Tom Brady GOAT?

Xanadoood

Ok guys. Can we make the official call on this.. regardless of some controversy with the pats history, he's got ice in his veins.. definition of clutch. Growing up, I wasn't a huge Pats fan to be honest. They were always a struggling franchise. I was a Sox and Bruins fan. The Pats were a joke. But it's been a joy watching Brady play , and he's always carried himself well.

And he hasn't had a cast of HOF players surrounding him throughout his career.

Thoughts?

• Like 3

Two words...Joe Montana.

Stats baby. Stats

http://www.fueledbysports.com/tom-brady-vs-joe-montana-comparison/

He just brought his team back down by 25.. in the super bowl..his 5th ring. Along with the stats.

Montana WAS the benchmark. But I have to give it to Brady.

Edited by Xanadoood
  • Like 1

He cemented his legacy as the best ever in my view last night. I'm not a Patriots fan at all really but I know success and excellence when I see it. Kudos to Mr Kraft and his team...
  • Like 5

Xanadood is 100% right.

Some seasons he played with guys that wouldn't make the 2nd string on most teams. Some seasons were plagued with injuries to most of his key guys. One season he had a rotating door for an O line every game and somehow STILL managed to get to the AFC game. Think of the one year the Pats ponied up and gave him a high caliber weapon in Moss? Oh yeah, only the most prolific offensive year the game's ever seen and the first team to ever win 18 games. The ending sucked ass of course, but there's no denying nobody has been able to top that or likely ever will.

He has the experience and the leadership to somehow not let his team think they had lost the game at the half last night. Be honest now, most teams that fall behind 28-3 in the third flat out give up (postseason or no). He had to score 2 touchdowns and make two 2-pt conversions just to tie the damn thing and that's not including any of the other craziness that had to happen. I couldn't believe it, I'll bet Goodell had already packed his kneepads by the 3rd. The Pats' winning had to hurt him more than the friggin' Falcons!

I was a baseball guy most of my life, but have really been into Football for about 20 years or so. I know I haven't seen everything there ever was but that was the best comeback victory I've ever seen. The range of emotions was crazy for me so I can just imagine what the players' must've been going through. I was thinking they were going to get blown out and embarrassed, constantly going to the run when the damn run wasn't working, the missed extra point, having to punt it away after your defense finally steps up and forces a 3 and out and THEN have the Falcons storm right back with another touchdown.. Oh man I tell you, everybody at my house thought they were cooked I'm not going to lie.. And then all the impossibilities just started piling up- Edleman's catch! - the strip sack, the 2 pt conversions, Brady slinging for his life.. Nobody had been down more than TEN points and come back and this squad scores THIRTY ONE unanswered.

To me it doesn't matter if you hate the Patriots- and I know most people do- but if you're a fan of football at all how could you not watch that game and then wonder who the friggin' GOAT is? Guys, it's amazing. We will likely never see this kind of dominance by an organization or player ever again. It's like if you had lived through the time and watched Babe Ruth play. This is extremely special. And he's only playing better at 39.. BRADY'S NOT EVEN DONE YET.

Honestly, if not for 2 miracle catches he might be 7-0 in the Super Bowl right now.

I'll tell you what: I wouldn't be a bit surprised if any skilled free agents would take a pay cut to come to NE next season after seeing what Brady and that organization can do.

Edited by Del_Duio
  • Like 4

He cemented his legacy as the best ever in my view last night. I'm not a Patriots fan at all really but I know success and excellence when I see it. Kudos to Mr Kraft and his team...

Yeah see, Narps gets it!

• Like 1

Two words...Joe Montana.

Stats baby. Stats

http://www.fueledbys...ana-comparison/

I thought stats didn't matter, just championships ;)

And Joe only had 45 TDs in his career?

He just won his fifth bowl.. with the greatest comeback in Super Bowl history.

• Like 2

Lets not forget that the Pats were basically manhandled for 3 quarters too. The Falcons looked absolutely unbeatable. Toss in a couple of Pats giveaways and that makes it even more unbelievable for what Brady was able to do. Everybody and everything came together for perfect Pats play.

Another good ol' fashioned BOSTON HEART ATTACK GAME but as long as we're on the winning end of it I'll take these over 50-0 blowouts every time.

• Like 2

Two words...Joe Montana.

Stats baby. Stats

He knows, he's just messing with you lol.

Even Shannon Sharpe is gonna' have to give him props now.

• Like 1

Two words...Joe Montana.

Stats baby. Stats

That was for the playoffs.

Then why do they say that Brady has 428?

And.. along with the wins and stats.. he's frigggin 39 years old! With gas left in the tank, by the looks of it.

That's the only thing pro-Brady in this thread which has made sense.

• Like 1

Two words...Joe Montana.

Stats baby. Stats

Typo.

It should be Brady: 61 (31 games. 1.97 td/game), Montana: 45 (23 games. 1.96 td/game)

Total TDs is Brady: 428 (223 games. 1.92 td/game), Montana: 273 (164 games. 1.66 td/game)

Edited by KenJennings
  • Like 3

Two words...Joe Montana.

Stats baby. Stats

Typo.

It should be Brady: 61, Montana: 45.

Total TDs is Brady: 428, Montana: 273.

Correct.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BradTo00/gamelog/post/

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MontJo01/gamelog/post/

Two words...Joe Montana.

One word: Five

Counting championships for the assessment of a player in the ultimate team sport, the sport most controlled by people off the field, is about the dumbest thing done in all of sports talk radio...which is filled to the brim with stupid.

Two words...Joe Montana.

Stats baby. Stats

He knows, he's just messing with you lol.

Even Shannon Sharpe is gonna' have to give him props now.

Undisputed.

http://www.foxsports.com/watch/undisputed/video

• Like 1

Two words...Joe Montana.

Counting championships for the assessment of a player in the ultimate team sport, the sport most controlled by people off the field, is about the dumbest thing done in all of sports talk radio...which is filled to the brim with stupid.

So what makes Montana the superior to Brady?

Two words...Joe Montana.

Almost as dumb as dismissing the greatest quarterback ever out of spite. But not quite.

Two words...Joe Montana.

So what makes Montana the superior to Brady?

Spite.
  • Like 1

Two words...Joe Montana.

Almost as dumb as dismissing the greatest quarterback ever out of spite. But not quite.

So you're admitting that Marino is the best? I'm glad you're willing to stop being stupid.