Thinking of Lorraine

RushCanuck

I'm not sure she wants people to know much.......so i will just say i have been in contact. And she's ok.

I don't feel i should say more though.

if she wants to she'll come back

Mick

Thank you.

• Like 3

Who really cares to be honest...? People coming and going on the internet all the time.

People think that just because you chatting with people online, they are your friends. But thats not the case. Sure, some people you might enjoy talking to and think is nice. But they are never your real friends. Just someone you chat with online.

Sorry for you bra.

• Like 2

I care about Lorraine, and hope she´s ok. Thanks for keeping us updated, Mick! Any news about her husband? I was really sad when a few of us, with the best intentions, tried to give her advice but she took offense with it.
  • Like 6

I care about Lorraine, and hope she´s ok. Thanks for keeping us updated, Mick! Any news about her husband? I was really sad when a few of us, with the best intentions, tried to give her advice but she took offense with it.

Thing is Rod. i dunno what i should or shouldn't say cause i don't wanna risk upsetting her again.

i hope i didn't mess up doing that small update.

If i hear back again i may ask her some more. i'm trying to be just a friend right now and not upset her.

i'm sure in time if she wants she may be back

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 7

Aye...

I guess I should spend more time in here. I had no clue about Lorraine. We've teased each other a lot but at the end of the day she is a wonderful woman and I do adore her.

I hope she is ok! If her issue is too personal for a public forum could someone tell me what's going on in a pm?

Hang in there "L!" My thoughts are with you!

Edited by RUSHHEAD666
  • Like 7

Thanks for the update Mick.

I was wondering few days ago if she was OK or not. Hopefully her husband is recovering well.

I hope she knows her Rush family will always be here and welcome her return if she decides to come back.

• Like 2

Who really cares to be honest...? People coming and going on the internet all the time.

People think that just because you chatting with people online, they are your friends. But thats not the case. Sure, some people you might enjoy talking to and think is nice. But they are never your real friends. Just someone you chat with online.

Online friends being real or not is debatable. I get it.

But "Who really cares?" is just a straight up dick thing to say especially given everything Lorraine has gone through. For REAL.

I can't actually say Lorraine's my friend but I CAN say that she seems like a nice person. I CAN say that I hope things work out for her and her husband despite not knowing her. Bad things happen to people I don't know all the time...and at least SOME of those things make me feel sad for those people that I DON'T actually know.

"Who really cares?" --- Apparently, everyone in this thread except you.

He wasn't worthy of this reply.

I haven't met Lorraine in person. She means a lot to me.

Hope she is well.

• Like 5

Online friends being real or not is debatable. I get it.

But "Who really cares?" is just a straight up dick thing to say especially given everything Lorraine has gone through. For REAL.

I can't actually say Lorraine's my friend but I CAN say that she seems like a nice person. I CAN say that I hope things work out for her and her husband despite not knowing her. Bad things happen to people I don't know all the time...and at least SOME of those things make me feel sad for those people that I DON'T actually know.

"Who really cares?" --- Apparently, everyone in this thread except you.

I haven't met Lorraine in person. She means a lot to me.

Wow... you really must be lonely outside of this forum if someone online means a lot to you...

Zumbi, I enjoy talking to you on chat, man...but you´ve clearly overwelcomed your stay here in this topic. Please get out - with no detriment to our other chats or interactions. But please get out.
  • Like 7

Anyone who spends any time on this board loves Lorraine and I have no doubt if I met her we would get along great! I wish her well!
  • Like 12

You couldn't be more wrong. I'm going on a week long family vacation this august with 2 couples and there children. I met them on TRF. I have known these people over 10 years, and they are very close friends. We see each other quite often, and don't live in the same state.These are real and important relationships. My daughter is best friends with one of there daughters and spends a couple week each summer with her.

I have personal relationships with many people on this board! Strong relationships with many, and have met in person at least 100 members of this board.

Johnny B and I have met and hung out and he is in this thread right now.

And you're talking about none other than Pags/George who I've never met yet always seemed like a nice family type dude.

Look, here we are now (or rather, in '06) with the superfriendly, supercool SlackaBob who happens to be yet ANOTHER TRFer who is just one DAMN FINE human being. :yes:

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c107/andrewq2112/IMG_6328.jpg

• Like 10

You couldn't be more wrong. I'm going on a week long family vacation this august with 2 couples and there children. I met them on TRF. I have known these people over 10 years, and they are very close friends. We see each other quite often, and don't live in the same state.These are real and important relationships. My daughter is best friends with one of there daughters and spends a couple week each summer with her.

I have personal relationships with many people on this board! Strong relationships with many, and have met in person at least 100 members of this board.

And you're talking about none other than Pags/George who I've never met yet always seemed like a nice family type dude.

Look, here we are now (or rather, in '06) with the superfriendly, supercool SlackaBob who happens to be yet ANOTHER TRFer who is just one DAMN FINE human being. :yes:

Yes, a REAL vacation with Pags, Owlswing, Sundog, and Digital Man.

Before finding this place, I also may have thought you can't forge real relationships from a fan board. Boy would I have been wrong!

Edited by Tick
  • Like 6

I too have met these TRF behemoths! TWICE! I remember little of the following days though.....hic.
  • Like 9

I'm not sure she wants people to know much.......so i will just say i have been in contact. And she's ok.

I don't feel i should say more though.

if she wants to she'll come back

Mick

That's good to know. :)
  • Like 3