For U2 Fans - 'The Statesman'

GhostGirl

This is a great, LONG article about Bono and his work on abolishing poverty and AIDS in Africa that appears in today's NYT Magazine.

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2005/09/13/magazine/18cover.386.2.jpg

'The Statesman'

It is a long article so I won't quote any of it.

I just don't want to splice it, but what really strikes me is the influence that Bono had upon Jesse Helms.

I really don't like Sen. Jesse Helms at all, but I will always remember his response to Bono. I think it shows how even a stone wall like Helms can be moved by the right person.

I remember when this happened, and I was really surprised to tell you the truth. I'm an enormous U2 fan, just barely surpassed by Rush, and that's probably only because of when I was born.

Sometimes Bono gets on my nerves, but I do know he believes what he is impassioned about. That's the difference between him and the posers. It's a world of difference, too.

Thanks for posting this GG. You GOT to love Bono!!!

Oh and Guess what, I found a lower level ticket for the show at Madison Square on 10/11!!!!!!! Paid less than face value so I went for it!! There's no way I'm missing them this tour. 21 days!!!!! common001.gif

QUOTE (Indica @ Sep 20 2005, 12:20 PM)

Oh and Guess what, I found a lower level ticket for the show at Madison Square on 10/11!!!!!!! Paid less than face value so I went for it!! There's no way I'm missing them this tour. 21 days!!!!! common001.gif

ARGH!!! I'm so jealous, Indy. wink.gif

I wanted to see them this tour so badly I could TASTE it...I am, in fact, destined to be pulled up on stage to dance with Bono (hey, in his platform shoes we'd be about the same height laugh.gif) - it's just a matter of WHEN...

rofl3.gif

Have fun, Indy. smile.gif

QUOTE (war2112 @ Sep 20 2005, 12:41 AM)
It is a long article so I won't quote any of it.

I just don't want to splice it, but what really strikes me is the influence that Bono had upon Jesse Helms.

I really don't like Sen. Jesse Helms at all, but I will always remember his response to Bono. I think it shows how even a stone wall like Helms can be moved by the right person.

I remember when this happened, and I was really surprised to tell you the truth. I'm an enormous U2 fan, just barely surpassed by Rush, and that's probably only because of when I was born.

Sometimes Bono gets on my nerves, but I do know he believes what he is impassioned about. That's the difference between him and the posers. It's a world of difference, too.

I agree with you, war. Bono CAN be annoying, but I believe he is doing more to actively help those less fortunate, which is more than you can say for the "posers," as you put it.

And I love U2 almost as much as I love Rush, as well. heart.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Sep 20 2005, 02:51 PM)

Oh and Guess what, I found a lower level ticket for the show at Madison Square on 10/11!!!!!!!  Paid less than face value so I went for it!! There's no way I'm missing them this tour. 21 days!!!!! common001.gif

I wanted to see them this tour so badly I could TASTE it...I am, in fact, destined to be pulled up on stage to dance with Bono (hey, in his platform shoes we'd be about the same height laugh.gif) - it's just a matter of WHEN...

rofl3.gif

Yeahh im jealous also sad.gif

I was hopin to go along with him,I say sell the killer seat and buy 2 seats next to eachother, so we can go as a couple yes.gif applaudit.gif

trink39.gif

QUOTE (DonnaWanna @ Sep 20 2005, 03:02 PM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Sep 20 2005, 02:51 PM)

Oh and Guess what, I found a lower level ticket for the show at Madison Square on 10/11!!!!!!!  Paid less than face value so I went for it!! There's no way I'm missing them this tour. 21 days!!!!! common001.gif

rofl3.gif

Yeahh im jealous also sad.gif

I was hopin to go along with him,I say sell the killer seat and buy 2 seats next to eachother, so we can go as a couple yes.gif applaudit.gif

trink39.gif

I'm working on it, be patient. I found a good deal on a single ticket, 2 tickets together are 3-4 times more. Let me work my magic and chill, damn, they are going to play there for like 8 shows, something will come up. wink.gif

Archived