hope hes ok why what happens now

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 blueschica

blueschica

What the Puck?

• Members
  • 5348 posts
  • Interests:Camping, gardening, muscle cars, NASCAR, Rush!

Posted 12 January 2017 - 12:43 AM

View PostAncient Ways, on 11 January 2017 - 09:04 PM, said:

I'm 50 and I promise you my reflexes and cognitive abilities are just as good as when I was 37.  I think everyone is different.  What I will say is maybe they just DGAF as much about winning as they have other things in their lives and more than enough money.  It's something to consider before making it sound like anyone over 40 is on the edge of senility or death.  I'm finding this to be too funny

That could be in Carl Edwards' case, that he doesn't care.  It's very strange, retiring for no reason. I still wonder if he is ill and doesn't want to say or something.  I just said prime of his career because he had a very good racing season last year; not because he was a certain age.  I think the peak of a NASCAR racer's career could actually be when they are in their 20's  :banghead:   or they could be successful in their 40's; it just depends on the individual person and their training and experience.

Edited by blueschica, 12 January 2017 - 12:43 AM.

Sponsored Post

#22 Slack jaw gaze

Slack jaw gaze

Solar Federalist

• Members *
  • 2237 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 05:01 AM

View PostAncient Ways, on 10 January 2017 - 10:34 PM, said:

View PostSlack jaw gaze, on 10 January 2017 - 08:50 PM, said:

View PostAncient Ways, on 10 January 2017 - 06:55 PM, said:

It's weird to hear people talk about someone that drives a car as being in their prime.
Not as weird as to hear people not able to comprehend it.
how is a 37 year old in their prime as a driver versus a 27 or 47 year old exactly?
Apply that question to any athletic endeavor and answer it yourself.

#23 Slack jaw gaze

Slack jaw gaze

Solar Federalist

• Members *
  • 2237 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 05:07 AM

This unprofessional little stunt
?

Someone can't decide risking their life every week is no longer worth the rewards?

#24 Slack jaw gaze

Slack jaw gaze

Solar Federalist

• Members *
  • 2237 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 05:09 AM

View PostAncient Ways, on 11 January 2017 - 09:04 PM, said:

I'm 50 and I promise you my reflexes and cognitive abilities are just as good as when I was 37.  I think everyone is different.  What I will say is maybe they just DGAF as much about winning as they have other things in their lives and more than enough money.  It's something to consider before making it sound like anyone over 40 is on the edge of senility or death.  I'm finding this to be too funny
Delusional. Proof...Every athlete ever.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hope hes ok, why, what happens now

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users