If you listen to music and its someone knocking on your door, what do you do?

YYZumbi

14 members have voted

1. 1. What do you do with the music if someone is knocking on your door?

• Do you keep playing the music the way it is?
    • Do you turn off the music?
    • Do you turn down the volume?

Say you listening to music, and suddenly someone is knocking on your door. What do you do? (except for opening the door ofcourse)

Do you keep playing the music the way it is?

Do you turn off the music?

Do you turn down the volume?

On a side note, I don't answer the door if i'm not expecting anyone to come over.

For real? That is just weird :S Why would you not answer the door? What if its something important? A delivery or an emergency? Or whatever

On a side note, I don't answer the door if i'm not expecting anyone to come over.

For real? That is just weird :S Why would you not answer the door? What if its something important? A delivery or an emergency? Or whatever

And what if it's some wacko who is using that as a way to force themselves into the house to try and rob it or possibly hurt someone? Hey, it does happen. Nothing wrong with being cautious when it comes to protecting your life and your property.

Obviously, if i'm expecting a delivery i'll answer it. I can easily look out the front window of the house and see if there's a delivery vehicle there. The same if the police or fire department come around for some reason. They usually announce themselves if they really need to get somebody's attention.

EDIT: I would also answer if it appeared to be an urgent situation. Like if the person keeps ringing the doorbell or knocking a lot. That's never happened to me though. But just a random ring/knock when i'm not expecting anyone? Nope, not answering.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 2

And what if it's some wacko who is using that as a way to force themselves into the house to try and rob it or possibly hurt someone? Hey, it does happen. Nothing wrong with being cautious when it comes to protecting your life and your property.

Ok, you must be one of those people that is just scared of everything... That like never happens....

Ok, you must be one of those people that is just scared of everything... That like never happens....

I live in the city, sure it happens.

No, i'm not scared of everything. I'm just more on the suspicious side if some random person shows up at my door,

• Like 2

:musicnote: Keep a-knockin' but you can't come in

Keep a-knockin but you can't come in

Keep a-knockin but you can't come in

Come back tomorrow night an' try it again :musicnote:

• Like 4

tbh, this poll is rather uneventful. Most polls recently have been pretty lackluster (sorry, Texas King but you're responsible for 75% of them).

What advice would you give to improve this and other polls? More blood & guts? Stripping contortionists? An absurd amount of explosions a la Roland Emmerich or Zack Snyder? Other?

Sincerely,

A maker of TRF polls

You're right. There's no crime in the USA. Ever.

The rest of the world doesn't function like Sweden big guy.

• Like 4

I live in the city, sure it happens.

No, i'm not scared of everything. I'm just more on the suspicious side if some random person shows up at my door,

The first two Death Wish movies always make me really cautious about opening the front door :scared:
  • Like 3

I'd just turn it down. Actually, I'd ask the person visiting if there's something else they'd like to hear, or if they want me to shut it off.
  • Like 1

I'd just turn it down. Actually, I'd ask the person visiting if there's something else they'd like to hear, or if they want me to shut it off.

I mean more like when you are opening the door, and don´t know who it is. What you do before you open it.

You think sweden is a calm place? It happens lots of things here as well. I just don't think some crazy guy would come running in to my home for no reason.

I mean more like when you are opening the door, and don´t know who it is. What you do before you open it.

I understood…I said I'd turn it down. I just added a bit extra commentary at the end. What, is that not allowed? :LOL:

• Like 1

I understood…I said I'd turn it down. I just added a bit extra commentary at the end. What, is that not allowed? :LOL:

Nope its not! :P

Stop the music Answer the door. listen carefully. then scream YOU INTERRUPTED SHEIK YERBOUTI FOR THAT?????!!!!! FUKK OFF!!!!!

then slam the door in their face.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 5

You think sweden is a calm place? It happens lots of things here as well. I just don't think some crazy guy would come running in to my home for no reason.

I know all about Swedish crime. I've watched The Bridge (Bron/Broen) You guys have more than your fair share of crazy fictional serial killers. Edited by Your_Lion
  • Like 1

Nope, never said that Sweden is a calm place. But I would wager a ton on the rate of crime being much higher in the USA than Sweden...breaking and entering, rape, homicide, etc. Pick a crime.

Here's the international homicide rates:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate

Sure, the population of the USA is 30 times higher than Sweden's but think about this...

According to that link (which I'm sure you'll skip over), there were 87 homicides in ALL of Sweden in 2014. Using that same chart, the USA in 2013 had over 12,000. Mathematically and accounting for the population difference, the USA still has more than 6 times as many homicides.

Or okay, how about home burglary (which is more about what we're talking about)? I can think of close to a dozen poor bastards I know who've had their home burglarized. Some, multiple times. And it's not like they live in destitute, crime-ridden areas. I'm talking about suburbia, middle class, and upper middle class homes being burglarized. Is that more than the number of folks you know who've had their homes robbed? Yeah, I'd guess so.

But give me your address and I'll run into your home for no reason.

• Like 2