If you listen to music and its someone knocking on your door, what do you do?

YYZumbi

14 members have voted

1. 1. What do you do with the music if someone is knocking on your door?

• Do you keep playing the music the way it is?
    • Do you turn off the music?
    • Do you turn down the volume?

Stop the music Answer the door. listen carefully. then scream YOU INTERRUPTED SHEIK YERBOUTI FOR THAT?????!!!!! FUKK OFF!!!!!

then slam the door in their face.

Mick

Special delivery: registered mail!

You're gonna have to sign for this buddy.

Come on out of there you lil son'a bitch! I know ya in there!

God damn little communist...

• Like 3

If I'm listening to music in my home, it's probably pretty damn loud, so I would turn it down. There's no way in hell that I could leave it.

I usually only listen to music when no one else is home, so I can listen to it at a volume that I enjoy.

• Like 3

If I'm listening to music in my home, it's probably pretty damn loud, so I would turn it down. There's no way in hell that I could leave it.

I usually only listen to music when no one else is home, so I can listen to it at a volume that I enjoy.

Loud as f**k?
  • Like 1

Loud as f**k?

Pretty much. One Sunday morning, when the family went to church without me, I had the stereo going :"loud as f**k". My next door neighbors are very religious, so I figured they had to be at church too. I later found out I woke up their daughter who was home visiting for the weekend. :blush:
  • Like 2

On a side note, I don't answer the door if i'm not expecting anyone to come over.

For real? That is just weird :S Why would you not answer the door? What if its something important? A delivery or an emergency? Or whatever

And what if it's some wacko who is using that as a way to force themselves into the house to try and rob it or possibly hurt someone? Hey, it does happen. Nothing wrong with being cautious when it comes to protecting your life and your property.

Ok, you must be one of those people that is just scared of everything... That like never happens....

You're right. There's no crime in the USA. Ever.

The rest of the world doesn't function like Sweden big guy.

You think sweden is a calm place? It happens lots of things here as well. I just don't think some crazy guy would come running in to my home for no reason.

Nope, never said that Sweden is a calm place. But I would wager a ton on the rate of crime being much higher in the USA than Sweden...breaking and entering, rape, homicide, etc. Pick a crime.

Here's the international homicide rates:

http://en.m.wikipedi...l_homicide_rate

Sure, the population of the USA is 30 times higher than Sweden's but think about this...

According to that link (which I'm sure you'll skip over), there were 87 homicides in ALL of Sweden in 2014. Using that same chart, the USA in 2013 had over 12,000. Mathematically and accounting for the population difference, the USA still has more than 6 times as many homicides.

Or okay, how about home burglary (which is more about what we're talking about)? I can think of close to a dozen poor bastards I know who've had their home burglarized. Some, multiple times. And it's not like they live in destitute, crime-ridden areas. I'm talking about suburbia, middle class, and upper middle class homes being burglarized. Is that more than the number of folks you know who've had their homes robbed? Yeah, I'd guess so.

But give me your address and I'll run into your home for no reason.

If you're going to meet in person for a fist fight I want to be there to feed on your pain. :hi:

• Like 2

I would do nothing because my music would be playing loud enough that I wouldn't hear the knocking :haz:

On a side note, I don't answer the door if i'm not expecting anyone to come over.

Exactly what I was going to post. If I'm playing my stereo, I won't hear someone knocking on the door so it doesn't matter. It's happened before and I'm sure it will happen again.

• Like 1

For real? That is just weird :S Why would you not answer the door? What if its something important? A delivery or an emergency? Or whatever

And what if it's some wacko who is using that as a way to force themselves into the house to try and rob it or possibly hurt someone? Hey, it does happen. Nothing wrong with being cautious when it comes to protecting your life and your property.

Ok, you must be one of those people that is just scared of everything... That like never happens....

You think sweden is a calm place? It happens lots of things here as well. I just don't think some crazy guy would come running in to my home for no reason.

Nope, never said that Sweden is a calm place. But I would wager a ton on the rate of crime being much higher in the USA than Sweden...breaking and entering, rape, homicide, etc. Pick a crime.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate

Sure, the population of the USA is 30 times higher than Sweden's but think about this...

According to that link (which I'm sure you'll skip over), there were 87 homicides in ALL of Sweden in 2014. Using that same chart, the USA in 2013 had over 12,000. Mathematically and accounting for the population difference, the USA still has more than 6 times as many homicides.

Or okay, how about home burglary (which is more about what we're talking about)? I can think of close to a dozen poor bastards I know who've had their home burglarized. Some, multiple times. And it's not like they live in destitute, crime-ridden areas. I'm talking about suburbia, middle class, and upper middle class homes being burglarized. Is that more than the number of folks you know who've had their homes robbed? Yeah, I'd guess so.

Awesome. I have beer. :)

• Like 3

Stop the music Answer the door. listen carefully. then scream YOU INTERRUPTED SHEIK YERBOUTI FOR THAT?????!!!!! FUKK OFF!!!!!

Mick

Special delivery: registered mail!

You're gonna have to sign for this buddy.

Come on out of there you lil son'a bitch! I know ya in there!

God damn little communist...

Why not come over? Youll meet my sister, you'll like my brother. Really you will.

• Like 1

If you're going to meet in person for a fist fight I want to be there to feed on your pain. :hi:

When I said I'll run into his house for no reason, I meant just that --- run in, run out and hopefully not get tripped up by the overly abundant Rush and Lita Ford album copies or the excessive Swedish crimes that might've spilled over into his crib

• Like 2

Turn it off. You never know how long you'll be standing at the door and there's no point in the music playing if you're not there to hear it.
  • Like 2

When I said I'll run into his house for no reason, I meant just that --- run in, run out and hopefully not get tripped up by the overly abundant Rush and Lita Ford album copies or the excessive Swedish crimes that might've spilled over into his crib

If you ran into my home, you would stay forever. My home is a music temple. Your face would look like this: :o

It would just end with you and me enjoying music on my turntable all day and night...baby! :P

Mick

:unsure:

"Umm...I'm just a dolphin, ma'am."

• Like 1

My favourite album of all time is Deep Purple's Machine Head. while they were recording 'Smoke on the Water' in the Rolling Stones mobile recording unit, police were actually trying to get in because of complaints from the locals. Did they stop playing?? FUKK NO! Roadies were holding the door shut keeping the cops out so they could finish getting the track down on tape.

There's my answer :P

Edited by MMCXII
  • Like 2

If you ran into my home, you would stay forever. My home is a music temple. Your face would look like this: :o

It would just end with you and me enjoying music on my turntable all day and night...baby! :P

The_Temple_of_Music_tb.jpg

• Like 3