Your top 3 tracks on the Van Halen S/T debut album?

Texas King

Your top 3 tracks on the Van Halen S/T debut album?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Your top 3 songs on the Van Halen S/T debut album?

• Runnin' with the Devil
    • You Really Got Me
    • Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    • I'm the One
    • Jamie's Cryin'
    • Atomic Punk
    • Feel Your Love Tonight
    • Little Dreamer
    • Ice Cream Man
    • On Fire

IMO this great album has 10 killer tracks(including instrumental Eruption) and one filler - On Fire. The vocal melody in this song, esp.chorus turns me off, though the musical melody isn't bad.

My top 3: Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love, Atomic Punk, Ice Cream Man.

Jamie's Crying and You Really got me closely follow these 3 tracks.

Edited by Texas King
  • Like 3

IMO this great album has 10 killer tracks(including instrumental Eruption) and one filler - On Fire. The vocal melody in this song, esp.chorus turns me off, though the musical melody isn't bad.

My top 3: Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love, Atomic Punk, Ice Cream Man.

Jamie's Crying and You Really got me closely follow these 3 tracks.

Im right with ya- difficult for me to leave out Ice Cream Man and Jamies cryin

• Like 1

Little Dreamer - love the chilled out emotive feel of this

I'm the One - Lots of guitar pyrotechnics, plus I love the quirky "shoobie-doo-wah" vocal section

Ice Cream Man - Just so cool. The blues with a VH twist.

• Like 3

So are you including Erruption in You Really Got Me since they're piggyback songs? Or did you just forget it somehow?

Please don't tell me you didn't include because it's an instrumental and not technically a "song," because it's pretty much the most important and influential piece of music on that record, maybe in VH's whole career and deserves votes regardless.

My votes will be for:

Erruption/You Really Got Me (or just Erruption)

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love

Ice Cream Man

But everything is classic.

• Like 4

So are you including Erruption in You Really Got Me since they're piggyback songs? Or did you just forget it somehow?

Please don't tell me you didn't include because it's an instrumental and not technically a "song," because it's pretty much the most important and influential piece of music on that record, maybe in VH's whole career and deserves votes regardless.

My votes will be for:

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love

Ice Cream Man

Yeah it is. And I like the second album even more. :)

• Like 1

Eruption is a work of only one man called Eddie Van Halen, not a work of all guys that make a band called VAN HALEN!

Eddie Van Halen - Eruption

Van Halen - all other tracks on the album VH.

Do you see a difference?

Eruption is a work of only one man called Eddie Van Halen, not a work of all guys that make a band called VAN HALEN!

Do you see a difference?

I don't know how to respond to this.

• Like 1

Do you see a difference?

Weird, my copy has playing in the song by every single member of the band named Van Halen. Not good enough?

• Like 3

Do you see a difference?

I don't know how to respond to this.

Actually I do. One, Alex's drums are on the track, so I don't know what you mean that it's only the work of Eddie. Two, if Eddie would've wanted that credited only to himself, he'd have saved it for a solo album. He put it on Van Halen for a reason. Three:

How the heck can you be so picky? I'm sorry, but I just do not agree with your logic on this in the slightest.

• Like 1

My votes will be for:

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love

Ice Cream Man

It would have gotten my vote. Every guitar player in rock basically tried to replicate that until Nevermind was released.

• Like 2

Runnin' with the Devil, Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love, and Jamie's Cryin'. Apostrophes, dawg.

This ^

• Like 2