Rush Album In Pre Production!!

robertkincaid96

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jan 24 2007, 12:32 AM)
QUOTE (telegraphcreeklocal @ Jan 22 2007, 07:26 PM)
My friend who knows  2.gif  just told me the latest news about the new album and when he told me I went ooo! Clue: What do La Villa Strangiato, YYZ and Leave That Thing Alone have in common?  1022.gif

You mean apart from them all being instrumentals??

Yes, three instrumentals are stated. That is what we will allegedly have on the new album. Three instrumentals! Geddy and Alex have left Los Angeles after visiting with Neil and Lorne and having a nice dinner. Alex is looking real good and the final mix is complete! TLC.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (willowroolz @ Jan 25 2007, 04:30 AM)
QUOTE (Snowman @ Jan 25 2007, 09:24 AM)
drool1.gif    fists crying.gif  I want it now!  fists crying.gif

Ditto. I'm saying that a lot today laugh.gif

Three instrumentals? Oh. My. God. ohmy.gif applaudit.gif

I'm glad they had a nice dinner laugh.gif

Well that certainly increases their odds in the Best Instrumental Grammy catagory now, doesn't it? wink.gif

Note to self: No more dangerous boarder.gif trips from now through April or May. I need to be around for this one for sure. common001.gif

QUOTE (telegraphcreeklocal @ Jan 24 2007, 08:54 PM)
My friend who knows  2.gif  just told me the latest news about the new album and when he told me I went ooo! Clue: What do La Villa Strangiato, YYZ and Leave That Thing Alone have in common?  1022.gif

Yes, three instrumentals are stated. That is what we will allegedly have on the new album. Three instrumentals! Geddy and Alex have left Los Angeles after visiting with Neil and Lorne and having a nice dinner. Alex is looking real good and the final mix is complete! TLC.

Three instrumentals?? There BETTER be loads of crazy guitar solos then...

And what were they doing having dinner with Ben Cartwright?? And was Little Joe there too???

ohmy.gif wacko.gif

QUOTE (telegraphcreeklocal @ Jan 25 2007, 10:46 PM)
Lorne Wheaton, Neils' drum tech.

Yeah I know but...

What do you think of this three instrumentals idea?? 11 or 12 songs that means the least vocal songs on a Rush album since Grace Under Pressure, is this a good or a bad thing?

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jan 25 2007, 10:49 PM)

Yeah I know but...

What do you think of this three instrumentals idea?? 11 or 12 songs that means the least vocal songs on a Rush album since Grace Under Pressure, is this a good or a bad thing?

If there are indeed three instrumentals (I'll believe it when I see it -- three would be highly unusual, even for Rush), then I think the two new instrumentals would be in addition to the ten vocal tracks and one instrumental they originally recorded. So, maybe there's thirteen tracks now?

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jan 25 2007, 11:05 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jan 25 2007, 10:49 PM)

Yeah I know but...

If there are indeed three instrumentals (I'll believe it when I see it -- three would be highly unusual, even for Rush), then I think the two new instrumentals would be in addition to the ten vocal tracks and one instrumental they originally recorded. So, maybe there's thirteen tracks now?

Yeah, only having nine vocal tracks these days would be kind of unusual for a band like Rush who have only had three instrumentals in the last 26 years and their last 9 studio albums...

Maybe. Anyway I think that this album will be unprecedented and they are really going all out for them and us... and I think that they are really excited about it. My friend walked up to me at work and said, "Hey bro, three instrumentals!!!" He just had dinner with 2.gif while they were here in Los Angeles. 1022.gif

QUOTE (telegraphcreeklocal @ Jan 25 2007, 11:16 PM)
Maybe. Anyway I think that this album will be unprecedented and they are really going all out for them and us... and I think that they are really excited about it. My friend walked up to me at work and said, "Hey bro, three instrumentals!!!" He just had dinner with 2.gif while they were here in Los Angeles. 1022.gif

Well at the end of the day, the album will be the album whether there's 13 songs or 17 or whether there's 1 instrumental or 6, it's all good to me...

smile.gif

QUOTE (telegraphcreeklocal @ Jan 24 2007, 08:54 PM)

What they have in common are that they are instrumentals. So doesn't that imply there will be AN instrumental on the record? How does that "riddle" mean there will be three....?

Signed,

Skeptical

If there are 3 instrumentals, it's cause maybe after the 9th song, Geddy said he's getting tired of doing all the singing. Then maybe Neil replied that he's getting tired of doing all the writing. So then, maybe Alex volunteered to write and sing the rest of the songs... rofl3.gif

Reading and listening to the interviews with Alex, the producer, and of course Neil's letter, I am beginning to suspect that they had sooooo much damn fun in that studio that they created new songs there and in the moment. If that's the case, heck fists crying.gif I want it now! fists crying.gif

ohmy.gif wow .

My source told me something about an instumental piece on the new album too but he was leaning toward it was all one song like a part 1 2 3 .sorta like la villa is broken up into different parts but nowhere near as long. cool.gif

If what you say is true and what i heard we may be in for a treat 653.gif

I going out on a limb to say this instumental may be contained in one song consisting 3 parts unsure.gif

In any case, it's going to be great! I wonder if the Gangster of Boats will be involved, or if there will be any Things in the instrumentals... biggrin.gif

QUOTE (YYZ Working Man @ Jan 27 2007, 07:40 AM)
ohmy.gif wow .

My source told me something about an instumental piece on the new album too but he was leaning toward it was all one song like a part 1 2 3 .sorta like la villa is broken up into different parts but nowhere near as long. cool.gif

If what you say is true and what i heard we may be in for a treat 653.gif

I going out on a limb to say this instumental may be contained in one song consisting 3 parts unsure.gif

smile.gif Well I am inclined to believe you YYZ as I really don't think that we are going to be getting 3 instrumentals no.gif no.gif no.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (different strings @ Feb 5 2007, 04:50 AM)
QUOTE (YYZ Working Man @ Jan 27 2007, 07:40 AM)
ohmy.gif wow .

My source told me something about an instumental piece on the new album too but he was leaning toward it was all one song like a part 1 2 3 .sorta like la villa is broken up into different parts but nowhere near as long.  cool.gif

If what you say is true and what i heard we may be in for a treat  653.gif

I going out on a limb to say this instumental may be contained in one song consisting 3 parts  unsure.gif

smile.gif Well I am inclined to believe you YYZ as I really don't think that we are going to be getting 3 instrumentals no.gif no.gif no.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

I really believe we are all in for a suprise.

Don't let presumptions cloud your anticipations.

cool.gif

Archived