Side 2 of Hemispheres or Side 2 of Permanent Waves?

Texas King

Side 2 of Hemispheres or Side 2 of Permanent Waves?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Side 2 of Hemispheres or Side 2 of Permanent Waves?

• Side 2 of Hemispheres (Circumstances, The Trees, La Villa Strangiato)
    • Side 2 of Permanent Waves (Entre Nous, Different Strings, Natural Science)

I like Entre Nous better than both Circumstances and The Trees, but I like both Circumstances and The Trees better than Different Strings, and I like Natural Science and La Villa Strangiato equally. So, toss-up.

La Villa and Natural Science were the driving forces of this one. I prefer La Villa over Natural Science, however I'm not a big fan of Circumstances and The Trees. Entre Nous is good, which adds to PW, so I'm going with Permanent Waves.

This is a tough one! It's a toss up for me, really. I'm a big Trees fan, unusual lyrics and all, and love La Villa as well; vs. 2 other favorites, Entre Nous and Natural Science. I didn't vote. Maybe Side 2 of Circumstances just by a hair.

Hemispheres

LVS is just too much awesome, and The Trees is a classic. I love Entre Nous and Natural Science is very good, but they can't stand up to the awesomeness of Hemispheres.

Circumstances - 6

The Trees - 9

LVS - 10

Entre Nous - 9

Different Strings - 6

Natural Science - 8

The Trees, while being musically interesting, has lyrics that are just too damn goofy. Maybe it's the Canadian in me, but I'm not really into songs about maples and oaks, allegory or not. Why not write about salmon or cod? ("The Fish" sounds more proggy, but Yes would sue.)

Circumstances is a fine track, and LVS is one of their best, but side 2 of PeW just has this great mood about it. Love the fade-out guitar solo in Different Strings, and Entre Nous is one of NP's most human lyrics.

So side 2 of PeW by a hair a leaf.

Hemispheres easily.

My votes would be:

Circumstances 7

Trees 8

La Villa 10

Entre Nous 6

Different Strings 4

Natural Science 10