The Struts : It's About Time, or, It's Too Late ??

Lucas

Rock and roll saviors or retro hacks ??

I love them, and I think vocalist Luke Spiller is brilliant ..

They're still very young, and even though there is a lot of familiarity here, they are much more exciting than a lot of bands that went on to be loved, yet started out wearing their influences on their sleeves ..

Great songwriters, great vibe, and despite all the influences being there, they sound very fresh and original

Nah.....

The singer/frontman undoubtedly has some star appeal, but Freddie did it so much better, and the whole glam/waster kind of image is just so obviously not real.

They strike me as posh boys pretending (though I could be wrong)

Songs have a couple of catchy hooks, but all the raw heaviness has been produced out of them, requiring limp wristed keyboards to fill it out.

I'm sure all the little girlies will love them.......

Needs more guitar, looser songs, and a bit more authenticity...but they are pretty great, especially that frontman.
  • Like 1

My band tried to play Kiss This but our rhythmically challenged guitarist couldn't play the unison lick in the middle, no matter how much I slowed it down for him. I knew something was wrong when in the initial emails, he said he could play it in A or A flat just as easily. No. No you can't...
  • Like 1

Released an hour ago

Best song of 2018

I won’t give it best song of the year, not by a long shot... but it’s darn good. Best thing I’ve heard from them since Kiss This, and honestly that guitar solo might give it the edge over that song. Thank you for posting this!

• Like 1

Production is too polished. I’m sticking with Greta Van Fleet.

The production is amazing, but too polished for me. I agree with the comment above -"more guitar, looser songs, and a bit more authenticity"

They are doing something right though for today's market, if the success they are having is any gauge.

Greeta Van Fleet and YYNot are far more impressive and forward thinking "throwbacks" than this.

I got very bored very quickly. The production is far too slick as well

Played a few more songs just to see...

The nicest thing I can say is that they sound like The Disney Channel made a TV movie about being sixteen and in a new rock band. They rebelled by not wearing school uniform and they are so totally gonna rock out in detention.

I can't really get on board with this...but it does put me in the mood to play some decent eighties stuff haha

• Like 1

Played a few more songs just to see...

The nicest thing I can say is that they sound like The Disney Channel made a TV movie about being sixteen and in a new rock band. They rebelled by not wearing school uniform and they are so totally gonna rock out in detention.

I can't really get on board with this...but it does put me in the mood to play some decent eighties stuff haha

it sounded literally like that old chestnut music series kids bop.

no joke. if they balls up their sound MAYBE there'd be something..........and THAT'S still in doubt, lol

Mick