NASCAR Pick'em 2017

KenJennings

Heads up to everyone- this is probably a good week to capitalize... the way it's worked out, RacerX has Matt DiBenedetto.

I'm not sure what that means. How does one capitalize?

Just saying that, since we're all running against RacerX for the postseason, and it's likely headed for a poor finish, you might want to use a strong driver up to gain ground.

blueschica -- Erik Jones

Mr. blues -- Kasey Kahne

Frickin $***#%$@!!

I sat down 40 laps in. I didn't even get to see my driver out on the fu#kin' track!!!!
  • Like 1

Everyone make sure to check your PMs before we have forum downtime. I sent you my email address to send your picks to if the forum goes down.

(Didn't want to post it publicly in the thread because of web crawlers that search for addresses to spam.)

I'll get my pick in early in the name of transparency. If the forum is still/back up after qualifying, I will very likely change.

Taking the 27- Paul Menard

Edited by KenJennings

Yeah, who knows what's up if the board is down.

Going with a hunch, Danica Patrick at the Brickyard.

Definitely want to see the CWTS digging in the dirt at Eldora!

Edited by pjbear05
  • Like 1

Here's a question for the car racing fans. NASCAR is the only major or semi-major "sport" who allows their top drivers to also drive in the minor league (XFINITY) races and I don't understand why nor agree with that. What do others here think about it?

Here's a question for the car racing fans. NASCAR is the only major or semi-major "sport" who allows their top drivers to also drive in the minor league (XFINITY) races and I don't understand why nor agree with that. What do others here think about it?

Never really bothered me. It's been like that for as long as I can remember. It gives the kids coming up a chance to race with and against some of the elite drivers in NASCAR. Edited by thesweetscience
  • Like 1

I think NASCAR should limit everyone to 45 national series races a year. That means if you run the full cup schedule, you're limited to nine races between Xfinity and Trucks.

I don't like the idea of an outright ban, as it's good for the competition in the lower series to bring star power as a benchmark and to fill seats.

• Like 2

I think NASCAR should limit everyone to 45 national series races a year. That means if you run the full cup schedule, you're limited to nine races between Xfinity and Trucks.

I don't like the idea of an outright ban, as it's good for the competition in the lower series to bring star power as a benchmark and to fill seats.

Most of the cup guys don't run those races every week and they don't get points.

If you had cup guys running every single Xfinity series race I could see putting a limit but as it is, I don't really see a problem with it.

If you had cup guys running every single Xfinity series race I could see putting a limit but as it is, I don't really see a problem with it.

In 18 races so far this year, only 3 xfinity regulars have won. That's problematic for the series.

• Like 2