Jump to content


NASCAR Pick'em 2017


  • Please log in to reply
680 replies to this topic

#41 Pressure/Hopenosis

Pressure/Hopenosis

    The Seeker

  • Members *
  • 231 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Southeastern Michigan
  • Interests:Family, music, sports, outdoors, photography and lots of other cool stuff I forgot to mention...

Posted 05 March 2017 - 09:02 PM

View Postblueschica, on 05 March 2017 - 08:34 PM, said:

View PostKenJennings, on 05 March 2017 - 03:33 PM, said:

Damn it. I missed my pick. Would've gone Harvick anyways. But I'll eat my five points.

Apparently we did too!  I typed out our picks of  Kyle Larson for Mr. blues and Kyle Busch for me , right after I told PJ that he could pick the same driver as someone else.  I am still recovering from the flu, though, and I guess I just hit return instead of post or something.  If you need to just give us racer X Harvick minus 5 that's ok.  Or our racers minus 5 that's OK also.  I'm not sure what happened.  My husband teaches and has off next week for spring recess.  I have never wanted to go sit in the sun so much in my life.  Only it will be at the Chocolate World exhibit in Hershey . . . .
Hope you are feeling better.  That flu bug went through my family too...

Sponsored Post

#42 blueschica

blueschica

    What the Puck?

  • Members
  • 5826 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Central Pa
  • Interests:Camping, gardening, muscle cars, NASCAR, Rush!

Posted 05 March 2017 - 09:32 PM

View PostPressure/Hopenosis, on 05 March 2017 - 09:02 PM, said:

View Postblueschica, on 05 March 2017 - 08:34 PM, said:

View PostKenJennings, on 05 March 2017 - 03:33 PM, said:

Damn it. I missed my pick. Would've gone Harvick anyways. But I'll eat my five points.

Apparently we did too!  I typed out our picks of  Kyle Larson for Mr. blues and Kyle Busch for me , right after I told PJ that he could pick the same driver as someone else.  I am still recovering from the flu, though, and I guess I just hit return instead of post or something.  If you need to just give us racer X Harvick minus 5 that's ok.  Or our racers minus 5 that's OK also.  I'm not sure what happened.  My husband teaches and has off next week for spring recess.  I have never wanted to go sit in the sun so much in my life.  Only it will be at the Chocolate World exhibit in Hershey . . . .
Hope you are feeling better.  That flu bug went through my family too...
Thank you! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'm the only one with it here!

#43 Fordgalaxy

Fordgalaxy

    The Professor

  • Members *
  • 3729 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 08 March 2017 - 01:06 AM

When do we get the latest points standings? I'm on pins and needles, or something.

#44 KenJennings

KenJennings

    Mr. Establishment

  • Members *
  • 19646 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Minnesota

Posted 08 March 2017 - 09:49 AM

Sorry everyone, that flu bug hit me and I haven't been around too much. I'll try to get the standings updated today.

#45 blueschica

blueschica

    What the Puck?

  • Members
  • 5826 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Central Pa
  • Interests:Camping, gardening, muscle cars, NASCAR, Rush!

Posted 08 March 2017 - 01:57 PM

View PostKenJennings, on 08 March 2017 - 09:49 AM, said:

Sorry everyone, that flu bug hit me and I haven't been around too much. I'll try to get the standings updated today.

I hope you feel better soon!  :hug2:   It has been hitting people around here pretty hard.  Hope you have a quick recovery!

#46 Fordgalaxy

Fordgalaxy

    The Professor

  • Members *
  • 3729 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 08 March 2017 - 02:02 PM

View PostKenJennings, on 08 March 2017 - 09:49 AM, said:

Sorry everyone, that flu bug hit me and I haven't been around too much. I'll try to get the standings updated today.
Get better first. This is just a game. If nothing else seems to be working, a couple of stiff drinks will help you not to care as much.

#47 KenJennings

KenJennings

    Mr. Establishment

  • Members *
  • 19646 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Minnesota

Posted 08 March 2017 - 09:15 PM

Week two standings.

Posted Image P1 - Pressure/Hopenosis - 87 Points (1w)
Used: Kevin Harvick (34), Brad Keselowski (53)

Posted Image P2 - Cygnus 2112 - 71 Points (1w)
Used: Chase Elliott (18), Brad Keselowski (53)

Posted Image Chase Cutoff - RacerX - 71 Points
Used: Chase Elliott (23), Kevin Harvick (48)


Posted Image P3 - blueschika - 67 Points (-5 late pick)
Used: Brad Keselowski (24), Kevin Harvick (43)

Posted Image P4 - KenJennings - 61 Points (-5 late pick)
Used: Austin Dillon (18), Kevin Harvick (43)

Posted Image P5 - thesweetscience - 58 Points
Used: Clint Bowyer (9), Chase Elliott (49)

Posted Image P6 - pjbear05 - 56 Points
Used: Jamie McMurray (13), Martin Truex (43)

Posted Image P7 - Mr. Blues - 54 Points (-5 late pick)
Used: Danica Patrick (11), Kevin Harvick (43)

Posted Image P8 - Fordgalaxy - 52 Points
Used: Brad Keselowski (24), Ricky Stenhouse (28)

Edited by KenJennings, 08 March 2017 - 09:18 PM.


#48 Cygnus 2112

Cygnus 2112

    The Professor

  • Members *
  • 4651 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:British Columbia Canada

Posted 09 March 2017 - 12:43 AM

Second Place!!!

This is much better than last year.

