help a computer illiterate

maxbeckmann

hello,

i bought a roland fantom x6 which is now discontinued. it's a fairly "old" synth (b. 2004) but certainly not vintage. it has a usb port.

thing is : i would like to link that synth to my computer. i have an i mac running macOS Sierra v. 10.12.2

problem is : roland don't do update anymore. the latest updated driver is for 10.8 which is not recognize by my OS.

in this situation, is there anything i can do to operate this synth via usb ?

any help will be greatly appreciated.

mB

Is there a PC driver you can run in a Virtual Machine on the Mac using Parallels?

wow. i would love to know more on this. but i'll refer you to the title of my thread : i am a computer illiterate.

If you know how to use google and can follow step by step instructions, it's ALL out there. But you also need the willingness.

Is there a PC driver you can run in a Virtual Machine on the Mac using Parallels?

wow. i would love to know more on this. but i'll refer you to the title of my thread : i am a computer illiterate.

If you know how to use google and can follow step by step instructions, it's ALL out there. But you also need the willingness.

how have i missed that. thanks for the advice.

how have i missed that. thanks for the advice.

Aparently you haven't even tried, or you wouldn't be asking. See the second statement in my previous reply.

Edited by stoopid