medicine balls.

maxresdefault.jpg

The bottom picture reminds me of PE, it looks identical to two or three halls in my Secondary School. Not the best of memories!

maxresdefault.jpg

The bottom picture reminds me of PE, it looks identical to two or three halls in my Secondary School. Not the best of memories!

Yeah it was shit!

Yesterday.

Depending on my schedule, I go 2-4 times a week with 1 or 2 of those times with Mrs. B.

You're a gym maniac!

Basically, I only started going because I had no access to racquetball courts and nobody to play tennis with. That was years ago now. Then, it evolved into me wanting to be able to bench (x) amount...for nothing more than to see if I could do it. When I did reach that weight I set it higher and higher than just stopped setting one because what's the point really.

I go now mainly to not be fat and to stay strong. There's a big difference in how I feel when I come back from a 7-10 trip of no exercise.

Yesterday.

Depending on my schedule, I go 2-4 times a week with 1 or 2 of those times with Mrs. B.

You're a gym maniac!

Basically, I only started going because I had no access to racquetball courts and nobody to play tennis with. That was years ago now. Then, it evolved into me wanting to be able to bench (x) amount...for nothing more than to see if I could do it. When I did reach that weight I set it higher and higher than just stopped setting one because what's the point really.

I go now mainly to not be fat and to stay strong. There's a big difference in how I feel when I come back from a 7-10 trip of no exercise.

Has it made you faster than a cat at the 200 metre dash???

• Like 1

Yesterday.

You're a gym maniac!

Has it made you faster than a cat at the 200 metre dash???

No. But it's made me stronger than 10 bison!

• Like 1

Gym nuts!

It is scary ironic that you say this

When I first saw the thread title, what came to mind was 4th grade gym class, and all the students were to climb the ropes that hung from the ceiling ..

Of the few kids that made it to the top and smacked the round disc at the highest point, my friend Art was one ... Unfortunately, on his way down, he went too fast ..

So as the insides of his gym shorts hiked up due to the rope, he testicles dropped out and were seen by every kid watching ..

There were screams of laughter, but the kid who was kneeling down and holding the rope taught at the bottom freaked out when he looked up and let go ...

I don't know what was worse for Art - the rope burn or the humiliation ...

He's got one of the best senses of humor of anyone I know, but to this day, I approach that subject with care

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 1

Gym nuts!

When I first saw the thread title, what came to mind was 4th grade gym class, and all the students were to climb the ropes that hung from the ceiling ..

Of the few kids that made it to the top and smacked the round disc at the highest point, my friend Art was one ... Unfortunately, on his way down, he went too fast ..

So as the insides of his gym shorts hiked up due to the rope, he testicles dropped out and were see by every kid watching ..

There were screams of laughter, but the kid who was kneeling down and holding the rope taught at the bottom freaked out when he looked up and let go ...

He's got one of the best senses of humor of anyone I know, but to this day, I approach that subject with care

Yeah we had those same ropes, I didn't have any problems going up and if I went down too fast I usually got rope burn on my hands or let go and hit the ground with a thump.

Gym nuts!

So as the insides of his gym shorts hiked up due to the rope, he testicles dropped out and were seen by every kid watching ..

Great story! :LOL:

It reminds me of this guy at my gym now that I secretly call "Cleavage". He wears these compression shorts/spandex but nothing over them. I can't get him out of view because he's doing pull ups in front of me and using a lot of the same equipment that I do. It's like he's got a baby opossum being choked by saran wrap in there. WTF?!! Wear some shorts or pants over your junk!!! :LOL:

• Like 2

Gym nuts!

It's like he's got a baby opossum being choked by saran wrap in there. WTF?!!

Since I joined here almost two years ago, you can count the amount of times I have been at a loss for words on one hand - half a hand even ...

This is one of those times

:LOL:

• Like 2

Gym nuts!

It's like he's got a baby opossum being choked by saran wrap in there. WTF?!!

Since I joined here almost two years ago, you can count the amount of times I have been at a loss for words on one hand - half a hand even ...

This is one of those times

:LOL:

Ball cleavage can do that. I understand

• Like 1

School P.E. was only good for getting into fights... :boo hiss:

Its been about 7-8 years for me. Thinking about signing up again. I like physical activity.

I wanted to go with alternative facts since I technically go "to the gym" pretty often to watch the local college basketball this time of year! However, I haven't been in one to work out in about 9 years, since I got really ill with mono (or something) and have had health problems since then. :givebeer:

School P.E. was only good for getting into fights... :boo hiss:

Its been about 7-8 years for me. Thinking about signing up again. I like physical activity.

You're already Doc Strange with all sorts of magic powers! Start back up at the gym again and not even the Hulk would be a match for you!

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11112/111122896/4560563-3462212-strangehulk20.jpg

• Like 2