The clash of unpopular songs: Tai Shan or Red Lenses?

Texas King

The clash of unpopular tracks: Tai Shan or Red Lenses?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. The clash of unpopular tracks: Tai Shan or Red Lenses?

I love Red Lenses. It's my 3rd favourite on GUP after Distant Early Warning and Between the Wheels.

I was really surprised when I joined TFR and discovered it was such an unpopular song.

• Like 2

In the peaceful haze of harvest time, A song of eternity.

I really don't get why people don't like Tai Shan, its very beautiful.

Just my opinion, whatevs

• Like 2

I think Red Lenses in a bad imitation of The Cars.

The band or the Gary Numan tune?

If the band, which tune?

In any case, I'm not hearing the Red Lenses similarity. And I like the band The Cars.

Did somebody say "Gary Numan"? Oh, sorry...my mistake.

There's one Rush tune that always reminds me of Flock of Seagulls, but can't remember the name. sounds kinda like this:

I actually like Grace Under Pressure much, much more than Hold Your Fire. But I'd have to say Red Lenses is worse. First time I heard it I thought it was a joke...in the same vein as I Think I'm Going Bald. Two campy songs from guys getting kinda tired and silly and staying up too late in the studio.

Tai Shan sounds kinda poetic. I can see myself up on this misty mountain looking down on rice fields. Yeah, a little corny, but bearable.

But Dog Years is worse. In this song it sounds like they're wide awake, bright eyed, bushy tailed, ready to go, confident and trying to make a serious song....and out came this dog turd. What happened? It should have been called Dog Turd.

Other hated songs from the Holy Trinity, Holy Triumvirate: Hand Over Fist, War Paint, Virtuality.

"Tai Shan" wins my vote, because it was very different. Yes it was mellow, but it was also culturally diverse, and that work up to the chorus sends me chills; it felt like you were visiting the far east. My Dad played "Red Lenses" over and over because of the build up to the lyric "And the Mercury is rising..," so call me anything you want, but that was just...eh.