Where do you buy your socks from? And how many pairs do you buy at a time?

treeduck

How many pairs of socks do you buy at a time?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Mow many pairs of socks do you buy at a time?

• 1 pair - I take things slowly and carefully
    • 2 pairs - that's it
    • 3 pairs
    • One 4 pack
    • I grab a 5 pack
    • Like beer I get a six pack
    • 7 pack
    • Two 4 packs
    • Two 5 packs
    • I get two 6 packs
    • I grab at least 20
    • Not less than 30
    • I get 50 pairs so I don't have to worry about socks again
    • I get 100 pairs, I buy in bulk
    • None I just keep using old ones that I keep darning.

I get mine for free from my mom. She got a own company there she is selling socks. So she give to me for free every time I need. And its no cheap ones either. Its socks in really good quality that last forever.
  • Like 2

I usually get socks for Christmas, only buy more when I need more black or more low socks. Works for me.

My Sperry socks come in 5 packs, my Vans socks come in 3 packs, and my Nike socks come in single pairs.

Me too, but I do buy those little low cuff things for summer. Usually 5-6 in a pack.

• Like 3

My sister was into knitting and cross-stitch...she used to make things (like those in the photos above) for me.

Buy socks? I don't recall the last time I did. I seem to be able to make them last a loooong, long time. Once every five years or so, I guess.

You want me to recall how many I get at one time? I don't know that I can. :huh:

I'm a barefooter for as much of the year as I can get away with. But since it is currently cold...yes, I do appreciate a good pair of socks.

• Like 1

Speaking of white socks, I've only got one pair left. And that's only because they came in a 3-pack with some grey and black ones. The whites don't get much time outside of the sock drawer. Sock racism

I've no white socks now. I had a few I used for just around the house but they seemed to wear out fast.

• Like 1

Pip and Catherine have it all over me! This is the second, and last pair of socks that I have knit. It turned out that I didn't like to knit them very much. I like scarves (shawlettes) and lap blankets better. I buy soft blue and white mix cotton socks from Amazon in bags of 3.

http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp338/plantfan40/Screen%20Shot%202017-01-09%20at%208.15.27%20PM.png

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 3

Pip and Catherine have it all over me! This is the second, and last pair of socks that I have knit. It turned out that I didn't like to knit them very much. I like scarves (shawlettes) and lap blankets better. I buy soft blue and white mix cotton socks from Amazon in bags of 3.

http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp338/plantfan40/Screen%20Shot%202017-01-09%20at%208.15.27%20PM.png

Here's the most recent pair I knit.

20160929_092623.jpg

Looks like you and catherine pray with your feet.

Or is it some kind of foot cult symbolic gesture that I don't know about?

• Like 2

Interesting that you ask as I just bought socks today. I buy mine at TJ Maxx or Marshall's because they usually carry good socks at a hugely discounted price. For general wear, I buy the 6-packs of the Under Armor socks. It happens that I am hosting a survival camping trip this weekend so I went to Maxx looking for wool socks 'cause that's the only type of socks I wear while in the woods and I found 2 pairs of Smartwool socks which are made from Merino wool (my favorite). They were discounted from $20 a pair to $7 so I snagged them.
  • Like 3

Pretty!! I have made dozens of pairs but don't knit them as often as I used to. I am working on a sweater and a pair of gloves at the moment.

• Like 2

Here's the most recent pair I knit.

20160929_092623.jpg

Looks like you and catherine pray with your feet.

Or is it some kind of foot cult symbolic gesture that I don't know about?

Have you ever tried to take a picture of your own feet in such a way as to show off your socks? Not as easy as you might think. :P and yes we knitters photograph our knitting. Alot.

• Like 3