The clash of Rush greatest epics: 2112, Xanadu, La Villa Strangiato or Natural Science?

Texas King

The clash of Rush greatest epics: 2112, Xanadu or Natural Science?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. 2112, Xanadu, La Villa or Natural Science?

Why not include all the epics?

I'd still vote Natural Science, but a lot of people would choose one not available at this time.

Heck of a lot of people are going to wonder where Book II is...also Book I is my favorite.

but from this list:

Xanadu

Natural Science

La Villa Straingiato

Those first three I think are all top five Rush songs for me.

• Like 1

Why not include all the epics?

I'd still vote Natural Science, but a lot of people would choose one not available at this time.

These 4 are solid. Why water it down with The Camera Eye? :D

• Like 1

Was the point of this thread to get people to argue the thread's premise?

Omitting the other epics seems to me an odd oversight since including all the epics would offer a more clear picture as to which epics are truly preferred. Not that there's anything wrong with the narrowed focus. It's certainly possible to just ask about these four since these polls are often just as narrowly focused.

The reason I ask is because of the emphasis that these are the 'greatest' four epics. Since it's common knowledge that Hemispheres is routinely touted as the greatest, and since it was omitted, I'm left wondering why it was omitted.

Regardless, since Natural Science is in fact objectively the best epic, it wouldn't change my vote. :)

Omitting the other epics seems to me an odd oversight since including all the epics would offer a more clear picture as to which epics are truly preferred. Not that there's anything wrong with the narrowed focus. It's certainly possible to just ask about these four since these polls are often just as narrowly focused.

The reason I ask is because of the emphasis that these are the 'greatest' four epics. Since it's common knowledge that Hemispheres is routinely touted as the greatest, and since it was omitted, I'm left wondering why it was omitted.

Regardless, since Natural Science is in fact objectively the best epic, it wouldn't change my vote. :)

Previously I started this thread about over-10 minutes epics: http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?/topic/100959-your-most-and-least-fave-rush-epic-track/

Natural Science and La Villa were omitted because of their length. So this is the another thread.

• Like 2

Previously I started this thread about over-10 minutes epics: http://www.therushfo...ush-epic-track/

Natural Science and La Villa were omitted because of their length. So this is the another thread.

Ah. Thanks, I really was wondering. I always look forward to more polls, so either way I didn't care a whole lot.

• Like 1

I agree THESE are the epics. My favorite 3 songs from Rush are in there. For me in this order:

1.La Villa

2.Natural Science

3.Xanadu

4.2112 (I like this song, but c'mon, it gets a little slow in the middle...best parts are Overture, Temples of Syrinx, and Grand Finale..the drums parts in GF play in my head every day...bad ass, brilliant

• Like 2