Day-Lewis vs Hanks vs Denzel vs Neeson

JohnnyBlaze

Hollywood Heavy Hitters vs  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who's your favorite of this group?

• Daniel Day-Lewis
    • Tom Hanks
    • Denzel Washington
    • Liam Neeson
  2. 2. What do you think of this poll?

• I had a hard time choosing 1 of the 4 because they're all pretty awesome.
    • It came down to 3 of them but I made my pick and I'm sticking to it.
    • It came down to either (x) or (y) so I chose what I chose.
    • (x) all the way baby!
    • I had a tough time choosing because none of them are all that special to me.
    • I ended up randomly picking one because they're all overrated, overpaid, Hollywood trash!

Daniel Day-Lewis. Tom Hanks. Denzel Washington. Liam Neeson.

Four of Hollywood's biggest guns.

All within 5 years of each other between 59-64 years of age.

Except for Neeson, all are multiple Academy Awards winners: DDL with three and Hanks & Denzel with two a piece. But I don't feel too bad for Liam; he deserves to be mentioned in this group with more than a couple of modern classics under his belt...and no I'm not talking about Phantom Menace or Next of Kin. ;)

So who's your guy? What's that actor's best flick?

What about the other's best movies?

:hail:

Not really a DDL fan. Like the other three but went with hanks because I like more of his projects including things he wasn't in like from the earth to the moon. Btw, that thing you do! is so underrated.

DDL's my favorite actor of all time, so this wasn't hard for me. Going with There Will Be Blood for best film.

They're all great though and choosing my second favorite is harder. Strictly based on acting...I'd go with Denzel second. Tom's been in better movies though.

Tom Hanks for me.

But of all these guys my favourite performance is Neeson in Schindler's List.

It came down to DDL or Denzel...with Denzel coming out on top. I think he's the most reliable, believable, and versatile of the group.

As far as the best stuff from each...

DDL: There Will Be Blood...just about as intense a performance as you can get

Hanks: Road to Perdition...just an all-around great movie; This may be surprising but the soundtrack is the best thing going on...or maybe Paul Newman beating the hell out of Daniel Craig!

Denzel: so hard to say but maybe Glory, The Hurricane, Training Day, or American Gangster. He's good in everything even when the movie isn't good.

Neeson: a lot I haven't seen from him so I'd have to go with Schindler's List

I really like both Washington and Neeson. Both have made lots of great movies.

Hanks is a bit overrated. He have made a few good movies but none that makes me go: WOW!

I am not sure who Lewis is.

My vote ended on Neeson.

• Like 1

Not really a DDL fan. Like the other three but went with hanks because I like more of his projects including things he wasn't in like from the earth to the moon. Btw, that thing you do! is so underrated.

Yeah, "That Thing You Do!" was a nice surprise. I wasn't expecting too much but got a fun, upbeat movie

Didn't know this but Hanks' debut was in a slasher film called "He Knows Your Alone". Hard to imagine really.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/He_Knows_You%27re_Alone

Denzel's debut was in the comedy, Carbon Copy. I saw this a few times on HBO or Cinemax back in the early 80s. I liked it.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_Copy_(film)

Edited by JohnnyBlaze

Hanks is a bit overrated. He have made a few good movies but none that makes me go: WOW!

Philadelphia, Forrest Gump, Road to Perdition, Saving Private Ryan...

On the lighter side: Catch Me If,You Can, Castaway, Big...even Splash is a great performance.

On the lighter side: Catch Me If,You Can, Castaway, Big...even Splash is a great performance.

Nope. None of them makes me go WOW!

WOW!

WOW!

I just wanna say...to prove I'm the coolest guy ever...

Splash is one of my favourite comedies ever and easily my favourite Hanks movie hahahaha!

And let's not forget the Toy Story trilogy...

• Like 1

WOW!

Forrest Gump didn't make me go "WOW!" but Road to Perdition, Philadelphia, and Ryan are really high quality to me.

I can understand people not liking Castaway but I really enjoyed that one too.

Also, I'm having a hard time thinking of a better trilogy than Toy Story...though isn't there going to be a part 4 in the near future?

• Like 1

WOW!

I just wanna say...to prove I'm the coolest guy ever...

Splash is one of my favourite comedies ever and easily my favourite Hanks movie hahahaha!

And let's not forget the Toy Story trilogy...

Good timing with Toy Story! I was typing it as you were posting!

I must've seen Splash at least a dozen times back in the 80s

• Like 1

Well Daniel Day-Lewis is the most versatile and talented actor of these four but I'm not sure if I'll choose him, it's either him or Denzel though.

You went with the double JohnnyBlaze votes given that you ended up going with Denzel too. :hail:

Yeah the one guy I don't like out of this bunch is Hanks. I didn't used to like Neeson so much but I've come to appreciate his skills a little more over the last few years.

Well Daniel Day-Lewis is the most versatile and talented actor of these four but I'm not sure if I'll choose him, it's either him or Denzel though.

You went with the double JohnnyBlaze votes given that you ended up going with Denzel too. :hail:

Yeah the one guy I don't like out of this bunch is Hanks. I didn't used to like Neeson so much but I've come to appreciate his skills a little more over the last few years.

One Neeson movie that's kind of absurd but pretty enjoyable is The Grey.

One Neeson movie that's kind of absurd but pretty enjoyable is The Grey.

Your favourite ones though are The Dead Pool and Darkman!

Edited by treeduck