#49 Fordgalaxy

Fordgalaxy

    The Professor

  • Members *
  • 3729 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 10 March 2017 - 05:47 PM

View PostKenJennings, on 08 March 2017 - 09:15 PM, said:

Week two standings.

Posted Image P1 - Pressure/Hopenosis - 87 Points (1w)
Used: Kevin Harvick (34), Brad Keselowski (53)

Posted Image P2 - Cygnus 2112 - 71 Points (1w)
Used: Chase Elliott (18), Brad Keselowski (53)

Posted Image Chase Cutoff - RacerX - 71 Points
Used: Chase Elliott (23), Kevin Harvick (48)


Posted Image P3 - blueschika - 67 Points (-5 late pick)
Used: Brad Keselowski (24), Kevin Harvick (43)

Posted Image P4 - KenJennings - 61 Points (-5 late pick)
Used: Austin Dillon (18), Kevin Harvick (43)

Posted Image P5 - thesweetscience - 58 Points
Used: Clint Bowyer (9), Chase Elliott (49)

Posted Image P6 - pjbear05 - 56 Points
Used: Jamie McMurray (13), Martin Truex (43)

Posted Image P7 - Mr. Blues - 54 Points (-5 late pick)
Used: Danica Patrick (11), Kevin Harvick (43)

Posted Image P8 - Fordgalaxy - 52 Points
Used: Brad Keselowski (24), Ricky Stenhouse (28)
A lower score than even those with -5 points for picking late. Sad. But it's early.

#50 KenJennings

KenJennings

    Mr. Establishment

  • Members *
  • 19646 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Minnesota

Posted 10 March 2017 - 06:31 PM

View PostFordgalaxy, on 10 March 2017 - 05:47 PM, said:

View PostKenJennings, on 08 March 2017 - 09:15 PM, said:

Week two standings.

Posted Image P1 - Pressure/Hopenosis - 87 Points (1w)
Used: Kevin Harvick (34), Brad Keselowski (53)

Posted Image P2 - Cygnus 2112 - 71 Points (1w)
Used: Chase Elliott (18), Brad Keselowski (53)

Posted Image Chase Cutoff - RacerX - 71 Points
Used: Chase Elliott (23), Kevin Harvick (48)


Posted Image P3 - blueschika - 67 Points (-5 late pick)
Used: Brad Keselowski (24), Kevin Harvick (43)

Posted Image P4 - KenJennings - 61 Points (-5 late pick)
Used: Austin Dillon (18), Kevin Harvick (43)

Posted Image P5 - thesweetscience - 58 Points
Used: Clint Bowyer (9), Chase Elliott (49)

Posted Image P6 - pjbear05 - 56 Points
Used: Jamie McMurray (13), Martin Truex (43)

Posted Image P7 - Mr. Blues - 54 Points (-5 late pick)
Used: Danica Patrick (11), Kevin Harvick (43)

Posted Image P8 - Fordgalaxy - 52 Points
Used: Brad Keselowski (24), Ricky Stenhouse (28)
A lower score than even those with -5 points for picking late. Sad. But it's early.

In in the right circumstance, I wouldn't be all that surprised if last leapfrogged the leader in one week at this point.

#51 pjbear05

pjbear05

    Rushaholic

  • Members *
  • 1588 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pembroke Pines, FL
  • Interests:Beer and music.

Posted 10 March 2017 - 08:43 PM

Kurt Busch in Vegas, baby.

#52 Fordgalaxy

Fordgalaxy

    The Professor

  • Members *
  • 3729 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 10 March 2017 - 08:52 PM

I'm going with Jr again. Not THAT one, Martin Truex, Jr.

#53 Cygnus 2112

Cygnus 2112

    The Professor

  • Members *
  • 4651 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:British Columbia Canada

Posted 11 March 2017 - 01:03 AM

Truex Jr.

#54 Pressure/Hopenosis

Pressure/Hopenosis

    The Seeker

  • Members *
  • 231 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Southeastern Michigan
  • Interests:Family, music, sports, outdoors, photography and lots of other cool stuff I forgot to mention...

Posted 11 March 2017 - 01:55 PM

Joey Logano

#55 thesweetscience

thesweetscience

    Member titles are overrated!

  • Members *
  • 16326 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling

Posted 11 March 2017 - 04:06 PM

I am also going to take Truex Jr.

#56 KenJennings

KenJennings

    Mr. Establishment

  • Members *
  • 19646 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Minnesota

Posted 11 March 2017 - 04:32 PM

I'll take Ryan Blaney.

#57 blueschica

blueschica

    What the Puck?

  • Members
  • 5826 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Central Pa
  • Interests:Camping, gardening, muscle cars, NASCAR, Rush!

Posted 12 March 2017 - 11:59 AM

Blueschica-   Martin Truex, Jr.  

Mr. blues-    Chase Elliott

#58 Cygnus 2112

Cygnus 2112

    The Professor

  • Members *
  • 4651 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:British Columbia Canada

Posted 12 March 2017 - 03:43 PM

Why did everybody else have to take Truex this week?  I was hoping to get further ahead of y'all

#59 KenJennings

KenJennings

    Mr. Establishment

  • Members *
  • 19646 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Minnesota

Posted 12 March 2017 - 04:48 PM

Dare I say I actually might like stage racing?

#60 thesweetscience

thesweetscience

    Member titles are overrated!

  • Members *
  • 16326 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling

Posted 12 March 2017 - 04:56 PM

View PostKenJennings, on 12 March 2017 - 04:48 PM, said:

Dare I say I actually might like stage racing?
I think I agree. At first I wasn't sure but I think I am changing my mind.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users