Your favorite Uriah Heep album?

Texas King

Your favorite Uriah Heep album(Byron era only)?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Your favorite Uriah Heep album(Byron era only)?

• Salisbury
    • Look at Yourself
    • Demons and Wizards
    • The Magician's Birthday
    • Sweet Freedom
    • other (name in the comment)

They were before my time, but I'm really starting to like their music, especially "Gypsy" and "Lady in Black." I can remember hearing about them the 2nd time I saw Opeth. When Mikael mentioned Uriah Heep he said, "that's a f**king metal band." I will always remember that. :)
  • Like 2

I too have never seen this thread.

My favourite generally hovers between Look At Yourself, Magicians Birthday and Demons & Wizards.

Currently it is Look At Yourself.

(BTW even if you included all non-Byron albums, this three would still be my top 3.)

• Like 1

My favourite generally hovers between Look At Yourself, Magicians Birthday and Demons & Wizards.

(BTW even if you included all non-Byron albums, this three would still be my top 3.)

What's your favourite non-Byron Heep album?

• Like 1

Demons And Wizards. Maybe Sweet Freedom next.

How about giving us your top 10, or maybe top 15 even, just for fun?

Unfortunately I don't know much past the '70's... I was OK with Eggnog, I mean Abominog. I haven't heard that one one for at least 20 years.

• Like 2

Demons And Wizards. Maybe Sweet Freedom next.

How about giving us your top 10, or maybe top 15 even, just for fun?

Unfortunately I don't know much past the '70's... I was OK with Eggnog, I mean Abominog. I haven't heard that one one for at least 20 years.

You need to dig it out. What about the one after, Head First? I like that one.

Can you rate them up to Abominog?

Wake The Sleeper
  • Like 1

Wake The Sleeper

It's impressive, especially after a 10 year gap.

• Like 1

Wake The Sleeper

Indeed. It seemed to re-ignite their career.

What I need to do now is explore more of their output post Abominog which was the last album I listened to prior to the arrival of Wake The Sleeper.

I expect there to be some good stuff and some clunkers!! Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

• Like 1

Wake The Sleeper

What I need to do now is explore more of their output post Abominog which was the last album I listened to prior to the arrival of Wake The Sleeper.

I expect there to be some good stuff and some clunkers!! Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Head First was the next one in 1983 which is kind of like Abominog part 2 but not quite as good. I still think it's excellent though. The one after that, Equator in 1985, saw the band go way too commercial, with some questionable song-writing, that's probably the worst album in the band's history. After this there's a gap to 1989 and the beginning of the Bernie Shaw era. The next four albums, Raging Silence (1989), Different World (1991), Sea of Light (1995) and Sonic Origami (1998) are all really good albums and worth getting.

• Like 2

Wake The Sleeper

Head First was the next one in 1983 which is kind of like Abominog part 2 but not quite as good. I still think it's excellent though. The one after that, Equator in 1985, saw the band go way too commercial, with some questionable song-writing, that's probably the worst album in the band's history. After this there's a gap to 1989 and the beginning of the Bernie Shaw era. The next four albums, Raging Silence (1989), Different World (1991), Sea of Light (1995) and Sonic Origami (1998) are all really good albums and worth getting.

Thanks! Time to start delving methinks!
  • Like 1

Wake The Sleeper

Thanks! Time to start delving methinks!

Hey did you get into Heep when they released their debut album and follow them throughout the 70's?

• Like 1