Your most fave the 80's synth-era album?

Texas King

Your most fave the 80's Rush synth-era album?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Your most fave the 80's Rush synth-era album?

Hold Your Fire, by a country mile.

(And I do like all of the synth era albums, a lot).

So full-on POP Rush album "by a country mile" over others?

I always wondered what was a Lifeson's role on that album.

Edited by Texas King

Power Windows because Signals isn't a Snyth Era album.

Of course it's a synth era album. The album is drenched in synthesizers. Also, I would argue the Rush "live album cycle". Every four albums is summed up with a live album. Count it out. Signals is grouped with GUP, PW and HYF. Rush agrees! It's a fact! It can't be denied! :codger:

• Like 2

Hold Your Fire. But Grace Under Pressure is pretty much it's equal.
  • Like 1

Tough for me.

When I divide the songs up and put my favorites on one playlist, Power Windows is provides more tracks earlier than the other albums, and after Prime Mover's early entry nothing else from HYF shows up for awhile. Signals and G/P show up evenly.

So Power Windows must be my favorite, and HYF in last place.

But Prime Mover is easily one of my favorite songs by Rush, I like it more anything off of Power Windows (I think. At least today.)

Grace Under Pressure. It's the best sounding recording of the 4 and is a great mix of synth while still having Alex working his magic. Not a bad song on that album IMO. Power Windows and HYF are too much synth and both albums alex has said he struggled to find places to play as a result. Any albums that dismiss Alex's guitar work are not going to get much b love from me. Signals just has too many misses
  • Like 1

Power Windows for me! Middletown Dreams is my favorite synth-era song, and I think getting to hear Big Money, Grand Designs, Manhattan Project, and Territories on the CA Tour (as well as Marathon on the Time Machine Tour) breathed new energy into those PoW songs, and made me go back and really appreciate the album from start to finish.
  • Like 1

Hold Your Fire, by a country mile.

(And I do like all of the synth era albums, a lot).

So full-on POP Rush album "by a country mile" over others?

I always wondered what was a Lifeson's role on that album.

Yes. Hold Your Fire is magical in sound, balance of production, execution, and musicianship.

As I said, I like the others quite well. But Hold Your Fire stands significantly above them, on the whole.

If you can't hear Alex's contribution to that album, I don't know what to tell you.

• Like 3