Martial arts actors clash: Van Damm VS Seagal VS Norris?

Texas King

Martial arts actors clash: Van Damm VS Seagal VS Norris?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Van Damm VS Seagal VS Norris?

• Jean Claude Van Damme
    • Steven Seagal
    • Chuck Norris

Chuck and Seagal would both beat the shit out of JCVD. Chuck would have a hard time with Seagal's Aikido though. As clownish as the dude is, he was legit. None of that matters when you're in m***********ing Top Dog though. CHUCK NORRIS!

Topdogposter.jpg

• Like 1

Norris can fight but he can't act. He has the same expression on his face no matter what happens. That show he did Walker Texas Ranger is the most boring TV show I've ever seen. I've never seen a Norris film I liked either. I quite like the fight scenes between him and Bruce Lee and with David Carradine but that's it.

Segal films are all the same and he's not much better than Norris as an actor.

So I'll have to give this to Van Damme who has got the better action film resume, and he's shown he can act especially in JCVD, and has put in some good performances in other films like when he stole the film as the villain in the first Expendables.

Norris can fight but he can't act. He has the same exp<b></b>ression on his face no matter what happens. That show he did Walker Texas Ranger is the most boring TV show I've ever seen. I've never seen a Norris film I liked either. I quite like the fight scenes between him and Bruce Lee and with David Carradine but that's it.

So I'll have to give this to Van Damme who has got the better action film resume, and he's shown he can act especially in JCVD, and has put in some good performances in other films like when he stole the film as the villain in the first Expendables.

Lol, you don't think they suck equally at acting? At least chuck can actually fight and doesn't claim a secret past that doesn't seem to jive with facts

Norris can fight but he can't act. He has the same expression on his face no matter what happens. That show he did Walker Texas Ranger is the most boring TV show I've ever seen. I've never seen a Norris film I liked either. I quite like the fight scenes between him and Bruce Lee and with David Carradine but that's it.

Lol, you don't think they suck equally at acting? At least chuck can actually fight and doesn't claim a secret past that doesn't seem to jive with facts

No Van Damme is decent as an actor, not good but decent. And it doesn't matter if Chuck was a karate champion, he's being judged here as an action star. His last karate appearance was 1974. The question was which is your fave, not which is the best fighter or the best martial arts champion.

Edited by treeduck

Norris can fight but he can't act. He has the same exp<b></b>ression on his face no matter what happens. That show he did Walker Texas Ranger is the most boring TV show I've ever seen. I've never seen a Norris film I liked either. I quite like the fight scenes between him and Bruce Lee and with David Carradine but that's it.

No Van Damme is decent as an actor, not good but decent. And it doesn't matter if Chuck was a karate champion, he's being judged here as an action star. His last karate appearance was 1974. The question was which is your fave, not which is the best fighter or the best martial arts champion.

I agree. I didn't think Van Damme could pull off any acting until I saw JCVD. And yeah, Van Damme in Expendables 2 was fun stuff.

Chuck and Segal can't act. We all know that.

When I saw Chuck's Silent Rage and Lone Wolf McQuade at the cinema I knew they were pieces of crap even though I was only 9 or 10. Those movies were still enjoyable but definitely crappy. In Lone Wolf McQuade, Chuck's deputy was Flounder from Animal House. That says a lot. :LOL:

And Segal...well, I feel that in all his movies he's said the line "Hey Ritchie! Ritchie!" to some thug before beating him senseless with an iron skillet. That's followed by twisting Ritchie's wrist. :LOL:

• Like 2

I agree. I didn't think Van Damme could pull off any acting until I saw JCVD. And yeah, Van Damme in Expendables 2 was fun stuff.

When I saw Chuck's Silent Rage and Lone Wolf McQuade at the cinema I knew they were pieces of crap even though I was only 9 or 10. Those movies were still enjoyable but definitely crappy. In Lone Wolf McQuade, Chuck's deputy was Flounder from Animal House. That says a lot. :LOL:

And Segal...well, I feel that in all his movies he's said the line "Hey Ritchie! Ritchie!" to some thug before beating him senseless with an iron skillet. That's followed by twisting Ritchie's wrist. :LOL:

Yeah Segal always twists their wrists, why is that??

Different tastes but I don't think any of them are great actors. I've always disliked everything about JCVD so you can count me as a non fan.

Different tastes but I don't think any of them are great actors. I've always disliked everything about JCVD so you can count me as a non fan.

Well you watched it enough to know you disliked everything about it, so you must have some interest.

Yeah Segal always twists their wrists, why is that??

Aikido technique

Well you watched it enough to know you disliked everything about it, so you must have some interest.

I'm using the initials to refer to the man since I didn't feel like typing it out. You seem to be in a mood tonight. Hope all is well.

I don't think any of them are great actors either. But from what i saw in JCVD, I'd say Van Damme isn't as bad as Chuck and Segal.

I'm using the initials to refer to the man since I didn't feel like typing it out. You seem to be in a mood tonight. Hope all is well.

Me? In a mood? I'm never in a mood. Except when I'm in the mood for some snacks, and that reminds me... :hail:

Oh, I thought you had seen JCVD too.

I'll say this, a buddy of mine recommended JCVD and claimed Van Damme was legitimately acting in it. I told him "Bullshit, that's impossible." I was wrong. Van Damme wasn't bad. It's more drama than action film. In fact, there isn't much action in it. And that's fine. I think it's his most enjoyable movie.

I'll say this, a buddy of mine recommended JCVD and claimed Van Damme was legitimately acting in it. I told him "Bullshit, that's impossible." I was wrong. Van Damme wasn't bad. It's more drama than action film. In fact, there isn't much action in it. And that's fine. I think it's his most enjoyable movie.

JB you ok? You seem to be in a mood tonight. I think you need to see a few action flicks to calm you down. :16ton:

Me? In a mood? I'm never in a mood. Except when I'm in the mood for some snacks, and that reminds me... :hail:

Hey baby it's a quarter to eight i feel I'm in the mood for some nachos and pretzels and beer

• Like 2

JB you ok? You seem to be in a mood tonight. I think you need to see a few action flicks to calm you down. :16ton:

Morning here. I'm in the mood for waffles and sausage links!!!! That's my usual mood --- HUNGER!

• Like 1

Morning here. I'm in the mood for waffles and sausage links!!!! That's my usual mood --- HUNGER!

I'm gonna go with hot chicken sandwiches followed by apple and blackcurrant pie...to start with! :d13:

I think it's safe to say that JB is TRF's action star he's known as JBGR. :smoke:

:LOL:

Suddenly I just remembered that scene in JCVD where he's being begged by that one robber to teach him how to kick the ciggy out of the guy's mouth :LOL:

I forgot that bit what happened?

I think it's safe to say that JB is TRF's action star he's known as JBGR. :smoke:

:LOL:

Suddenly I just remembered that scene in JCVD where he's being begged by that one robber to teach him how to kick the ciggy out of the guy's mouth :LOL:

I forgot that bit what happened?

Funny stuff that won't sound funny if I describe it. So watch it! :LOL: